Vol 2 Chapter 3 Wizard
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the banks of the great river in Borneo Island, a large silver-white ship lay anchored. Despite the rainy season's icy grip on the river, the ship stood sturdy. Shaman Lang, hauling a branch from the water's edge to the ship's bow, drummed the deck. He carried a basket laden with vines, standing three feet high, housing an assortment of plants and unknown specimens.

Most conspicuous among his cargo was a small silver-white metallic box, cradled carefully in Shaman Lang's hands as he boarded the vessel. The cabin boasted only two rooms, one of which gleamed with an icy metallic sheen.

Pressing his right hand against the door, Shaman Lang was bathed in a sweep of blue light. The door slid open silently, revealing a well-equipped, compact laboratory. Chen Ang stood, examining a slide through a scanning instrument.

In a blue solution before him, a crimson thread traced a peculiar pattern. Shaman Lang cautiously unlocked the white metal box, unveiling several transparent containers holding vibrant tree frogs, venomous snakes, and other unidentified highly toxic creatures.

"Master!" Shaman Lang clasped his hands together, bowing respectfully. "While gathering herbs, I heard nearby natives speak of signs of a struggle in the jungle. It didn't seem to involve a large animal. Upon investigating, I discovered traces of human blood."

"Furthermore, nearby, I found numerous weapons and bullet marks but no evidence of the creatures that attacked these people. Two abandoned ships were located—one that plummeted off a waterfall and another halted near the Holy Land. Could it be the domain of the Dragon King..."

Chen Ang didn't raise his head from the microscope. "Don't concern yourself with that. The Dragon King will manage. Focus on retrieving the witchworm. Once you've recovered the Witchland of Worth Island, safety will be assured."

Chen Ang entered a series of formulas into the database, preparing to send them to the Limitless sixth genetic laboratory. His current focus was on the dynamic relationship between the Blood Orchid and the environment, an analysis pertinent to the medicinal properties of Blood Orchid drugs. Chen Ang himself specialized in Chinese medicine, while the sixth laboratory concentrated on modern genetics.

"Retrieve number eight for me," Chen Ang instructed Shaman Lang.

Shaman Lang carefully opened the adjacent glass cabinet, nervously fetching an ecological box and presenting it to Chen Ang. Within lay a blood-red, thumb-sized tree frog, peacefully crouching. Chen Ang gently touched its belly, causing it to straighten.

Shaman Lang hesitated to underestimate the venom. He had witnessed a two-meter-long crocodile succumb to it in merely three seconds. The tree frog, with its white belly, moved toward Chen Ang. As he stroked it, Chen Ang placed a quarter-drop of Blood Orchid flower solution on the tree frog's abdomen. The blood-red solution melded into its skin, the small creature flipping over, its belly pulsating.

The frog's red back pattern intensified, giving Shaman Lang an eerie sensation. He swiftly pricked his fingers, allowing the tree frog to suckle.

As time passed, Shaman Lang grew paler. He hastily retrieved a foul-smelling pill from his pocket and consumed it. His complexion turned a peculiar shade, darkened by a black miasma. The orifice where the frog had sucked blackened, transferring into a line that entered the frog's body.

"Borneo Island's witchcraft is too rudimentary. Stimulating the body with poison may provide exercise but inflicts violent damage. No wonder your wizards emanate such dark auras; your body's yin circulation is toxic. Shaman Lang, persist in your practice. Your body fluids carry high toxicity, so avoid casual contact with humans."

Shaman Lang bowed respectfully. "Master, our clan's witchcraft inheritance is as such. I only wish for the smooth continuation of our traditions and dare not ask for more."

With a sigh, Chen Ang unfurled the bark totem of the indigenous inheritance and pointed out, "Your ancestors discovered the rainforest's poisons, adapted magically to the Blood Orchid flower, and used this comprehensive reaction to concoct godly elixirs, extending your lifespans."

"But this method is too primitive and crude. I've refined the process using the Middle-earth Miaojiang initiation's scorpion and your tribe's original witchcraft. It enhances the Blood Orchid toxin's purification ability, extending your lifespan by at least five hundred years. In the process, you'll need to ingest some poison, witch medicine, and consume a significant amount of Blood Orchid every seven years."

