Chapter 44 : Hidden Forces, The Swordplay Spars Begin
169 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Upon seeing Grania leave the training room.
 
The person stopped observing and left the scene.
 
After a brief 5-minute walk, he reached a closed restroom.
 
It had a sign with the words ‘Out of Order’ written on it.
 
Wasting no time, the teacher went into some program on his smart watch and swiped it over the door’s lock.
 
He then opened the door like normal and went inside.
 
Upon entering the room, he saw a man lying on the bathroom sink who seemed to be sleeping.
 
The man’s face had no facial features.
 
The peculiarity of his face didn’t stop there as his face was also pitch black.
 
When the teacher saw the man, he let out an involuntary gulp.
 
Hearing the gulp, the man got up from his position and turned to the teacher.
 
“You’re finally here huh? I thought I’d have to wait for a day or two to get an update, Colter.”
 
Colter’s face went pale when he heard the remark of the man.
 
“N-No sir, I was making sure that the report was correct so that nothing would happen to your plans.”
 
The man nodded. “Lighten up, I’m just playing with you.”
 
“How did sending that group after the bounty go?”
 
Colter shook his head.
 
“The group you sent after them failed. To make it worse, they seemed to have joined the group with Trista, Cassia, and Reno.”
 
The man touched his chin. “Oh~ That’s not something I thought would happen. How did it turn out that way?”
 
Colter touched his smart watch and brought up a screen.
 
“From the report I received. It seems that not only is Reno Mochizuki stronger than our records but Trista Ace is also involved with him now.”
 
Hearing this, the man began laughing.
 
“Looks like there’s something about him that we don’t seem to know."
 
"From what I observed from the previous semesters."
 
"There seemed to be nothing special about him.”
 
I might have to change that train of thought it seems. Put Reno on our observation list.”
 
Colter nodded.
 
The man then got up off the bathroom sink.
 
“Any other updates I need or can I leave now?”
 
Colter then swiped his smart watch and the screen changed.
 
“We’ve been updated on the exact date of the vampire invasion and their list of targets.”
 
The man smiled on the inside when he heard this.
 
“Good to know, send me them via the contact I sent you.”
 
The man then walked over to Colter and touched his shoulder.
 
“When everything’s finished then not only will you get your children back but if I’m feeling generous and it all goes well then your wife as well.”
 
Hearing this, Colter’s face grimaced before going back into a smile.
 
The man saw this and laughed on the inside.
 
‘I love to see pitiful humans get hurt over worthless things such as relationships.’
 
The man then left through the door with Colter following shortly after.
 
Again, time seemed to pass like water as before Reno knew it.
 
Wednesday had come.
 
He didn’t want to get out of bed because he knew that it was the day of the swordplay sparring matches.
 
After hyping himself up for some time, he got the energy to do his morning routine and get ready.
 
As usual, Cassia was waiting for him in the living room.
 
She was reading something from a book.
 
Reno got an apple from the fridge and began to munch on it.
 
I feel bad. I don’t want Cassia to feel like protecting me is some responsibility but on the other hand.’
 
‘If I refuse then she might think she must have done something wrong.’
 
Reno got tired of trying to figure out what to do and ended up tossing the matter to the back of his mind.
 
He then checked if Cassia was ready and the both of them set out to the swordplay class.
 
Different from how it usually went.
 
When Reno reached in front of his swordplay class.
 
He said bye to Cassia and walked over to a line with members of his swordplay class.
 
He looked for where Grania was and then squeezed himself between her and the guy who was ahead of her.
 
The rest of the line was too busy talking and had failed to notice Reno’s arrival.
 
Grania was eating a muffin so she didn’t say anything to him and just put up a thumbs-up sign for good luck.
 
In no more than 10 minutes, Egon arrived and carried the class to a place that seemed like a Roman coliseum.
 
Upon arriving, Egon gave his instructions on how he would run his sparring matches.
 
“We’ll do it like this. Everyone will stand in one corner of the training arena and I’ll pick any two random people to fight.”
 
“Whoever is unable to continue fighting will be deemed the loser. As other races are usually as intelligent as humans, they won’t go easy on you.”
 
“Everyone will start with a point. Whoever wins a match will get the points for who they beat. When you get beaten then you’re out.”
 
“Finally, to make you all try your best. Whoever ends up winning will get the chance to fight against me along with an academy credit.”
 
Hearing the final reward, the entire class erupted into chatter.
 
“A full academy credit!?”
 
“Has any other teacher done an entire credit?”
 
“The highest any teacher of mine has proposed is a quarter of a credit, an entire one is so unheard of.”
 
In some of the student’s eyes, this small act had already made him their teacher of the month.
 
“Hmph!”
 
Upon hearing this voice, the class’ spirit died down.
 
“Whoever dares to fight against me, don’t blame me for making your lives hell. Either in the academy or outside of it.”
 
Hearing this, most of the class inwardly cursed their luck.
 
‘Why did we have to be in the same class as Chasin?’
 
Chasin smiled at the fact that most of the class understood that they shouldn’t go against him.
 
He then looked over at Reno and Grania.
 
The two of them looked as if they didn’t hear a word that he said.
 
They seemed to be playing rock paper scissors.
 
Seeing this irritated Chasin.
 
As he was about to try going over where the two were.
 
Egon interjected.
 
“Let’s get started. Reno Mochizuki vs Jai Parker.”
 
Reno stopped playing with Grania and then walked into the middle of the stage.
 
Jai also walked into the middle of the stage.
 
Reno analyzed his opponent.
 
Jai had pink hair with black eyes. He had a muscular physique along with a katana on his waist.
 
He also had white gloves on.
 
“Reno Mochizuki was it? I hope we both have a good match.”
 
Reno nodded. “Likewise.”
 
On the inside, however, Jai was laughing his ass off.
 
‘Hahaha, Reno huh? I didn’t even realize that this guy was in our class. I know the name of everyone stronger than me in this class.’
 
‘This simply means that I can beat this guy.’
 
‘I wish that I had a chance at getting the one point but with Chasin here, that’s a pipe dream.’
 
‘At least with this, I won’t seem like one of the weakest in the class.’
 
Egon then put his hand into the air.
 
“The match commences in 3”
 
Reno and Jai both stood on guard with their hands on their hilts.
 
“2”
 
“1”
 
“Go!”
9