Chapter 3 The Smiling, Proud Wonderer
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon arriving in "The Smiling, Proud Wanderer" world, Chen Ang didn't rush to Huashan, one of the Five Mountains Sword Sects renowned for its mastery in swordplay and internal force cultivation. Instead, he disguised himself as a barefoot doctor, traversing towards Mount Heng, one of the Five Sacred Mountains and a significant gathering place for martial artists from various sects and disciplines across Jiang Hu.

As he spent time within Mount Heng's martial community, Chen Ang's experiences unveiled the vibrant tapestry of Jiang Hu. Jiang Hu, often referred to as the martial arts world, is a vast interconnected society encompassing martial artists, sects, mercenaries, and diverse factions. It operates by its unique set of rules, codes of conduct, and complex social hierarchies, where reputations are highly esteemed and martial prowess holds significant value.

Huashan, the prestigious sect where disciples seek to master the art of swordplay, stands as a beacon of swordsmanship within Jiang Hu. Its skilled martial artists and profound internal force cultivation techniques make it an influential force among the Five Mountains Sword Sects.

Meanwhile, Mount Heng serves as a hub where martial artists congregate to exchange knowledge, spar, and challenge each other, representing the convergence of diverse martial arts practices and philosophies.

Chen Ang was attempting to engage with martial artists. After a month, he amassed countless cuts and wounds, providing him not only with ample data on internal force samples but also earning him a degree of recognition in Jiang Hu.

His exceptional surgical skills, particularly demonstrated a month ago when he successfully operated on a child poisoned by a laparotomy, led to his sudden fame, earning him the nickname "Sai Huayu" in Jiang Hu, a situation that left Chen Ang somewhat torn between laughter and tears.

One day, while correcting a man's bone misalignment caused by foreign martial arts practice, Chen Ang observed the man's knotted bones with a furrowed brow. "There's no proper external martial arts method, and I still can't discern it fully. However, prolonged practice without the proper techniques will lead to abnormal body development. You've learned a few incomplete methods lacking the core venting method."

Stepping back and assuming an unusual posture that stretched his body, Chen Ang instructed the man, "Learn this position!" The man struggled to mimic the posture, his muscles contorting with the effort, enduring the pain as he observed Chen Ang attentively.

Suddenly, without warning, Chen Ang swiftly struck the man with a lightning-fast punch, catching him off guard. He delivered a forceful blow to the man's abdomen, causing him to double over in agony, then followed it up with another blow to his back. Despite the pain, the man continued to struggle, crying out, but Chen Ang persisted, stepping forward and firmly grabbing his neck, causing tears to stream down the man's face.

Just as the man was attempting to rise, he noticed something peculiar – his once stiff and rigid body seemed to have vanished entirely. Before he could process this realization, Chen Ang swiftly landed a kick on his face, feeling a slight release of tension. The man understood that Chen Ang's punches had somehow released the stiffness in his bones.

"This is amazing! Incredible!" The man, now relieved of his stiffness, delightedly cried out, willingly offering his body for Chen Ang's punches, concerned that he wasn't being hit hard enough. Seeing his cooperation, Chen Ang continued to use his fists on the man's body.

Though Chen Ang had various targets for practice, there was nothing better than a readily available living target. Raising his hand and executing the Black Tiger stance, he sensed something odd in his muscle movement. Making slight adjustments, he repeated the Black Tiger stance.

With his remarkable ability to learn, Chen Ang absorbed various martial arts methods prevalent in Jiang Hu from a Warrior who had been treating ailments. Yet, the half-hearted demonstrations from Jiang Hu locals offered only limited reference. Ultimately, Chen Ang had to meticulously correct his own mistakes one by one.

In Jiang Hu, no one could match Chen Ang's understanding and sensing abilities. However, during his practice of the Black Tiger boxing method, he initiated changes.

Rather than forcing his muscles to achieve optimal results, he adapted the boxing method to suit himself while retaining the essence of the Black Tiger style. However, during this process, Chen Ang sensed an unusual warmth coursing through his body.

In an all-around boxing method, Chen Ang feels a surge of energy. If only those in martial arts for three or five years could recognize their limitations. The concept of "qi" pertains to the flow of Qi and Blood. The tingling sensation results from the human body's reaction to the movement of Qi and Blood and ultimately manifests physically.

