Chapter 3
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-do you really think I wouldn't suspect it?.

Lucas laughed as if he found the whole situation ridiculous .

Despite the commotion, The Duke remained silent.

-...

Lucas looked at Raphael.

-and now I see this.

Lucas now doubted Book.

'the book never explained any thing from other's perspective. Lucas must have figured this in the book. That would explain his behavior. Hmm. Should I discard everything I know from the book '

Lucas smirked.

'the reason The Duke had brought Raphael would be that Raphael might have been a suitable heir with the rhoden blood .

-Duke.

Lucas looked at The Duke. in a really vicious manner.

-am I really a member of this family ?

'the only way for me to live a peaceful and boring life is to get out of this family'

The Duke opened his mouth.

-you are a member of this family.

'what'

-if you really wanted to know about yourself . come to my room later. we will have a talk between a father and son.

'ha. a father and son'

Lucas openly scoffed.

'What a father you are.'

While Lucas never knew the feeling of being loved by a parent. he knew a thing or two from his past life.  He felt the hint of Fatherhood from a man, he would never forget.

The mood was sour . and face of one particular individual was visibly depressed. It was Stacy. Lucas's mother.

Raphael watched everything with a stoic expression.

'I thought Lucas would try to fight me . but now , the title has come on its own'

Raphael and Lucas were the only two members who had a happy mood.

...

'first in the dog biting world, it doesn't matter what or who I am. My only goal is to die a painless death at a suitable age'

Lucas currently walking towards The Duke's room.

'for that I need to involve in the story and be strong.'

Lucas read those novel with a character getting transported to a novel he read. .

'it was really a popular troupe , frequently used. '

Even though the trend was repeated.

'only the opening was common between those novel. everything about the actual story was unique'

Lucas smirked as he mused.

Lucas stood infront of a bright red door. it was shining even in the night.

'ooh he really is an vampire'

Lucas was still uncomfortable with accepting his new reality.

knock knock.

-may I come in?

The door opened on its own.

from the deep corner of the room came a voice so sorrowful and lonely.

-Lucas.

Lucas felt goosebumps at the voice. even for Lucas who lived a extreme life, this voice was making him uncomfortable.

There stood a man and a woman both with their hands intertwined. It was Lucas's mother .

-Lucas. Hmm even your name is a bit ..... why did I never thought about it.

Lucas stood as still as the oldest tree in the world.

-You are curious about your birth, right?

Lucas felt goosebumps in his soul. literally 

-you are curious about who you are .

This sentence felt like it was aimed at the Lucas of the previous world. it was not directed towards Lucas of the novel.

-even I'm a little unsure about everything. 

This time it was Stacy who was speaking. her left which was embracing the hand of Duke was slowly reaching towards Lucas.

-are you really my son? but

'what kind of face it that'

Lucas's mother. that's right . she seemed like Lucas's mother for a first time. her face which was smiling showed a face with a overflowing love and motherhood that no one can imagine.

-I still remember these innocent black eyes looking at me .still untainted, untouched by this world. during your birth. I never knew a person could feel such strong emotions for someone they just met. 

'then why did-'

-but why I'm like this? why this family is like this towards you ?

Lucas felt warm . He remembered this forgotten feeling . It was a mystery how he could feel the emotion but could never remember the associated memory. He thought he had some disease of Forgetting memories frequently. he thought it was normal until when he had forgotten to save his one and only lover to a monster. for a teenage boy who had been already deprived of everything, she was the sun to him.

-On that day when you were born, you immediately bit me and everyone in the room that day.

'did Lucas went to a blood thirsty frenzy on the day of death'

-while you were growing up, your father realized it . you are a vampire who can suck multiple people's blood. but not just anyone. it was people who you have a bit of affection. You will only bring harm to anyone you love or even go as far like

-you knew.

It was a miniscule voice. It was similar to a sound of a door opening. A small tiny voice escaped Lucas's mouth.

In his previous world.

Lucas was a empathetic person while being the most rational person. despite whatever happened, he understood the tragedy of being human. It was for that reason he could never bring himself to hate others for his circumstances. he was more soft-hearted than one might think. 

'ooh what he must have felt'

The reason he loved reading books was to experience the emotions he couldn't feel due to his sorrowful and empty life.

-you knew about it and ..

Lucas felt his stomach turning . His limbs becoming weak. he felt something choking. making him silent

He, who was able to feel emotion from a mere sentence was experiencing in reality

-

The duke who was silent , spoke.

-you are someone who can not be in love. rather you should not

'what'

Lucas still couldn't speak .

-You can drink the blood anyone yes, but your strength is the destruction from the love you have for living. 

The duke throwed a glass on the wall in a fit of anger.

-your pure love , nobody can withstand the intensity of it. on the day you were born, I had bring the entire knight division of our family to stop a mere baby from biting others. other than your mother everybody died without even being able to fight back.

0