chapter 2
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let me ask you a question.

what happens when a person who committed crime meets a person whose main goal is to survive?

well

the good gets rid of the evil. right?

hard work defeats talented young masters . right?

secret origin gives the power to defeat talented and monstrous people . right?

one of the main reason why I loved this book was because , everything felt original.

how?. even though it was a munchkin. The protagonist also failed some times . it was not just a cycle of encountering evil and defeating it .

few villain even had reasons to become evil. some were due to circumstances. some were due to the pure instinct for survival.

everyone had a story to tell. none of them became evil because of fun nor enjoyment.

then is the MC just punishing people unfairly?

no .

This Bastard only deals with the people who deals with the people who he deemed to be not repenting.

like people who didn't feel guilty about their actions and people who purposefully targets him.

one of the biggest character switch in living beings are the fact, beings with emotion can feel guilty.

everyone talks about being depressed or angry .

no body talks about being guilty.

sometimes people are angry at themselves  due to the accumulated guilt .

Guilt causes a person to reconsider his upcoming action in the future .

and A person with no guilt simply continues to do what he likes.

The confrontation between Lucas and MC is a bit different .

The MC tried to show affection to Lucas. Thinking he could change Lucas

At first , Lucas immediately became the innocent and pure boy he was before shit went down.

But soon enormous guilt seeped into him.  He thought about the Life he ruined.

He thought himself as a a Being not worthy of living.

This is the point we see Lucas actually using his powers.

his power, let's say his gift was he could drink the blood of anyone . but such a trait did not come without a price.

the price is Blood is the only substance that can properly sustain.

not consuming blood would cause him to become weaker and weak.

the reason Lucas was so weak because unlike other vampires, his actual life energy is from blood.

unlike his family who could get energy from normal food , Lucas couldn't.

Lucas was barely getting enough energy.

and when he lost his rationality and become a vampire attacking everybody and squeezing out whatever blood he could, 

That moment , when he had his first drop of blood . It was the blood of The MC

It was similar to the moment when a person eats his favorite thing .

unlike a normal person. Lucas became Blood thirsty.

Thirsty to the point no amount of blood could satisfy him.

The Mc thought Lucas as someone to be saved not punished.

But to save others , instead of killing him, The MC broke every bone of Lucas.

When Lucas regains his sanity and realized the carnage he caused , He simply took a knife and killed himself.

that was the end of Lucas and First failure of the MC.

When Lucas stabbed himself , He , in a very long time, smiled.

enough flashback.

during this time The MC would have been already contacted by the duke .

and in the upcoming dinner today he would reveal the news about the MC. 

Haa, I think this will be the only time I would be looking forward to meeting that family.

***

Today the Duke asked the chief , to add a another chair and cook like a grand fest for today's dinner

I didn't know what is going on but I'm sure there is an important guest is coming here.

It was time for dinner everyone was here except Young master Lucas. 

even his absence was suffocating ever since today morning.

-my family, today is an very important day for us.

The Duke smiled as he announced.

-today we are being joined by a new family member.

the entire family reacted as if they were expecting this.

soon a young man walked into the dining hall.

-His name is Raphael. and henceforth Raphael Rhoden

He was tall and had a impressive aura.

His eyes were glowing like the ocean. He looked more like the Duke family than a certain someone did.

-sit. Raphael, make yourself home.

The Duke smiling as if Raphael was actually his own son.

-Haa 

A Tired sigh came for the door

-What a warm event.

There stood a handsome teen with the blackest hair, which was almost bewitching everyone.

His black eyes glowed red.

He walked and sat down in the seat and spoke.

-hey brother, let get along. since we are going to do many things from now on.

His smile looked like a angel in the churches. but his eyes as dead as it could get. these two together made a unknown needle stabbing my heart.

***

Hmm

Raphael looked more like the son of the Duke than me.

The book never mentioned about the parents of Raphael.

It only said that Raphael was the child of a vampire and a angel.

Seeing him real and up-close. I realized one thing 

'either one of his parents must have belonged to the duke's family'

The book also never mentioned about the reason The Duke adopted Raphael.

other characters thought that The Duke wanted to monopolize Raphael's strength to The Rhoden.