Shaman Lang puffed out his chest proudly. "I'll visit the Middle-earth Guru's heritage, find a compassionate disciple in Miaojiang for the Guru, and swear to protect the Blood Orchid Holy Land."

"With my token, two snake kings will assist you. You may also select one of the snake groups as your personal witchcraft partner," Chen Ang stated nonchalantly. "The core of witch medicine lies in blood. Be vigilant in safeguarding it. Do not let it surface outside your body. Blood absorption of Blood Orchid and toxins, parasitic in your heart, must be controlled for blood purification and lifespan extension."

"You can wield blood, command poisonous insects, evade and scare off wild jungle beasts. Even in grave injury, you can heal wounds by collecting poisons. If you don't die, you'll survive."

The blood-red poisonous frog unexpectedly leaped into Chen Ang's palm, its golden eyes locking onto Shaman Lang. It then hopped into the blue solution, causing the Blood Orchid flower to swiftly envelop it like it was alive. Chen Ang picked up the gel ball from the solution and handed it to Shaman Lang.

Looking at the crimson sphere and the suspended tree frog, Shaman Lang swallowed it, apprehensively.

His face started turning an odd shade of red, and he felt woozy. Chen Ang waved him away and exited the lab. Such a crucial experimental subject couldn't afford to be disturbed. Shaman Lang staggered onto the deck, his eyes rolling and twitching.

"Help!" Two figures in the distance spotted the ship and ran excitedly towards it. Behind them, a white woman, assisted in walking, approached. A monkey agilely hopped onto the boat, seeing Chen Ang, cleverly crawling towards him and chattering.

"You're quite clever," Chen Ang smiled, patting its head, allowing it to perch on his shoulder.

The two men, the first ones following the ship, urgently appealed to Chen Ang, "Please help, our friend can't walk."

Chen Ang glanced coldly at them and sensed a familiar aura behind him. He sneered. The white man only mentioned his companion's difficulty walking but didn't dare ask for help. Why didn't he dare to help his companion?

The person beside him hesitated momentarily but quickly pleaded for Chen Ang's help. He noticed Shaman Lang's painful convulsions and swiftly pulled out an injection, saying, "Your friend seems bitten by a snake. I have a universal serum; you'll save them, and I'll inject him."

These American explorers seemed oblivious to the potential dangers others faced or were ignorant of why others might be reluctant to aid them. It seemed they believed they brought "civilization" to these lands.

Observing Chen Ang's unwavering stance, glancing back at the swiftly approaching waterline, one of them grew impatient, "Forget them, let's board quickly!"

As Chen Ang remained steadfast, one of them brandished a gun, pointing it at Chen Ang's forehead, speaking coldly, "Give me the key or I'll shoot you!" His companion shouted, "No need for a key; we can launch the captain's room directly."

"Why won't you save your friend?" The man was surprised when Chen Ang addressed him in fluent English.

"Haha! Damn, I didn't expect you to speak English!" The man felt the ship's boards vibrate beneath his feet, exhilarated, his eyes gleaming with cruelty. "Now, I'll count to three, or you jump in on your own, or I'll put bullets in your brain."

He proudly gestured towards the water's surface, his eyes radiating excitement, "Now we've fed the beast!"

"Wait, they seem to be calling for us!" Another person pointed towards the shore.

On the riverbank, the white man and locals who aided the woman shouted excitedly towards the boat. The locals waved their hands, and a faint voice was heard, "Dadar, Hu Kexi! Dadar, Hu Kexi!"

"What does this mean?" The man asked in surprise, and the other replied, "It sounds like they're calling to pick someone up!"

"No!" Shaman Lang, trembling, revealed a strange smile, saying in pain, "Dadar is the spirit of all things, and Hu Kexi represents natural forgiveness."

"What does this mean?" The man asked with interest, moving forward to force Chen Ang towards the river.

"Witcher, forgive!" Shaman Lang smiled, "He's shouting for the wizard to forgive!"

"You..." Before the man could respond, a massive shadow surged up, and the blood-crowned giant snake clamped onto his upper body with a crunching sound of bones breaking.

Far on the riverbank, the locals dropped to the ground excitedly, bowing their heads in reverence.

On the deck, another man stared incredulously at the serpent, the demonic creature sitting docilely at Chen Ang's feet, lifting him high...

0