Chapter 2
2k 7 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Finally, civilization”

It only took me about two days to reach what could be described as a town. I never thought that it would take more than one day to get here. Though, when I think about it, it’s obvious that a group of bandits won’t set their hunting ground near a town.

Regardless, I can finally take a rest. I think it’s because I’m not a human, but ever since I was transported here, I don’t really need any rest. But even still, I need to rest my tired soul. 

Entering the town isn’t that hard, all I need is to show my face and pay 2 silver for two. I grabbed the money from the bandits I killed, which doesn’t have a lot means that they must’ve stored the rest someplace else, possibly their hideout. Not that I know where it is. I should’ve let one live. I’m now aware that I need more experience in battle.


As soon as I got in a lot of passerby is looking at me- well, us. The same thing happened before I was sent here, back when I was still a man. I don’t know why, but seems like I am prone to gather attention. I mean, compared to my childhood friend, my looks is quite average in my opinion. 

I mean, he is so popular that I wonder why he hangs out with a game addict like me, especially since he has his own harem.

Also, for some reason, I can never get along with those girls. It’s like they have some sort of grudge against me. Although we can hardly get along, we still considered ourselves friends.


Anyway, first things first, find someplace to stay. It wouldn’t be funny if I ended up sleeping outside. Luckily though I don’t need to sleep.


After a few minutes of searching, I finally found a somewhat decent place to stay.


"Black Diamond Inn"

The inn itself is pretty average. Let’s just hope that it’s not full.

Immediately as I entered, what I saw as I entered was an empty lobby. The inside is clean, evident that the staff is very diligent.

“Welcome to Black Diamond Inn, how may I help you?” ~???

What greeted me was a girl around 15 years old wearing a black robe. She has long black hair and black eyes.

“Excuse me, I- we would like to book a room” ~Nero

“Certainly, for how long would you like to stay?” ~???

“How much is it for one night?” ~Nero

“That would be 5 copper” ~???

“Then for 5 nights please” ~Nero

“Certainly, that would be 2 silver and 5 copper” ~???

I handed to her 3 silver and in turn, she gave me 5 copper for the change. From that exchange, I now know that 1 silver is worth 10 copper.

“Thank you for your patronage, here’s your key, the room number is 23” ~???

“Thank you, um—“ ~Nero

“My apologies, let me introduce myself. My name is Yuuki” ~Yuuki

“Ah yes, my name is Nero” ~Nero

“And my name is Weiss” ~Weiss

(...Nero, Weiss...that name...could it be?...) ~Yuuki

Yuuki is muttering something, but I couldn’t hear her.

“Is something wrong?” ~Nero

“...no. Nothing’s wrong. Please enjoy your stay” ~Yuuki

““Thank you”” ~Nero&Weiss

After that I immediately go straight to my room. After I entered, I take off the armor I was wearing and immediately flop onto the bed.

““Fuwaaaaaah”” ~Nero&Weiss

Finally. A good night sleep, even though it’s still day time. Both of my consciousness immediately drifted into dream land. 

___________________________________

—Meanwhile in the lobby—

(Hmm. Never thought to ended up meeting with the Demon sword and the Holy shield after all this time) ~Yuuki

In the lobby, the girl named Yuuki muttered to herself. It was evident that she knew the two’s identities. 

(That goddess, what is she thinking. Bringing more people to this world. Will something happen in the future?) ~Yuuki

In truth, Yuuki is not actually her name, at least, it’s not the name she was assigned as in this world.

(In any case, if they want to, I could help them get back home if they ask) ~Yuuki

Her identity is none other than ‘DeathScythe’, DHO’s 2nd rank player. She is an automata who wields a scythe, just like in her name. Her main play style is to weaken her opponent while strengthening herself, and engage in high speed attacks. 

(After all, this planet is not that far away from earth) ~Yuuki

___________________________________

Arestle. A world just like earth, with the same mass. 

Not many people know this, but there are actually 11 planets orbiting earth’s sun. Arestle is one of such planet, with the same orbit as earth. 

Just like earth, the planet has many countries and communities. Every country has their own heroes. 

Heroes are warriors chosen by gods to protect their respective countries. They have no affiliation, and only answers to their gods. Their duty is to pass judgment onto mortals. If a hero were to stray from their path, then judgement will be pass down to them all the same. 

However, there is a country that no longer has a hero. The country is called the ‘Krista Kingdom’. Their hero has long passed away and currently has no replacement.

That is. until today. 

—Krista Kingdom—

“Are you certain of this prophecy?” ~???

In the throne room of the castle, sitting on the throne itself is none other than the king of Krista himself, King Albert Krista. 

“Yes. The priestess’s foresight is never wrong” ~???

The one answering the king’s question is the bishop of the Arestia religion, Foss Weighthart.

“I see” ~Albert

“Yes. In 3 years from now, the demon lord shall revive and bring calamity to this world. And once he revives, he will no doubt targets this country first, since it is the same country that defeated him all those years ago” ~Foss

King Albert ponders for a second before he came to a decision. 

“Very well then. I shall declare that this country commence the summoning of heroes” ~Albert 

The summoning of heroes, otherwise known as hero summoning, is a magic ritual used once every 60 years to summon a hero from another world. 

And today, that ritual is activated 100 years after the last one was commenced. 

29