Epilogues: Betty
1.5k 12 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Betty’s view

I thought I could make a paradise for bunnies. A perfect world, a utopia. Then the wars started. I tried sending divine messages, but it never seemed to work. People don’t listen to me.

“Alice, please help! I don’t know how to stop all the wars! They’re gonna ruin the paradise I built for them!”

“If you just copy the laws of the world we came from, of course they’ll fight. The world we came from was full of fighting too. To really prevent all the wars and fights, you have to make new laws. Laws that reward peace, and punish fighting.”

New laws? Well, if those who start and lead wars can’t have children, perhaps that would help?

---

King’s view

Lately, it’s been found that leaders of a war will become sterile. I’ve already got a dozen children vying for my throne. I don’t need more. Time to grow my kingdom, and take those lands that rightfully belong to me!

General’s view

That bastard king! I don’t have kids yet! If I lead an army to war, I’ll never have kids! If I have to face such a fate, I’d rather lead a rebellion!

---

Betty’s view

I suppose that’s better than before, but there’s still a lot of warfare. This is hard.

“Hey, Jane? How come your world doesn’t have any wars?”

“Well, there’s no cultivation, and I made an endless forest. The deer eat the plants and the plants grow, and if there’s not enough where they are, there’s always more forest. Plus, they don’t really like to gather in large enough numbers for a war anyway, so the only fighting is the yearly fight over mates, which is more like friendly duelling.”

“Oh. No cultivation?”

“Cultivation just leads to conflict! You’ve seen the state of the upper realm!”

Hmmm… I don’t really want to remove cultivation, but maybe the way it works needs to change?

---

Random Cultivator’s view

“How do you do it? You’ve been cultivating so fast lately.”

“You noticed that gratitude of others accelerates cultivation, right?”

“Well sure, but it’s not that easy to make people grateful.”

“You just gotta learn how to con them! Convince them you helped even if you didn’t do a thing! That’s all it is!”

“Eh? That… that doesn’t sound like a good thing to do. Won’t people be pissed if they find out?”

“You just gotta do it right, and not stick around too long. Unless you want to start a cult or religion. I hear that’s a really effective way to do it! Just convince a bunch of people that through you they can find salvation! It’s amazing how foolish most bunnies are.”

“Isn’t it dangerous to start a religion? Wouldn’t that anger the true god?”

“Bah! When was the last time she smited someone? A thousand years ago? More? She’s not gonna pay attention to the actions of just one person!”

---

Betty’s view

Well… the wars mostly stopped, but there’s still a serious problem with who’s rising to power. This is hardly the paradise I wanted to make.

What else can I do?

“Perhaps you should let what people think a person is, influence the person’s cultivation and who they become.”

“Uh, that’s an odd idea, Alfred. Isn’t that kinda like mind control?”

“Personally, I think making someone who claims to be a hero actually be one is only fair.”

“What about people who are framed and made to be seen by others as bad when they aren’t?”

“Just tie the effect to accepting gratitude. That way, only those who accept the gratitude of others are changed, and only in a way that makes them better fit what those grateful to them, think they are. It will actually help those who aspire to being heroes, but aren’t yet.”

---

Henchman’s view

“Hey, have you noticed how the boss has changed?”

“Yeah, he used to just be saying those things to get attention and power, but now it sounds like he really means it!”

“I swear he actually scolded me for stealing last week!”

“I’m starting to think we need to find a new boss. Helping people isn’t what I signed up for, the pay is, and the pay just isn’t good enough without all the side jobs we used to do.”

“Yeah, I’m thinking the same. Let’s skip town tonight, before he tries to stop us.”

---

Betty’s view

I think that’s actually working. I had to make a few tweaks to stop terrible people from propping up terrible leaders, but it was almost perfect all on it’s own. Just had to make sure ill will from those who’ve been wronged could negate the gratitude if there were enough people being wronged. Won’t stop all misdeeds, but it’s stopping a lot. Demonic sects are completely unheard of now.

I think I can properly call my world bunny paradise now.

***Author Note***

What am I doing? This story is already complete! I'm supposed to be working on the next story, not adding to this one! Darn imagination isn't doing what I tell it to. >_<

49