Chapter 114 – He’s Arrogant But Skilled
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wow, that was amazing Vee. You sure showed that scar face bastard who's the real man around here? Good job mate, you rock." Mentos complimented his friend while patting him on the back. "Why do I have the feeling that you were holding back, eh?"

"Hmph! Holding back? Indeed. That guy is too weak for me to take seriously. If he wasn't part of Vicky's gang, I would have made him piss himself just from looking at me." Hao acted boastfully.

His arrogant attitude didn't escape Lanor's radar. 'What a bully.'

"Oh my god! That was so awesome and dangerous. I'm still shaking with excitement." Ciara came along and began checking Hao for injury. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"A little, but nothing serious. Don't worry, I'm more durable than I look." He smirked.

"You were careless during a couple of your swings. Be more cautious next time." She gave him a lecture.

Hao felt that her lecture was uncalled for. "What do you mean? I was fighting below my level."

Mentos laughed at Hao's cockiness. 'He's so full of himself. Can't wait to see what he'll be like after he grows up a little more.' Mentos saw the Sword Fishes then his mind ran on Acadian. “I wonder how that big chum is doing. Is he still locked up in the shack?”

“Yeah, he’s still there.” Responded Hao.

"You showed off quite a bit of skill. Are you happy now that you've wounded my underling?" Vicky rolled her chair forward to confront Hao. Her two feet blades were sticking out and creating sparks with the ground. She was trying to intimidate him but it didn't work. He saw her frequency clear as day.

"Of course. That fight was fun and satisfying for me. But I believe I need more of a challenge. Are you up for the task?" Hao was recklessly brazen with his words as he turned around to face Vicky.

"Ha! I'm not one to back down from a challenge. If you want a rematch then let's go brat. But this time I will be using my Blade Edge."

"Mum, are you serious?" Hearing this, Lanor was alarmed and tried to stop her, but Vicky gave her a stern look.

'She is going to use her Blade Edge? I've never seen it before have I? Where could she be hiding it? Is it her sword feet? No, she used those against me the last time we fought so it can't be them.' Hao stressed his brain trying to identify the trueness of Vicky's Blade Edge. Every turn his mind took he came up blank, so he decided not to risk it.

"I changed my mind," Hao admitted openly. Mentos was relieved to hear this. He was starting to worry that Hao may not have survived a battle against Vicky.

“Humph, wise answer kid.” Vicky gave Hao a smug look then drifted her attention onto the truck. "Because of you injuring my main player, the delivery is delayed until Scar is back up and running."

"Sorry about that." Hao shrugged, pretending to care. Now that he had his Vibe Sense back, he decided to sneak peek into the cargo loaded in the truck. An invisible pulse expanded from his Vibe Edge, focusing on penetrating the layers of the truck. The blue beat tones which were being interpolated by his Vibe Goggles were painting a vivid imagery in his mind's eye of what was contained inside the cargo.

'Are those what I think they are?' Hao zoomed in further until he began perceiving numerous types of Uncommon tier swords that looked like they have just been out of the forge. He could see intricate engravings on the blades with various jewels embedded on the hilts. 'Vicky sure did her work well in creating those fakes. I can tell. Although they're convincing at a glance, upon closer inspection they lack the fundamental resource to make them the real deal-Sword Spirits. Not even the faintest essence can be sensed from them. She must be planning to sell them to a group of unscrupulous characters. Didn't expect much from those based in the slums anyway.'

"Hey, what do you think you are doing?" Vicky noticed how strangely Hao was standing still as if he was focusing on something above his clearance. She had a hunch that he might be spying on her truck so she told him, "Keep your sight out of my business. I'm warning you."

"I wasn't doing anything." Hao broke his concentration with the items in the truck and focused back on Vicky.

"Hmm, I don't trust you. Anyway, we'll be going now. Raven, help me get this truck out of here. As soon as Boulder return, we're out. Lanor, you keep an eye on them, make sure they don’t stir up any more trouble." Vicky left Lanor in charge of the group and followed Raven to the back of the truck.

"You're quite lucky that Scar lost today's match," Lanor told Hao.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hao wondered. “Do you think that it could have ended otherwise?”

“…” Lanor remained silent.

"Hey, I'm going to the shack to check on Acadian." Announced Mentos, cutting in the conversation. "Ciara you should come with. I'll show you something creepy and cool."

"What might you be talking about Mentos?" Ciara was intrigued to follow Mentos but she waited on Hao's cue before going.

"Sure, let's go." Hao agreed. "But first, I need to grab this." He picked up the case from the ground which had Belmot secured inside and brought it with him.

"We're coming too." Said the kids. But they were still a bit fearful because of what transpired the last time they were there. Sensing their fears, the Sword Fishes swam around them, reassuring them that nothing bad would happen.

 

 

0