77. Eerie smile(2)
430 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The air crackled with an immense dark aura crashing against my golden one.

“Minatsuki”

Unohana declared darkly, proceeding to cut her hand alongside the edge of her long blade.

At that moment, I couldn’t help but notice how our Zanpakutos looked almost the same, long and thin.

Fortunately, I didn’t have the time to ponder such things as the blade of her Zanpakutō liquefied into a thick, viscous, blood-like substance.

At the same time, the blood-like substance appeared around us, only skirting around my scorching golden spiritual energy.

Finally, once the majority of the liquid flowed off the Zanpakutō, the remainder solidified into another katana.

“You and your Zanpakuto are quite the dramatic duo, aren't you?” I remarked with a hint of amusement, matching her eerie smile with one of my own.

Unohana raised her gaze from her Zanpakuto to meet my eyes, her eyes betraying no hesitation.

“A true warrior requires no words!” She asserted, holding her zanpakuto with one hand on the blade and the other on the handle.

Anticipating her next move, I strengthened my legs using my spiritual pressure and shot forward.

My Zanpakuto clashed against hers with a resounding clash of metal, her eyes never stopping gazing at mine.

The force sent us back, our feet dragging across the white sand as we regained our balance.

Immediately, Unohana swiftly swung her Zanpakuto, forming dozens of blood-like Zanpakutos from the liquid on the floor.

The newly formed weapons shot toward me.

Reacting swiftly, I swung my free hand, shielding myself with my disassembled floating tail armor.

A huge splash-like sound echoed as the swords dissolved into liquid upon contact with my shields.

Without losing a second, I willed my scattered armor pieces to surge forward.

With a slicing sound, they accelerated, encircling Unohana in a swift maneuver.

Unohana countered with a flick of her hand, conjuring another wave of blood swords that acted as a defensive shield against my assault.

My armor pieces, being blocked, rebounded back with a thumping sound before sinking into her pool of blood-like substance.

“Faster!” I bellowed, appearing before her in an instant thanks to my Sonido technique.

Recalling the techniques granted to me by the Hogyoku, I swung my Zanpakuto, attempting to deceive her with a feint.

I feigned to aim for a direct strike just above her heart, only to change the rotation of my attack to slash at her face.

However, she seemed to have predicted this as she easily parried my attack.

Without a change in her eerie smile, she retaliated with another wave of blood blades, poised to strike my open sides.

“Shit!” I cursed, leaping backward to create distance and evade her incoming attack. "You're as cunning as I had imagined!"

She responded with a knowing look before spreading out her hands. This allowed her body to gain momentum and started rotating.

As she did this, she formed countless blood swords, which made it hard to discern her position. But, by using my much stronger spiritual pressure, I nullified each of them, turning them back into liquid.

Then, I launched myself forward, intercepting her tornado-like assault head-on.

This forced her to retreat back with light steps.

A hauntingly melodic voice resonated from her as she started to laugh softly.

“You truly are the most formidable opponent I've encountered, surpassing even that man.” She declared with a soft voice, her eerie smile plastered on her face.

“And indeed, you are faster and stronger than me.” Unohana remarked, her voice tinged with a hint of disappointment. “However, your hesitation to hurt me and your lack of true understanding in sword techniques leave much to be desired.”

She brought her hand up, wiping away a tear from her cheek.

The small droplet fell into the red liquid around her, echoing through the white desert.

That sound made me recall something. Her words held a measure of truth. I lacked the centuries of training and experience that she possessed, relying instead on second-hand knowledge.

But so what?

At the end of the day, my strength surpassed hers by far.

Things like feelings had never stopped me, otherwise I would have died back when I first entered Hueco Mundo and faced this frightening place.

“I see.” I replied, casting a brief glance at the crimson liquid pooling around me. “Then, let me please you with true strength!”

In an instant, I surged with both of my energies, filling every fiber of my being with an overwhelming force.

My body swelled with immense power as I prepared to unleash a formidable onslaught upon her.

Love or not, I had no time to waste.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: We finally get to see the true power of Renato/Sora

7