Chapter 48
352 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucy saw that they ignored her again, and she felt her teeth were going to be broken from how hard she ground them. She always felt like a clown when trying to annoy the two of them, but she didn't have the ability to beat them, so she could only attack them verbally. But she didn't even dare to say anything blatantly, just in case they became too offended. 

Regardless of how pathetic Lucy was feeling about herself, the twins didn't bother with her. The group had finally arrived to where the three teachers had been waiting. 

Thomas and Regis were talking together, which left Eris to deal with the matters of the convoy. Originally Erin as the senior student with the highest status should have been in charge, but with the seriousness of the situation, the teachers stepped in, which proved to be the right decision. 

Now they need to rush back to the capital, which leaves the senior students with little to do. Many of them have become a little antsy with the amount of danger they've encountered on this trip, and are hoping they can get back to the safety of the academy, or their families. 

Eris asked everyone to pack their things into the many spare carts, which didn't take long. She whispered to Regis that everything was ready. 

Regis quickly ended his conversation with Thomas, the two of them looked towards the crowd of students. 

Regis spoke in his usual loud voice "Since everyone's here, board the carriages and we'll get out of here". 

A resounding "Yes" came from the students, hopping on the carriages familiarly. 

The guards mounted their horses, one after another and the convoy started to set off from the mansion. Slowly passing through the city that looked much more barren then when they arrived. The students inside the carriages felt the desolation. 

Watching the city streets pass by, and the gate of Arqin getting further and further away, the group began their tiresome journey to the capital. 

The next few days were much harsher for both the senior students that had been pampered by their families, and the new students that hadn't yet strengthened themselves with magic or aura. 

The convoy didn't stop to rest, except for an hour every half a day, to allow the horses to graze and sleep. The convoy had to live the same routine as the horses, not daring to stop for long. 

They passed through the only remaining city between Arqin and the capital, without staying for more than a day. Only restocking the supplies that were needed. 

Naturally following this type of routine made both horses and people exhausted, but thankfully, after another week of this arduous travelling, they finally saw the watchtowers of the capitals outer perimeter. 

Coming into view, the watchtowers were connected by walls, bordering the tree line of the forest. Soldiers could be seen manning the walls in large numbers, their rigid and disciplined stance adding an extra sense of awe to the new students who had only ever heard about the capital. 

After registering at the outer perimeter, the convoy was allowed to pass. When opening the gates, it was as if those who were there for the first time, had walked into another world. 

Fields almost as far as the eyes could see, flourishing full of half grown wheat, not yet showing its mature yellow colour. 

The convoy continued past the fields that went on for what seemed like forever. It wasn't until something broke into their field of vision that the scenery changed, and an even more miraculous image appeared in front of them. 

Isla and Sila were finally taken aback by the tower. That's what they guessed it was. Roughly it held the shape of a tower, but if someone was to look closely, they'd find that these were small individual buildings that revolved slowly around a central beam of light. The buildings were not attached to anything, only floating, but none of them ever touched. 

If it wasn't for another wall to block the bottom half of the tower, the twins would never have stopped looking at it so quickly. 

This time the wall they arrived at could rival Etrida's, standing at a monolithic height, which made Isla and Sila wonder how tall the floating tower must be, to appear above it. 

The check passed as smoothly as before, but this time they weren't greeted by fields, but by long, well kept streets. Bustling full of people, and otherwise. All races walked through the streets of the capital, without distinction. 

The new students looked furtively at the different races. Dwarves and beastmen. Reptilian, mammalian, avian types. Showing their own races distinctive traits. But they walked through the streets without fear. And none of the humans on the streets looked at them differently. 

It can be seen that the capital, at least, shows little discrimination against the other races. This was the first time Isla and Sila had ever seen these races, and they were as curious as the rest of the new students. But they didn't want to arouse any unwanted attention. Who knows if some of the people of other races have some status. It's best to just restrain themselves, to avoid making any unwanted enemies. 

The convoy didn't draw much attention from the crowd, after all, in the capital they're very common. The only reason some turned is because they'd heard the trouble that had happened to the academy, and the carriages that bore the academy's insignia were naturally paid attention to. 

The convoy passed through countless streets, before reaching a large stone gate. Just like the carriage, the gate also had the same insignia. Larsille academy, unlike the monolithic city's Isla and Sila had come across, was far more arrogant. Although not to the point of gaudy, but its wealth was flaunted above board. 

When the iron gates bearing the academy's insignia opened, the grounds with carefully pruned gardens, and exquisitely maintained decor appeared in everyone's eyes. 

Marble statues, and running fountains were placed along the tiled pathways in all directions. 

Regis and Thomas led the convoy in by horse, relaxed expressions on their faces knowing that the task, although full of troubles, had at least been completed. 

The students had varying opinions, the senior students were glad to be back and couldn't wait to get back to their residences. The new students were full of awe from the bustling capital. Some wanted to go out and explore, others wanted to write back to their families, explaining what they had seen. 

Isla and Sila just wanted a place to themselves, to try and rest from this exhausting trip. Unlike the innocent curiosity of their peers, they knew that the real excitement was about to begin. When all the new recruits showed up, then everyone would find out the status difference between the different talent levels. The two are certain that everyone will not be as jovial by then. 

22