The Captive of the Hearts
175 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“EHHHHH?!”

 

Both Serashael and Ceselea were surprised in sync from the Demon Lord’s words. The Fairy King was surprised as well, only the Queen remained calm in that room. 

 

“What’s so surprising? Don’t you two get along so well?” The Demon Lord asked, his smile showed that he was sincere about it. And from the weight of his words, it was certain that he really meant what he said. 

 

“Not to mention, the two of you know each other’s nations very well at this point.” He was clearly referring to the ‘tour’ that Sera gave in the Demon Lord’s castle, as well as the one that was happening earlier in the day.

So he definitely knows that I was the harpy… Ceselea thought as she stared at Serashael with a soft blush. The demoness reacted the same. Their times together might have been a short one, but it was meaningful for the two of them. And since the two girls were the ones that found each other first, this was nowhere close to an arranged marriage.  In fact, their entire journey together proved that they needed each other in their lives. 

 

“It is my main reason to arrive in the Fairy Kingdom after all this time.” The Demon Lord added further. 

“After all, it is only fitting that both sides of the family are here for the proposal.” Even when he was the one who brought it up, deep down he knew that his daughter would approve of it. 

 

The Demon Lord really meant it when he said that it was the first time he had seen Serashael be that happy with someone else, even when Ceselea was disguised as a harpy. Ever since her mother passed away, the pinkette seemed to be rather reserved in her smile. She was still a friendly demoness who cared about her subordinates but it was done out of professionalism and kind-heartedness instead of affection.

 

“But… I don’t have anything worthy to propose to a fairy princess like her…” Serashael muttered while blushing. She was so used to taking the General position in her Castle that she often played down her own royalty status. Not to mention, with the two being maidens in love, Ceselea would not object even if she was proposed with nothing. 

 

“I have your late mother’s ring with me. It’s the same ring that I used to propose to her, so I am sure it will be fitting.” The Demon Lord handed Serashael a small box with the most beautiful gemstones that the pinkette had ever seen. 

 

Serashael turned around and faced Ceselea who was still blushing madly. The blonde princess knew that the proposal was totally happening, especially when the demoness got on her knees, opened the box and showed the ring to her. 

 

“Ceselea, will you marry me…?” Serashael gathered her courage long enough so that she did not mess this up. Fortunately, the ones in the room were just their parents so it was not so nerve-wracking…

 

“Yes, I will…” Ceselea brought her hand closer to Sera and her ring, as the demoness slid it on the fingers. Soft light surrounded the ring as it was magically resized to fit Ceselea’s finger. 

“It sure fits you perfectly, Ceselea.” Serashael had grown up wanting to wear that ring on her fingers, and yet now she found someone that fit it even better than her. 

All that was left was the marriage ceremony, and they decided to hold it on the same day as the unification of the two Kingdoms. 

 

The celebration was held outside the gate of the Fairy Kingdom, right at the area that used to be the border between the two nations. Even the Human King was invited to observe the matrimony as he was given the first seat row together with the Demon Lord. 

“Never in my mind that  I thought that we would be sitting side by side like this again.” The Human King said with a chuckle, he seemed to be quite pleased with the occasion, as he was reunited with his high school friends. From the looks of it, he seemed to be quite receptive to the whole unification process, as they would start to open for peace talks in the upcoming weeks.

Speaking of, the adventurer was prohibited from coming to the ceremony. The latest rumour was that he was demoted to the rank of bronze adventurer and he could only take low-level gathering quests due to his treatment of the fairies.

 

The marriage ceremony was held by the human priestess as a goodwill from the Human Kingdom. It was certainly her first time leading a marriage between a fairy and a demoness, but she looked quite calm and remained professional in her job as she blessed the two brides and their families.

 

“Do you, Serashael, take Ceselea to be your wedded wife, to cherish through all the love and hardship for the rest of your life?”

“I do.” No hesitation came from the demoness as she had been through all of that with her fairy princess wife, and would be looking forward to a future with her.

 

“Do you, Ceselea, take Serashael to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Promise to love her for better or worse?”
“I do.” Even when she had only known the pink-haired demoness for a while, she had seen her best and worst, and would not hesitate to accompany her throughout the rest of their lives.

 

“Now I bless you as wives. May you both cherish each other for the rest of your lives.” The priestess continued, as Serashael placed another ring for Ceselea. This time, specially made by the Fairy Queen to compliment the shape of Sera’s mother’s ring. Apparently, she knew the lady personally as well as a junior during the academy days.

 

“And now you may kiss the brides.” The marriage ceremony was concluded with the two leaning closer to each other, closing her eyes for the wedding kiss. From that night forth, their lives, family and even kingdom are united as one.

12