Chapter 4
2.1k 21 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“H-huh? Where is this?”

My name is Masayoshi Akatsuki, and right now I’m very confused. 

I was just an ordinary high school boy, but right now I’m in what looks like an old medieval styled tower. 

It all started earlier today.

After school ended, I was going to invite my friends to hang out. Unfortunately, my only male friend is busy playing games, so he can’t come with us. If I remembered correctly, he said something about a limited time special event or something. 

Anyway, right now I’m the only male surrounded by three females. If I was a normal male, this would be paradise. But unfortunately, non of these girls are to my taste. It’s not like they’re not beautiful, in fact I’m pretty sure that they are pretty famous in school. However, my preferences are flat chests. It’s not like I don’t like big breasts, but I preferred flat chests more. Of course, I’m not talking about lolis, I’m not a pervert. 

Anyway, we were just hanging out after the midterm test was over. We were about to go to a local dojo to do some swordsmanship. There’s an official name for something like this, like HEMA, or kendo, or fencing, etc. but we like to call it just swordsmanship, because we don’t have any designated rules for it. Sometimes, it doesn’t even involved any swords either. We just called it that because we mostly used swords. 

The owner of the dojo is really nice. He let us do anything, as long as we paid. The dojo even has weapons that aren’t swords, neither is it Japanese.

Anyway, we usually ‘play’ around and work up a sweat, but today was different.

Right when we were finished choosing our weapons, something glowed underneath our feet. If I’m not mistaken, it looks like a magic circle. The circle swallows up the four of us and the next thing we knew, we were in this medieval like place. 

“Welcome, heroes, to our world Arestle. We hereby requests for your aid” ~Celest

“Huh?” ~Akatsuki

Then suddenly, this person spoke to us. Now that I noticed, there’s a bunch of people in this room wearing a fantasy like clothing. I say fantasy, because they don’t look like medieval clothes, although there are some similarities. 

Judging from the atmosphere, this must be one of those right? Those stories where the protagonist is transported to another world. 

“What do you mean by requesting our aid?” ~???

While I was thinking, it seems like Mizuki asked this person who seems to be the representative of their group.

“It is a long story. But first, let us introduce ourselves. My name is Celest Krista, first princess of the Kingdom of Krista, pleasure to meet you” ~Celest

“Ah, yes. My name is Masayoshi Akatsuki, Masayoshi is my family name, nice to meet you” ~ Akatsuki

“My name is Aoi Mizuki, Aoi is my family name, nice to meet you” ~Mizuki

“My name is Tachibana Midori, my family name is Tachibana. Nice to meet you” ~Midori

“...Natsuki” ~Natsuki

““...””

Silence spreads across the room. Nonono, Natsuki, your habit is really bothersome to the atmosphere. 

(Hey, Natsuki, what about your family name) ~Akatsuki

I whispered this to Natsuki. 

“Nn. I’m Honjo Natsuki” ~Natsuki

““...””

“Ahem. Anyway, you’re saying something about requesting our aid?” ~Mizuki

“Ah yes, all will be answered shortly. In the meantime, let us quickly change location. This place is not suitable for this kind of exchange” ~Celest

She said that and immediately leads us to a different room. Though, I think I could somewhat guess what the content of the discussion about. 

___________________________________

“Hmm” ~Nero

“Hmm” ~Weiss

Despite the ruckus we made in the bath, I was pretty refreshed. It certainly has nothing to do with being surrounded by naked women. It has nothing to do with that, it’s important, so I said it twice. 

Anyway, right now I’m in front of the bath house waiting for Yuuki. 

“Ah, sorry for making you guys wait” ~Yuuki

“Oh, it’s okay” ~Nero

“Anyway, I can somewhat guess that you don’t have a job?” ~Yuuki

“Eh? How did you know?” ~Nero

“Call it intuition” ~Yuuki

According to Yuuki, there is something like a mercenary guild in this world. They are a guild that were setup to hire mercenaries to do manual labor. The job could vary from doing chores, gathering materials, and hunting wild animals and monsters. Also, apparently there are monsters in this world. I haven’t encountered one yet, the closest thing to a monster is probably the bandits I killed. 

Well since it’s a dangerous job, not many people became a mercenary. Though, not few people wouldn’t not became a mercenary. This is probably because hunters has a diverse set of job. So, someone in need of money, could just get an easy job depending on their talent. Even then, people will mostly volunteered to become soldiers if they want a stable job. It’s because being a soldier has a stable income, and the men can show off their manliness in the war. 

Of course, I would choose to be a mercenary instead. Mostly because I don’t like the idea of being a soldier. I saw a training program for soldiers back in my world, and it’s nothing but torture. I’m sure that it’s all to build character and discipline, but I have a weak heart, so I don’t want to do it. School is basically already a military in itself, and nowadays the rules is gradually being more lenient, but even then it’s still strict. So no, I think I’ll just stick to being a mercenary. 