'The reason should either be that The Duke is Raphael's father or The Duke know the vampire parent of Raphael'

The first theory shouldn't be true due to the fact the Duke can drink the Blood of my mother.

either way the appearance of Raphael and unexplainable affection the Duke is showing confirmed one thing.

the Rhoden blood flows through Raphael.

but despite everything , I'm still the elder brother.

which means The duke needs eliminate me in order to actually do something .

In the book , The Duke tries to get rid of Lucas by asking them to fight in order to decide the Heir

But Raphael backed down thinking he would anger Lucas. Raphael was actually the only one who spoke with Lucas after everything and tried to love him as a family. He knew about the circumstance surrounding Lucas and therefore showed some understanding towards him thinking he could be saved.

'would you look at that. a person who would love me as a family'

it is new and kind of nice. but.

'I could literally leave this family this second and just go ahead and kill myself'

But if I were to leave this family , I would be ina unsafe position.

This poison known family is going to be my shield.

My wish is to live until 35 and die before 40.

My Dream was also dying in old age without any pain nor regret.

to achieve that I need some sort guarantee that I live until I become 40.

and the only way is to do that is to actively involve in the story.

I need to help Raphael, so He can take care of the problems.

The Dinner had a sour mood due to my earlier remarks

-Lucas, What is this behavior?

Whoa what a change. There was not a trace of emotion as He was looking at me.

Well, There is nothing I can say.

-ahhhhh, I'm so sorry.

Why does my face doesn't change into any sort expression.

even though my tone was apolegetic, I tried to make my face a sad one but it was stil a stoic

'wouldn't they think that I'm joking ?

-How strong are you?...Brother

Trying to change the topic , I talked with Raphael.

-...

-he is stronger than you . that I'm sure.

My actual brother, Peter sneered at me. Looking at him , He didn't hate me.

In my previous world, due to the bullying I received from my close friends, I developed a keen sense to see what kind of intention people came to me

His face was reminding me the time I was buying a Burger at a Fast Food Place

There was a Duo of sibling ordering before me.

The younger brother would always talk smack about his brother. and the Elder would simply sigh and smack slightly his head.

even though it seemed like they didn't like each other. the atmosphere around was that of family. a warm and relaxing feeling of love

Peter's face reminded Me of that memory for some reason. 

A Smile formed on my face.

-W-what I didn't say anything wrong did I?

aww look at this cute guy.

-nothing. anyway how strong are you?

-Stronger than everybody except The Duke.

The atmosphere heated up. The people working in The Duke's household are people who specifically trained to be stranger than most knights . His words made a couple of maids glaring at him.

'but he is not lying, isn't he ?'

'In the future if Raphael really wanted go on a rampage , there is only a handful of people who are capable of controlling him , but even they cannot defeat.''

-then would you like to be me?

-what

***

Raphael was bewildered at the moment.

'wasn't he supposed to be a arrogant and jealous person ?'

-what do you mean by you.

Lucas's face was still the same stoic expression. His silence made everybody nervous.

-would you like to be the Heir?

-Ha

The Duke scoffed at Lucas.

-you want to give up your title? you, who crippled people simply because they were happy?

-is there anything weird about me in doing that?

The Duke realized it at this moment.

'He is changed. I was originally planning to make Raphael fight against him and somehow eliminate him but to think he himself would give up'

-Tell me the reason

The Duke Focused his killing intent towards. except The Duke, Lucas and Raphael, everybody groaned as their blood curled.

-Oh Duke Why do you need to go this far ? the Reason is much more simpler than you realize.

Lucas spoke in a playful tone but his eyes were completely glowing in a red color. he looked like demon overlooking the cattle

-It is because

Lucas paused and looked around.

-I don't care about this family nor anyone here . This Title as the Heir is the only thing which would connect me to this façade known family.

Lucas ,at this, looked much more dangerous than The Duke. a unknown power was releasing out of him. This power created a terrifying feeling of helplessness .

'Death'

It was the feeling of death.

Nobody knew how Lucas had this kind of power.

-It would be the last worthless thing I would want from a family like this.

The Lucas People knew was a weak and pathetic fool.

One may think He is speaking out of rage and loneliness

but Only people inside the dining hall know, He spoke as if he was quitting a boring job

His tone was still as playful as ever but his eyes looked like a black diamond .

His eyes which looked like a dull black stain . now regained all it's former luster and looked like black diamonds

what he said next was even more shocking.

-do you really think....

Those words , no one knew what it would be but it more than they could already take.

0