Chapter II : Through the Age of Dark to Light
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Chapter II : Through the Age of Dark to Light

 

 

So starts the age of Dark, welled with Demons, flooded in blackness infinite. As though the world was back into the void. There was naught, but disparity and loss.

But Darkness was never meant to be eternal.

Legends and myth passed down by elders differ in details during this critical moment before the dawning of the new world, yet they all merge into one same conclusion that the Runes amongst The Book of Neliya so described. And so it is thus drawn in runes that I quote through my deciphered text:

 

“ In the end of the age before, a new awakening thus was wrought,

In Dark came Light, of the remaining, burst in spark.”

 

These texts that I have thoroughly tried to explain the intricate drawings of the ancient book were not only inspired by The Book of Neliya itself, but also by hieroglyphs and mysterious graphs carved upon the walls and pillars of the ancient shrines scattered within mount Tron, holy locations that date back even before the reign of the first Keiken King---Kaiken King. These obscure messages left behind in these deep mountain shrines seem to evoke a common truth, that is the ending of the former age, the era of Ancient Man, somehow gave birth to the age of us, of who our ancestors call ourselves ‘The Children of Light’. But how are we children of Light? And how do we come out of The Age of Dark?

 

According to the runes of the Book of Neliya, and also ancient texts of the floating isle Terminas, which I mainly cite from Le Telagrama Luckexia, the second oldest document of Kingdeniom mainly documenting historical happenings on the Terminas side, not all of the Ancient Man race was eliminated during the ‘Nano Scourge’ that took place during the ‘Post Earth Century’.

Some of the Ancient Men did survive, and from them, came us, The Children of Light.

 

From what Le Telagrama Luckexia so depicts of the starting age of the floating isle, there were a few survivors of the Age of Dark, and one of them came by the name of Celesteas. Ancient Man Celesteas brought with him his knowledge of his fallen age and fled to a wide plateau high above the clouds, and from that plateau, he used his ancient technologies to rebuild civilization, which he succeeded, temporarily. The city he so built with the other survivors of the dark age upon that high place, will later be the proto floating isle Terminas. But that would be a later progression.

According to Le Telagrama Luckexia , Celesteas was the first ruler of Terminas, but by that time, Terminas was not yet called by its name which we refer to as of now, and it has not yet afloat. Therefore, some historians argue that Celesteas was not the first ruler of Terminas but rather the last ruler of the Age of Ancient Man, but I digress. Still, Celesteas sure played a big part in forming the world we know and live in today.

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f43457473707248514171754737413d3d2d313333303733393639342e313735323764363263346265313165323432323531343034313632322e6a7067

( Above: Runes of Celesteas in different forms.

Left: The first appearance of the Rune that stands for Celesteas found in The Book of Neliya.

Right: The Rune of Celesteas found on ancient slabs excavated from Senpu Tenple shrine located in deep Mount Tron.)

 

 

Of Celesteas’ deeds, per the old books so vaguely claim, were extraordinary compared even with our modern standards, and his marvels and exploits are even mysteries to this day. It is documented in the ancient literatures that Celesteas had built an army of iron vessels that sail above the clouds, and hundreds of iron automatons under his command. How Celesteas sustained and fought back the Demons with his fleets of flying metal ships is still a question asking to be solved, and shall mayhap be revealed in the future after more ground-breaking research.

 

Both The Book of Neliya and Le Telagrama Luckexia documented Celesteas as a ruler of Terminas before it’s full excellence, yet only in The Book of Neliya did it give partial details of the rise and fall of Celesteas the Sky Man, the survivor of the Scourge, he who built upon the clouds in obscure ways. Le Telagrama Luckexia, unfortunately, mayhap be due to some parts lost in time and others too confidential to be released by the current Terminas authorities, have little description of the happenings during Celesteas’ rule, which was a saddening travesty. Therefore, of the Dark Age during the coexistences of the Domination of Demons and the Celesteas Dynasty, we shall account mostly from The Book of Neliya, it being our main source to the first glimpse of our roots.

