Chapter 4 Famous Doctor
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Qunyuyuan is a renowned place in Mount Heng, its reputation reaching even Chen Ang in his short stay. It stands as the most famous Prostitute Courtyard in Mount Heng. Tian Boguang, notorious as a rapist, not only resides in this Courtyard but also takes Linghu Chong there.

Only Yi Lin, a young nun deeply devoted to one's beloved, dared to ask Chen Ang for help despite burning with embarrassment.

As Chen Ang entered, he saw a long-faced, youthful man with dashing eyebrows lying on the bed, a cloth wrapped around a chest wound. In Chen Ang's view, the wound, extremely deep, risked endangering the heart if one more inches penetrated.

Smiling, the young man teased Yi Lin, "Instead of calling a doctor, bring me a jug of fine wine, it eases pain!"

"Let's try this approach!" Chen Ang smiled, flicking a silver needle across five major chest cavities, creating a net-like pattern. After a while, Linghu Chong's body was covered in these tiny silver needles, sealing the bloodline and staunching the wound.

"Exceptional medical skill!" Linghu Chong looked up, displaying no signs of sorrow despite the injury. Instead, he was carefree, "Thanks to the doctor's treatment, I'm not afraid of getting scolded for drinking by the boss!"

"You're still welcome to drink with me!" Chen Ang handed Linghu Chong a glass, disregarding Yi Lin's attempt to intervene. "As a doctor, I decide what's best. I'll join him in drinking; you can't stop it!"

Linghu Chong smiled, "This truly is a divine doctor! Knowing I'd drink, you've healed me halfway. Those charlatans often caution against drinking, harming Qi and Blood, but they don't understand some people's constitution is more wine than blood!"

Chen Ang added a powder packet to the wine, stirred, and poured a cup for himself and Linghu Chong. "I've not heard that; I believe drinking is enjoyable!"

"Why did the gentleman pour himself a cup?" Linghu Chong smiled, pointing to his glass.

"Show sincerity to others!"

Hearing this, Linghu Chong raised his glass, sipping the wine. "I see you as a gentleman, not a villain!"

Chen Ang also raised his glass, taking a sip. "I oppose the villain's heart, not the gentleman's belly!" They laughed together, enjoying the conversation over drinks.

Suddenly, a voice outside called, "Yi Lin! Yi Lin!"

Startled, Yi Lin exclaimed, "It's the Master!" She stood up, and Qu Feiyan quickly hushed her, whispering about their situation and remembering there was a stranger present. She hurriedly went to see Chen Ang.

Observing the intense exchange between the two, Chen Ang felt something was amiss. He cleared his throat and said with a smile, "I'm here to treat Brother Linghu; I haven't met the young nun before!"

After a while, Tian Boguang's hearty laughter echoed from the West Room. He sneered at Ding Yi Grandmaster. However, Ding Yi Grandmaster being a monk, Tian Boguang's manner deteriorated. Their argument escalated, causing both to turn blue with anger. Fortunately, Yu Canghai intervened, trying to settle the dispute.

The brawl ensued, but it became an even match, challenging to separate. Suddenly, Liu Zhengfeng's voice sounded, suggesting Tian Boguang's evil nature might bring an unfortunate end. He urged everyone to search the brothel, preventing anyone from leaving.

As the commotion grew louder, Yi Lin's anxiety in the room increased. The approaching footsteps signaled trouble, but upon glancing at Yi Lin's worried face, Chen Ang pointed to the nearby cabinet, urging, "Hide in there; I won't let them in."

Yi Lin still had an idea. She was pulled by Qu Feiyan and tucked into the cabinet. Outside, the room's candlelight was noticed, and a group of people shouted, "Search in there!" They swarmed in.

With a loud bang, the door burst open. Leading the way was Hong Renxiong, a disciple from the Sichuan Sect. He saw Linghu Chong seated there and, as if witnessing a ghost, appeared utterly bewildered, which left Chen Ang feeling perplexed.

Though Chen Ang's viewing of "The Smiling, Proud Wanderer" was distant, he was unaware that, in everyone's eyes, Linghu Chong had already been slain by Luo Renjie. Was this now happening in sequence? Wasn't it like a ghost?

A short figure in a green robe emerged and sternly asked, "Which of you is Linghu Chong?"

Chen Ang, after glancing at the figure, sighed, "It's alarming to witness children indulging in the Prostitute Courtyard; their parents deserve a thrashing!" Linghu Chong heard this, chuckled, but still worried: If Brother Chen lacks martial arts, and if Yu Canghai gets into trouble, what then? Nevertheless, it's a matter of life; that's all.

Yu Canghai, infuriated as a sect master, upon being spoken to in such a manner, raised his hand, an azure light emitting from a flying cone. The cone shot toward Chen Ang in a split second.

Caught off guard, Linghu Chong could only watch, feeling troubled. Suddenly, he lifted Chen Ang's chair under his feet.

Unexpectedly, Chen Ang stood firm, rooted to the ground. Faced with the approaching cone, he just sneered. As the cone arrived at the doorway, he swiftly raised his hand and pressed it down.

Pa!

The red wooden table was slammed by his palm. A five-inch-long green steel cone was flattened into the table, a feat that amazed everyone. The flying cone was halted mid-air due to his palm force, an awe-inspiring display.

"During the Northern Song Dynasty, the Sichuan Sect of Qingcheng Mountain possessed a unique weapon named 'Lei Gong Bong.' 'Green' represented nine sets within the sect, and 'city' signified eighteen breaks. This flying cone is reminiscent of their style," Chen Ang stated coolly.

Yu Canghai seemed slightly puzzled. These ancient martial arts anecdotes were unknown to anyone outside his Sichuan Sect. Yet, Chen Ang appeared familiar with them, indicating he might have inherited knowledge from the long-established Martial Arts Holy Land. 

"This incident relates to a martial arts legend. During the Northern Song Dynasty, there were two famous heroes, 'Bei Qiaofeng and Nan Murong.' One was genuinely heroic, and the other... Ah! Let's not talk about it!" Chen Ang diverted the topic abruptly. "Nan Murong possessed a mystical technique named 'Fighting to the Stars,' also known as 'Crossing Over and Governing the Body.'"

"That's quite audacious!" Yu Canghai abruptly interjected, unsure whether it was a tactic or a genuine response to Chen Ang's narrative.

Linghu Chong felt puzzled. He couldn't comprehend why Chen Ang referred to ancient news centuries old, but he noticed Chen Ang discussing martial arts from the pile of papers. It felt as if he was witnessing these events firsthand, lending an air of mystery to his opponent.

"Though Nan Murong's martial arts were grand, they led to disaster. Many renowned Jiang Hu masters perished under his techniques, causing turmoil in Jiang Hu..."

"Enough of your nonsense! What does this have to do with my Qingcheng Senior?" Yu Canghai interrupted, his tone sharp.

"Oh! No rush! This Qingcheng Sect master serves merely as a backdrop. One of the famous masters who perished under Nan Murong's techniques was no one significant, but the 'green' experienced nine sets, and 'city' encountered eighteen breaks, yet still gained significant renown!" Chen Ang said with a smile.

"Nonsense!" Furious at how Chen Ang portrayed his Senior, Yu Canghai shouted, his hands swelling, his complexion shifting to a mix of flesh and stone. Though the Sichuan Sect was renowned for the sword, the real skill and unique techniques lay in the fists.

1