Chapter 43
262 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The battle was extremely brutal. The warriors drew all their strength and attacked the tide of monsters, not caring about injuries which acted as the perfect counter attack to the beast tide. For a time the warriors even faintly suppressed the beast tide. Driving it back bit by bit, but the ruthless attack by the warriors finally forced the leader of the tide tk appear.

A massive ogre walked out of the tree line. With grey skin and a bulbous frame, carrying a large tree trunk, as if it was a club. The ghastly monster stood taller than any monster around it.

The ogre swung the tree trunk down on the area where the warriors were advancing, not caring about the deaths of the monsters around at all.

The blow caused the ground around the area to shake. Puddles of blood and flesh were all that was left from its barbaric strike.

The warriors were horrified by this new addition to the monster ranks. Regis and the city lord looked at the ogre with solemn expressions.

'No wonder the number of monsters were much larger than normal, they were led by an opal ranked monster' they thought in unison.

They were the two highest level warriors in the city. But they were still weaker than the monster in front of them. The city lord knew that the ogre had to be taken down. The beast tide could be held off by the shield until reinforcements arrived, but if that ogre attacked it. The formation would definitely shatter.

He yelled towards Regis, "That ogre needs to die. No matter what, it can't be allowed to reach the city!"

Regis knew the seriousness of the matter. Eris was in the city, so he would definitely do his best to drag that monster to death with him.

The two looked at each other and nodded, before rushing towards the ogre.

Isla and Sila had no confidence in going back alive, so they also sped towards the ogre. The rest of the strongest warriors had loved ones in the city, they wouldn't allow that monster to break the shield, so they also followed behind.

The loss of strength from the powerful warriors immediately caused the counter-attack to halt, and instead began to crumble to the ever charging tide.

The other gates of the city felt the increase in the amount of monsters, fearing that the northern gate had fallen, they tried to push towards the north.

The opal ranked ogre had grown extremely aggressive from the successive attacks of the warriors. Its terrifying strength and thick flesh were the reasons for its high rank.

The warriors attacked it with everything they had, but the swords couldn't reach deep enough for it to do any significant damage to the gargantuan monster.

Knowing that they'd have to use a more dangerous tactic, Regis and the city lord attacked its head.

The ogre knowing the danger of the two warriors let out a roar that shook the area. Even the city shook under the vibration of its roar.

The monsters hearing the roar pushed forward faster, fear and blood-lust drove the monsters to escape and kill everything in their path, even other monsters.

The line that had been barely holding on, immediately broke. The warriors of the northern gate were swallowed by the tide. Only the few attacking the ogre were left, but even they were barely holding on.

Regis and the city lord attacked the ogres head. It swung its massive arms towards the two of them, trying its best to get a hold of them.

Knowing that it was futile to just slash at its face, the city lord said "Regis, go for its eyes. I'll distract it!".

Regis watched as the city lord threw his sword at the eye of the ogre. Watching the ogre block it and the city lord stop in mid air, the ogres anger had grown too large, focusing on the city lord, the ogre stretched out its hand towards the human warrior that had annoyed it so greatly.

Seeing the city lords plan, Regis waited until the ogre left its eyes unprotected, then rushed straight to the right one as the ogres hand was wrapping around the city lord.

The pain erupted from its right eye, Regis swiped viciously, causing the vitreous liquid to pour out.

The ogre shut its eye to try and stop the pain, but Regis continued to slash around inside, causing the monster to let out another roar.

Isla and Sila saw that they were too weak to hurt it from the outside, seeing the monsters open mouth, the two of them smiled at each other and flashed towards the ogres roaring mouth.

The roar at this close a range, caused their eardrums to rupture. Blood leaking down, but it didn't stop them.

The two of them rushed past the teeth, to the back of the throat slicing everywhere they passed.

They followed the passage down the throat, cutting the lining as they flew down. The two of them knew they couldn't fall into the stomach, so they focused the attack on the lining of the throat.

The ogre was in so much pain it couldn't even stand, falling down, hoping for it to stop, but the three warriors in its body had no intention of ending their onslaught.

Regis continued past the eye, trying to reach its brain, while the twins cut through the throat lining aiming for its heart.

The two pronged attack caused the ogre not to know what to do, it tried to punch and claw at the areas where the pain emanated from.

The magicians in the city watched the struggling ogre finally cease moving. Just laying there silently. The monsters that had been driven by the coercion of the ogre finally regained their senses. Seeing the blood covered, red eyed warriors and soldiers in front of them, the monsters that had been artificially provoked into a beast tide fled back towards the forest.

The ones that continued to attack were cleaned up by the still remaining warriors of the other three gates.

Eris watched the ogres corpse, looking for any movement from her husband. Hoping to see him emerge victorious like he always had before. She looked at the mages of the city and asked in a tone full of threats "The tide is over. Can you lower the shield now?" 

27