I’ll register later, after I get back to the inn and equipped my armor. 

A few minutes later, after I equipped my armors, I am currently standing in front of the mercenary guild. 

I’m a little nervous, going in and registering to be something you never experienced is frightening. Just like a job interview. But soon I muster my courage and went inside. 

The guild itself is pretty clean. It looks like your typical adventurer guild I read in novels, it has the lobby, the bar and everything. Though, the mercenaries themselves was almost absent, probably out on their jobs.

After looking around, I spotted an unoccupied counter with a female receptionist. I immediately went into that direction. 

“Welcome, how may I help you?” ~???

“Yes. We would like to register as a mercenary” ~Nero

The receptionist looks at the both of us and nodded. 

“Certainly, please fill in this form. If there are any questions, fill free to ask” ~???

“Okay” ~Nero

The receptionist gave me two sheets of paper. The part we need to fill in is only name, gender, age, and talent. It seems that I don’t need to mention my race. Also, for some reason, I could understand the language that is used here. I didn’t noticed this before, but I’ve been talking to these people as if they were talking in my native language. 

Anyway, filling in my form and submitting it, the receptionist handed me two iron tags (one for each of us). 

The tags showed the rank of a mercenary, and you can increase it after you gained some achievements. 

“Well then, as this is your first time as a mercenary, you are obliged to do this preliminary quest” ~???

“Do we have to?” ~Nero

“Yes, considering you are well equipped, I presumed that you are here to do work that involves combat. Or am I wrong?” ~???

“No. You’re right” ~Nero

“Then you are obligated to do it. Since we wouldn’t know the level of your competence otherwise” ~???

The quest the receptionist gave me is wolf hunting. Hunt a pack of wolves located near a village 5 hours from here, and bring back their pelt. 

Well then no time like the present, I immediately head out to my first quest. 

___________________________________

Meanwhile in the Kingdom of Krista. 

“So you’re saying that we need to defeat this demon lord that will appear in 3 years?” ~Akatsuki

“Yes, that is correct” ~Celest

I knew it, it is as I have expected. Right now, we are in a meeting room, and the only one present other than the four of us is Celest.

“Stop joking around! Are you saying we need to be here for three years?” ~Mizuki

“...” ~Celest

“Even so, do you even have any idea on how to bring us back?” ~Mizuki

“... my apologies, but the summoning can only be done one way. I have no idea how to send you back. But, I’m sure that one of my connection have an idea” ~Celest

“And who is this connection of yours?” ~Mizuki

“It is none other than the sage of time, lady DeathScythe. I’m sure she has a way to send you back” ~Celest

(What kind of sage named herself DeathScythe?) ~Akatsuki

“And where is this sage of time?” ~Mizuki

“Unfortunately, she is currently unreachable, but we know where she is. She is currently in the country of Spherite” ~Celest

“I see. Then, what do you want us to do in the span of three years?” ~Akatsuki

“I want you to train yourself for the upcoming battle. Of course, we will provide you with all your necessities” ~Celest

“I see. Then that brings us to our next question” ~Akatsuki

“...?” ~Celest

“Why in the world did our hair colors changed?” ~Midori

Yes. Our hair colors changed from our usual black color. I now have red hair, Mizuki has blue hair, Midori has green hair, and Natsuki has blonde hair. 

“Although I’m not quite sure myself, I presumed that it has to do with the power that was bestowed upon you during the summoning” ~Celest 

“Powers?” ~Akatsuki

“Yes. Every heroes have special powers. We wouldn’t just summon any random civilian to fight in a war” ~Celest 

“I see” ~Akatsuki

But aren’t we just a civilian ourselves? I mean, sure we might know how to fight, but other than that, we are still normal civilian. 

“If you did not believed me, then see for yourself” ~Celest 

Celest brings out a tablet. It’s a tablet. The one you can find in a modern era. Though, I’m sure that it has something to do with magic. 

“This tablet has the ability to appraise and record someone’s abilities” ~Celest 

Saying so, she instructed us to place our hands on the tablet one by one. Then the screen shines and displays our status. 

=========

Soul ID: T13008776543

Name: Akatsuki Masayoshi

Gender: Male

Race: Human

Title: Hero

Abilities: Holy Weapons summon (0/2), Holy magic, Fire magic

=========

Soul ID: T13008777853

Name: Mizuki Aoi

Gender: Female

Race: Human

Title: Hero

Abilities: Holy spear, Holy magic, Water magic

=========

Soul ID: T13008775442

Name: Midori Tachibana

Gender: Female 

Race: Human

Title: Hero 

Abilities: Holy bow, Holy magic, Wind magic

=========

Soul ID: T13008776500

Name: Natsuki Honjo

Gender: Female 

Race: Human 

Title: Hero 

Abilities: Holy dagger, Holy magic, Earth magic

=========

With this, I guess we are heroes now. 

31