That wasn’t the plan
111 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Okay, the plan is to incite a rebellion with a speech in the town center at the end of the play our expert performer friends put on. That will ensure a large audience to sway with my Commanding Voice skill. Next, we’ll arm them, and lead them to the city gates to force them to stay open as our prince’s forces are led in so we can lead an assault on the castle. I’ll sneak in during this to open up the castle gates, and should have them open by the time you reach the castle gates with the army.”

---

One play and speech later:

“You’re right! You’re exactly right! All those reasons, all those mistakes, you’re right! I shouldn’t be king! You should be king!”

And thus, the King crowned the young man whom had been trying to incite a rebellion, and made him the new king, and the crowd cheered.

“What? I’m not supposed to be king! I was trying to help the third prince become king!”

“You’re clearly more deserving! You’re the one who clearly identified all my mistakes and pointed them out, not him!”

“What are you even doing here?”

“Watching a wonderful play, incognito of course. I do still have my guards. I hope you don’t mind if I keep them, they’re the ones I trust most. You should find some guards of your own.”

***Author Note***

Inspired by: Capable MC but can't handle their own OP?

Also inspired by (warning TV tropes link): Gone Horribly Right

3