The Pawn
65 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Pawn

Angelica Knowles, daughter of Patrick and Melissa Knowles. A supreme beauty few dare approach. A wallflower with an icy demeanor that has declined all suitors. That is whom I am known as. Slight problem: I’m a puppet.

Now some might assume I’m simply referring to how my parents have arranged my entire life, or how I have no real freedom to decide my future or even my present. No, I’m referring to the fact that my body is made of wax and wood. My parents have thus far been entirely unsuccessful in having children, and employed secret magics to create me. 

My life so far, has been rather uneventful. I simply do as I’m told. However, I’ve begun to worry. The problem is that I’m actually thinking. When this began I didn’t think. I simply did as I was told. However, pretending to be a real child meant taking lessons and learning to read and answer questions. Over time, I’ve begun to think for myself, and the lessons I took on magic were pretty clear that this wasn’t supposed to be possible without the use of forbidden black magic.

As I become closer to the real thing, my parents seem to be happier. That also worries me. I was created for them. Obviously I’m going to keep doing things that make them happy. Yet, this is dangerous. If I am a person and not just an animated doll, then that would be evidence of grave crimes.

***Author Note***

Premise inspired by seeing a title: The Villainess Is a Marionette
The story with that title has absolutely nothing in common with this premise. 

To turn this into an actual story, I'd need to come up with a setting and plot. For now this is just a silly character idea: A creation of magic, pondering the fact that it's not supposed to be capable of pondering.

4