In this regard, no one can rival Chen Ang's complete understanding.

Starting from the initial stages of the boxing method to embodying its essence, Chen Ang needed only half the time. Now, he's unrestricted, every strike exuding a gentle vibration. Whenever he lands a blow on the man, he feels the impact, his body responding softly and refreshingly, his excitement soaring.

"It's amazing! So thrilling! Go a little harder!" The big man, though pummeled by Chen Ang, is excited and vocal.

Good grief! Faced with this fanatic! Chen Ang felt a tingling sensation at his spine and dared not escalate. As the man noticed Chen Ang's pause, he quickly stood, grasping his thigh. Awkwardly, Chen Ang kicked him hard, forcing the man to squat against a high wall, a blissful expression on his face before losing consciousness.

Well, he won't be gaining any new attributes while unconscious! Gazing at the flushed-faced man in the corner, Chen Ang felt a sense of disgust. He knew this approach was unnecessary; he opted for acupuncture instead. For a moment, he regretted taking advantage of the opportunity to practice on an unsuspecting target, feeling repulsed instead.

A sweet voice chimed behind him. "Sister Yi Lin, let's change clinics, this doctor is crazy!" Chen Ang turned and saw an eleven-year-old girl in a red skirt gazing at him, her eyes fixed on something peculiar.

This hurt Chen Ang, and he tried to explain, but realized explanations were futile. He turned away indifferently, adopting a cold demeanor.

Qu Feiyan is alive and has already met Yi Lin, likely after Linghu Chong and Tian Boguang were injured. The Liu Zhengfeng family remains, not yet eliminated, but it's a matter of time. (A/N: Plot for the original movie, for those that know)

"What's happening? We sought help for the best medical doctor in Huahuai, but our elder brother, the mountain bandit fox, is unconscious!" the young girl said.

Observing Chen Ang's attire, she clasped her hands eagerly. "Doctor, you need to pay up for such vulgar treatment of your tenant, I know just what you can pay with," she said while smiling devilishly.

Chen Ang recognized her shy innocence and understood her intentions but deliberately questioned: "Oh? Is it to observe the serene view of Guangfaga Temple, under the neon stars while basking naked in its light?"

She blushed deeply upon hearing this, unable to utter a word. Qu Feiyan's response prompted Chen Ang to roll his eyes as she produced a piece of silver. She tossed it in front of Chen Ang. "Initial payment."

Chen Ang entertained a mischievous thought and revealed a larger gold ingot. "Not interested, I'm no peasant."

This angered Qu Feiyan, who brandished a black needle. "That won't stop me!"

Unexpectedly, Chen Ang raised his hand, and a silver light flashed; Qu Feiyan's wrist felt a sting, losing grip of the needle, which fell to the ground. She could distinguish—a hair-thin silver needle was pierced into her wrist hole.

It was an ordinary acupuncture needle, light and flexible. A general practitioner might struggle to penetrate Qu Feiyan's wrist, yet Chen Ang, without coming close, managed to launch the needle, displaying impressive wrist strength and exceptional acupunctural precision.

Qu Feiyan attempted to remove the silver needle, but her right hand failed to move. The needle trembled twice, causing a tingling sensation. With no malicious intent, she felt wronged after such a loss, tears streaming down like broken beads. A mere eleven or twelve years old, she was still a child. Her tearful distress rendered Chen Ang helpless.

"Don't cry! It makes me feel like I'm bullying a little girl. It's alright! I'm sorry!"

Qu Feiyan raised her head, whispering, "You are bullying me!" As she attempted to flee, she stumbled after a couple of steps, collapsing to the ground.

Quickly approaching, Chen Ang removed the silver needle for her. "This needle placement method is my own. Once it's in, without me removing it, you can't move or it'll only intensify. Fortunately, I placed it correctly. If it's a dead spot, in those two steps, you'd fall and be immobilized."

Qu Feiyan found Chen Ang's explanation terrifying, feeling scared, gazing wide-eyed, seeking refuge behind Yi Lin who was watching all along. Poor Chen Ang, who had been a high school loner for half his life in the real world, now trying to intimidate the girl, revealing his inability to handle situations. His intelligence seemed incapable of managing interpersonal dynamics.

1