 

Let us begin:

 

At the end of the former age of the ancients fallen, the land cast under dark and demonry, with but a few dwindling survivors with one Celesteas Sky Man who did rule.

The land was bleak, and disparity overflowing, yet the eternal law of change dimmed an outer intervention to break the grim stalemate in the form, of a Comet.

 

Per The Book of Neliya’s first starting runes so drawn, a Comet did fall from the cosmos during the Age of Dark, drawing a start of a new epoch across the atmosphere, plunging straight into the sea, its location, some marine analyst friends of mine did hypothesize, to be east of Kingdeniom, amongst the Daitouyo, the Great East Ocean.

And with the Comet, Light was seeded into our Sea, bringing spark and heralding hope across the lands and sea.

 

And from the Comet’s Light, sentience was born.

As The Book of Neliya so describes rather ambiguously, it did elude of The Goddess of Sea’s awakening from slumber by the comet’s descent, and with the Light of the cosmos, the Goddess of Sea bore sentient life.

 

Thus was the first part of the Book of Neliya, of the wanning of Dark and the dawn of the age of Light.

 

The Second part, of the rise of Celesteas, The Book introduced Celesteas the ruler of the dwindling, and his search for this Light source that the comet had brought onto this land.

Here, The Book of Neliya took a turn into the fantasque and drew amongst its runes of Celesteas’ task in a mythical fashion which I shall recite in abstract:

 

During the twelve twelfths winter of the Age of Dark, Celesteas Sky Man sought to prevail against the Dark, and awakened the God of the Elden Earth for its blessing. The God of the Old World, freed from eternal slumber, agreed to fulfill the wish of Celesteas’ liking.

 

‘Grant me power to restore my world.’ Celesteas so wished, and the God of the Old Earth agreed.

 

‘ I am Bradinn.’ Spake the God of the Elden Earth. ‘And I know of only one way to achieve your wish.’

 

‘ Grant me insight.’ Celesteas sought the way.

 

‘ Seek the Light in the Sea.’ Bradinn the Elden God so revealed.

‘ And it shall restore your World.’

 

...

 

  Wait, you may ask.

What is happening? Who is this Bradinn God and where did he come from?

 

I may candidly tell you, I don’t fully know yet. But as we delve through the mythical tale inscribed in the runes of our ancient texts, we shall soon get ourselves a somewhat clearer answer.

 

Let me continue:

 

 The Elden Earth God led Celesteas to the Sea.

‘ There.’ Bradinn pointed at the sparkling light flashing within the waves

‘ Collect the Light of the beyond seeded amongst Sea and see through its Memories, there the way shall be revealed to thee.’

“ Celesteas did as he was told, and fished out the flakes of Light out of the Sea. But the Goddess of Sea, some refer to the Goddess of Water refused and sought to stop Celesteas.

‘ The Memories are not yours.’ The Goddess of Water approached and warned.

‘ The Light you have taken will not bring back your world. It is not meant to be.’

 But Celesteas heeded not the Goddess of Sea’s advice and took the Light back to his fortress up high in the clouds.

 

Little did Celesteas knew that he was followed by one of the daughters of the Goddess of Sea, the youngest among them all, a young goddess that went all the way back to Celesteas’ fortress, to retrieve the Light Celesteas had so taken.

During the night, while Celesteas and his fortress was in deep slumber, the young goddess sneaked in and took the Light and Memories out of Celesteas’ chamber.

But before the young goddess made her way out, The Elden God Bradinn found her and Celesteas was notified at once.

 

In a spooked frenzy, the young goddess tripped and the Light in her arms scattered out from her grasp and spread out of the high fortress of Celesteas. Down they fell, Light sprinkled across the lands yonder,

 

and from where the Light touches the earth,

 

the children of Light was born.

 

 ...

 

Thus was the happening of how the young Goddess gave rise to the children of Light according to the runes of The Book of Neliya. And the young goddess in question, the youngest daughter of the Goddess of Sea, was none other than the Kingdeniom Goddess of Light and Memory---Yuidis herself, the one we all know and love to this day.

 

 

 

 

[……to be continued…]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0