Chapter 1
2.7k 11 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

““Argh!!!?!””

It hurts!!!

My head feels like it’s splitting. What happened?

The last thing I remembered was coming home from school. I remembered that my classmates invited me to hang out after school. I refused because it was the last day of the special event in DHO and I still haven’t achieved the conditions for the special ranking price. It’s because I was so busy with school that I haven’t played much games. 

The next thing I knew my vision was getting darker, and I woke up with this painful headache. 

After 5 minutes of pain, my mind suddenly cleared up as if the pain was all a lie. I got up to check the condition of my body only to be dumbfounded by what happened. 

First of all, where am I?

Second of all, my body feels different. 

And third, my bodies feel different. 

““Huh…?””

Two confused voices resounded, and I knew that both came from me. I’m already confused that I have two voices, and I’m even more confused that both my voice is feminine. It’s already obvious, but it seems that I have two bodies now and both of them are female. 

I stand up and tried keep my balance from controlling two bodies, which is easy thanks to my ability to multitask. After I stood up, I get to look at myself, well my selves, and the surrounding. 

One body is a female somewhere between 17 to 18 years old with long black hair tied in a ponytail. She wears an all black armor with a black and red mantle. 

The other is a female one year younger than the former, with short white hair. She is wearing an all white armor with white and blue mantle. 

The former has red eyes while the latter has blue eyes. 

Wait a moment, I know those characters. They are the characters I played in DHO in two different accounts. The one with black hair is Nero, while the one with white hair is Weiss. 

Well, I kind of know what’s happening. It seems that I somehow ended up inside my character in the game, moreover both of them. Is the headache from before because of my mind being shared into two characters?

More importantly, it seems I’m currently inside a forest. It’s kind of odd how in most light novels have their characters woke up inside forests. Then again, the fact that they ended up inside a forest means that the odds of having transported inside a forest is higher than outside. If not then they might suddenly ended up in the middle of the city. 

Well then, first of all is knowing exactly what kind of circumstances I’m in. It’s true that I am currently inside my game characters, but it doesn’t mean I ended up in another world. Because I’m inside a forest, I don’t what era I’m in. Even if I’m at the medieval ages, for all I know I might’ve travelled back in time. 

That’s why I need to find civilization fast. Luckily, living weapons only needs mana to survive. 

Mana is the purest form of energy in the atmosphere, the variation of it is holy energy, and demonic energy. At least that’s what the game lore said. 

And so I begin walking through the forest until I found civilization. 

During the walk, I tried to familiarize myself with my bodies. Considering my character is designed for combat, I need the ability to act accordingly. Especially when I have the advantage of having two bodies. 

After 30 minutes of walking, I immediately sensed a presence, probably because of the ability of my bodies. Immediately after, 10 people showed up. All of them are wearing dirty leather armor. Although they are dirty, the reason for the filth is probably to disguise themselves in the forest. 

“Well, well. What do we have here?”

“Looks like a couple of female knights are carelessly wandering around in the woods”

They started talking, just like a typical bandit. While they’re busy talking, I am getting ready for combat. Weiss will act as a shield and Nero will do the attacking from behind Weiss. 

“Woah there, let’s not do anything hasty”

“That’s right, just give us all your belongings and maybe we will let you live”

“Yeah, while we’re at it, why don’t you play with us as well”

““Gyahahahaha””

They all started laughing at me preparing for battle. After all, I am outnumbered 10 to 1. And they also finished surrounding me. Well then—

“Sorry, but I’m not gonna comply” ~Nero

“And I’m not gonna waste an opportunity to test my ability here” ~Weiss

Not bad for my first ever conversation using two bodies. Although, I should’ve used the pronoun we instead of I. I just hope nobody noticed that. 

“Heh. Test your ability you say, some confidence you have being outnumbered”

“Well, you never know until you tried” ~Nero

After saying that, the Bandits immediately closes in slowly, evident of their wariness. It seems that they are still cautious even when they have the advantage. Well that kind of thing is normal during combat. 

I meanwhile change my position. Both Nero and Weiss goes back to back. Nero does an overhead guard position with the longsword, while Weiss is doing a guard position of herself using a shield. Since Weiss wasn’t equipped with a weapon, all she can do is hold back the enemy while Nero does all the damage. 

From what I can see, the bandits doesn’t have much armor which makes it easier to attack. And so after the bandits was close to 2 meter, they began their attack. 

Six bandits attack Nero and Weiss from both side simultaneously. 

While the three that attacked Weiss is easy to defend (easy being relative considering it’s an attack from three sides still), it’s not as easy with defending with a sword. And so Nero is forced to go in the attack. 

Nero swing the sword drawing a figure ∞ continuesly, allowing both defending and attacking. After the third swing, Nero finally lands a hit on a bandits left shoulder. 

“Gyaaah!!”

He immediately fell due to the pain. At least one is out of commission, 9 to go. Without stopping my swing’s momentum, I aimed for one of the bandits neck. 

“Guha!!!”

2 down. 

The other bandit tried to take a chance and attack but but I blocked it, then went for the strike, cutting his face in. 

“Argh!!!”

3 down

Meanwhile, on Weiss’s side. The back and forth attack and defense is still ongoing. Occasionally, I would push the opponent with my shield, and immediately went to defense again for another strike. With this opportunity I (Nero) thrusts with my sword the right cover of Weiss and pierces a bandit in the throat. 

“Gah!!!”

And I spin to the other side of Weiss, decapitating another bandit with a huge swing. 

5 down. Only halfway there. 

In response, three more bandits attacked Nero’s side and one more joined Weiss’s side. This time, they are more vigilant. 

Well then, it’s time to test that. 

After making the decision, Nero’s body started glowing. Then it transforms into a sword just like the one she was carrying, but longer and sharper. The sword (Nero) was then grabbed and equipped by Weiss in her right hand. 

With a longer weapon, I also gained more concentration since now I only need to control one body. With that, defeating the rest of the bandits is a lot easier. And thus, the attack of the bandits was over in my victory. I also made sure that all of them are dead. After the adrenaline rush is over, my heart immediately started skyrocketing. For my first ever real life combat, I did just fine. 

I didn’t get away with a perfect victory, since occasionally a bandit or two managed to get a hit in me. Luckily though, my characters are equipped in armor so nothing bad happened. After this I need to review my fighting methods more. And so I continued my journey. 

38