Chapter 2 – Waking Up
160 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 – Waking Up

 

If everything when it occupies an equal space is at rest, and if that which is in locomotion is always occupying such a space at any moment, the flying arrow is therefore motionless.[16]

— as recounted by Aristotle, Physics VI:9, 239b5

Source: Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno%27s_paradoxes#Arrow_paradox_(Fletcher's_paradox)

 

I woke up feeling the cool earth on my back cushioned by the green grass. Gazing upwards I averted my eyes as the bright yellow sun was overhead. It felt reminiscent of what earth could have been...

 

As I began to wonder how I would start, something began tugging at my very being (my soul?).

I was shaken out of my body and at that moment it felt as if seeing the whole cosmos. Possibilities seemed to filter through my being and I began to assimilate vast godly knowledge. Eventually this ran its course and I blacked out.

 

When I woke a second time, I spent the rest of the day staring into the distance. I realized that this experience was the ‘tutorial’ and my soul absorbed eons of Erubus’ knowledge of creating. Now I understood what she meant by experience, some of the ideas were to fantastical, creating entire universes with thought.

Just having the knowledge was no substitute for the experience of creating such vast concepts. Here I am in a new world as my canvas… This is the perfect place to begin.

 

Gazing into the distance I could not think where to start...

 

Slowly the moon rose once again. And staring into it I fell into a trance and I started to dream. Universes of diamonds and gold seemed to be lack luster. Something was missing something exciting… A divine spark?

 

When the moon finally set and the sun peaked over the horizon I woke up once again.

 

I resolved to find this spark, I would create life. With this decision I turned my senses to my surroundings.

Everything from the smell of the grass to the earthlike rabbits felt new and refreshing from the city life. Eventually, the day began to end. I decided to sit down in the prairie that I had been walking in. Tonight I would create.

 

I will be updating more frequently. I am currently working on the next two chapters and should release them tomorrow. Pardon the  short chapter and cliff hanger, I wanted to get something posted.

7