67. Acidwire vs Las Noches (2)
441 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Aizen! Ulquiorra! Grimmjow!” I bellowed out, my throat burning.

Aizen reclined upon his rectangular throne, emanating an air of confidence, his trademark smug smile, adorned his face. His gaze locked onto me with interest.

Positioned around him, like a protective shield, stood the eight Espadas, all of them except for Barragan. Their expressions varied, some wearing smirks while others were serious.

They unleashed their spiritual pressures, matching mine, which have gone beyond wild.

The only one who seemed to not feel the tension in the air was Aizen.

“Dear Sora.” His voice rang out. “It appears you have dared to overstep your boundaries this time.”

“Shut up”

I tightened my grip on my zanpakuto. I no longer had any patience left for his long speeches and schemes. The only thing that mattered was to make him suffer.

Aizen's smile waned slightly, his demeanor retaining its composed facade.

“How lowly of you. While I can comprehend your emotional response after seeing your sister injured, your actions have surpassed the boundaries of what is deemed acceptable.”

“Ha!” I scoffed, unwilling to hear any more of his nonsense.

Faster than any of the presents could react, I willed my tail forward. The objects in the edges of my vision became long blurs as I appeared before Ulquiorra and Grimmjow.

Extending my armored hands, I seized their arms with a firm grip, like an eagle would. In one swift move, I dragged them upwards, crashing through the tall roof of Las Noches’ main Castle.

Mid-flight, I abruptly came to a halt.

A satisfying ripping sound echoed out as both of them continued soaring through the air, now missing an arm each.

“Serves you right.” I laughed out.

Looking at the severed and bleeding arms, I sneered.

I didn’t hesitate to flung the dismembered arms high into the air. As they fell through the sky, I gathered a pair of purple Balas in my palms. With precise aim, I launched them, making the flying limbs explode on a show of purple lights.

Not a beat later, the presences of the other six Espadas surrounded me. The increase in their spiritual pressure showed the release of their resurección.

A weight settled upon my shoulder as Harribel pressed her massive cleaver against my neck, threatening to kill me.

“Sora Inoue, you must cease this madness!”

She spoke with an air of calm, yet I sensed a hint of hesitation in her.

I smirked, casting her a sidelong glance. “Why so distant? I thought that I was like part of your family!” I taunted. “Not that I ever believed you.”

And that was true, Mere claims of familial bonds held no weight, it was just a fairy tail, like winning the lottery. A true family is forged through sharing countless moments together.

Something that me and Harribel lacked.

Harribel remained silent, not finding the right words. Her silence was only broken by the lazy voice of Coyote Starrk.

“Forget it, Harribel. This guy is unwilling to reason. Let's just take him down and be done with it. I have no interest in unnecessary fights.”

Starrk’s words seemed to fuel Harribel's determination as her spiritual pressure became even heavier to bear.

Not that I cared.

Before she could truly cut me, I spun my body using my tail as a pivot, extending my hands forward to her open vest.

“You know, I always wanted to do this ever since the day we met.” I smirked, fondling her breasts with my hands. “It’s a shame that I was unable to do it under better circumstances.”

Harribel's eyes narrowed as she swiftly pulled away from my touch. I allowed it with a knowing smile, feeling my ego satisfied by breaking her usual character.

Her voice turned cold and sharp as she addressed me.

“Insolent fool.” She hissed with disdain. “You dare to defile me?”

Her water-based spiritual energy surged around her, forming a protective barrier as she distanced herself from me.

“Do not mistake my silence for weakness” She warned. "You will pay for your disrespect, Sora Inoue."

It seemed my acting had worked, I had attacked her strong sense of self-respect and the high standards she held for herself.

Now she would keep her distance, leaving me free to deal with the other Espadas. That way, I would ensure her safety as I winded up.

“Oh! I must say, we arrived just in time, Captain Aizen.”

Suddenly, Gin Ichimaru’s mocking voice pierced the tension from my right side.

“I had expected better from all of you.” Aizen’s voice echoed. “I expected you guys to defeat Sora Inoue by now.”

His words seemed to move into action the Espadas, as they quickly formed a circle around me. Even the injured Ulquiorra and Grimmjow, now in their resurrección form surrounded me.

With such encirclement, closing off any possible escape routes, they appeared to have left me without options.

But little did they know, I had a trump card up my sleeve.

Fixing my gaze upon the approaching Shinigami, a devious smile crept across my face.

“Did you truly believe that all I desired was better armor from the Hogyoku, Aizen?”

As the words hung in the air, roars reverberated through Las Noches. Fifty portals opened in the sky as my puppets entered into action.
—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit of a show of power. The MC is going to blast the castle to the ground.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omake: Saved

Luppi Antenor slowly regained consciousness, his immaculate hair ruined by the sand.

“Seriously! The nerve of that guy.” Luppi complained. “To think he would attack like that.”

Luppi looked down and tried to brush off the sand from his clothes, though the effort seemed futile.

Letting out a resigned sigh, he was ready to go back and mock Charlotte’s bachelor status when the air trembled.

Looking up, he saw the Espadas fighting off Acidwire, who was easily overpowering Harribel.

“Damn, that guy took it easy on me.” Luppi murmured, adjusting his collar as he wiped away a bead of sweat.

Just as he contemplated joining the fray, his attention was captured by fifty portals opening in the sky.

A mischievous grin spread across Luppi's face as he shamelessly declared. “Ah, poor Charlotte must be feeling quite lonely. I suppose I'll keep him company.”

15