Stage 16: Information Gained
468 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Cora:] [Quest completed!] 

[Cora:] [You have gained: Knowledge of the book of Herba]

[Cora:] [New Quest has been Created!]

 

Storyline Quest created: The Mystery of the Golden Scale: A Young Koi's Journey.

The Adventure Begins Part 3

Peter is relieved that his friend is still alive, but he is concerned about the upcoming battle that his charge will face. However, he received the answer to his worries. After learning the Mythical Tea art, he knows his charge will be able to compete on an equal footing with his enemies.

Objective: Learn about the book of Herba

Reward: 20 EXP & 20 Bronze Coins

 

"Mythical tea art?" Lixin asked, ignoring the notifications that appeared in front of him.

"That's right," Peter replied with a gentle smile. "My family learned this knowledge 500 years ago after one of my  ancestors saved a dying monk from a wild bear. From what I was told as a boy the Monk was on a spiritual journey. He was said to possess a special knowledge he called 'Herba' which is the name of the tea art."

Lixin was completely fascinated by the man's words. He couldn't wait to find out what this mythical tea art was.

"Herba allows a person to combine various herbs and plants to create a mixture that can be used to alter the energy field of the body. This allows it to heal, detoxify, and even strengthen."

"Wow, that's amazing!" Lixin said excitedly.

Peter nodded, puffing out his chest. "It is indeed amazing," he said with a proud smile on his face. "As gratitude, the monk taught my ancestor the secrets of Herba and bestowed upon him a book containing all his knowledge. This book was passed down through generations."

Lixin gaped in astonishment. "Do you practice it yourself?" 

"Yes," Peter answered with a nod. "I have used it to help the people of this town for years."

Confusion crossed Lixin's face as he recalled his Persona studying herbs and working at the tea shop with Peter. However, he didn't remember seeing the man helping anyone during the cutscene.

As if sensing his confusion, Peter said, "I'm sorry for hiding it from you but the family rule states that unless it's for a good reason I’m not allowed to let others know about Herba. Even the people I help just think that the tea I make just has medical properties.”

“It’s okay Peter I understand.”

“I appreciate that,” Peter replied with a soft smile. “However, I wish I could have told you about it sooner. If I did, you would have been more prepared.”

"Do you think it will really help me become stronger?" Lixin asked. Although the tea art sounded cool it seemed like it only contained supportive skills and not defensive ones.

"Herba has two sides, Dexatrim and Atropa. Dexatrim is harmless and is the one that is used by our family. Atropa however is a different story; it has the potential to become a dangerous weapon against others. To use the tea style, however, a conduit is required. I have only seen it in pictures until now."

Following Peter's gaze Lixin saw that he was looking at the hand chain in the chest. Understanding lit his eyes he finally realized why the man said that his Persona's father knew him well.

"I guess my father must have anticipated this," Lixin said with admiration. Honestly, he couldn't believe how detailed this game was.

Peter said fondly, "Yes, he was always careful, never leaving a detail unturned."

[Cora:] [Quest completed!] 

[Cora:] [You have gained: 20 EXP]

[Cora:] [You have gained: 20 Bronze Coins]

[Cora:] [New Quest has been Created!]

 

Storyline Quest created: The Mystery of the Golden Scale: A Young Koi's Journey.

The Adventure Begins Part 4

Peter has given you information about Herba and its mythical art styles, but you need a conduit to learn Atropa. Fortunately, your father has one ready for you to use.

Objective: Imbue your powers into the bracelet and bind to it

Reward: 30 EXP  & 30 Bronze Coins

Item: Tskhali Bracelet

"So if I master this book I will have enough power to save my father?" Lixin asked, trying to hide his annoyance at all the holographic screens hovering around. 

Peter reached for the hand chain with its glimmering tiny blue crystals hanging from it and placed it gently in Lixin's hands. "Not so fast, young one," Peter replied. "Before you can learn any of the Atropa style skills you need to bind with the conduit."

Lixin ran his fingers over the smooth stones, feeling their energy pulse beneath them. He looked up at Peter with questioning eyes. "How can I do that?"

"You need to imbue it with power."

Lixin stared at the strange bracelet in confusion, his mouth agape. However before he could ask any questions, there was a frantic knock at the door.

Peter raced to answer it, with Lixin trailing behind, out of sight. On the other side of the door, there was a man wearing a gray tunic, looking like he had run a long way.

“There’s trouble at the store, we need you there immediately," he said breathlessly.

“What happened?” Peter asked.

The man shook his head, “No time to explain, I'll tell you on the way. Now hurry up and get your coat! We need to leave.”

Peter nodded and stepped back into the living room to grab his jacket. He glanced over to where Lixin was standing and said, "Fortuitous Fish, I'll be back soon. Keep working to figure out the bracelet. The book is on the shelf in case you do before I get back."

With those words, he ran off with the man in gray following close behind.

~

Five Minutes Later

Lixin was sitting on the sofa wondering what to do. 'Imbue power into the bracelet? What does that even mean?'

Hoping that the quest detail would give him some insight into what he needed to do, he reread it. But it left him as confused as he was previously.

Wondering if the bracelet would give him any clues about what to do, he inspected it. When he saw it in the cut scene he thought it was incredibly beautiful but close up it was even more so. It didn't look like something humans could make.

Ignoring that thought for the moment, Lixin stared at the hand chain, hoping something would pop up now that he was alone. When nothing happened, he moved the quest box back in front of him.

Thinking he missed something, he studied the transparent blue box thoroughly for a few moments. Just as he was about to give up and try something else, he saw a small question mark in the bottom left corner of the screen.

With a swiftness Lixin didn't know he had, he hurried and pressed it. Only to sigh with relief when he saw what it was. 

[Helpful Hint: To imbue power, you need the essence of your nature to ground you while making direct contact with the bracelet for synchronization.]

 'The essence of my nature....' Scratching his chin, Lixin thought of what that could be. 'Duh, I'm a Koi. The essence of my nature would of course be water.'

 

MomoCatt: Here drink this.

Lixin: This is delicious. What is it?

MomoCatt: Dandelion Tea. It helps with water retention.

Lixin: Thanks but I need actual water.

MomoCatt: Oh well, I tried.

 

New Schedule: Sat/Tues/Thurs

For information and other stuff go here: https://linktr.ee/momocatt

or https://discord.gg/m7q7BzRT

If you want to read advanced chapters go here: patreon.com/Momocatt

20