Chapter 49
292 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Regis had to go to the headmaster to explain the matter this time. Even if the academy was already aware. He still had to follow the regulations. He asked Thomas to deal with the new students, then turned to Eris and said "Darling, why don't you go home and rest? We've been on the move for so long, and it just so happens that we can take the time for the others to get back to relax."

Eris knew that he didn't want her to be scolded by the upper management, wanting to refuse his idea, but seeing his smiling eyes, she knew he wouldn't take no for an answer. Everyone thinks that she has Regis wrapped around her little finger, but only she knows that when it comes to her well being, he is extremely stubborn. She nodded her head, gently caressing his well trained hand with hers.

Feeling his wife's comfort, Regis was in an excellent mood. He looked at Thomas and said "We'll head off first".

Thomas waved his hand impatiently, sick of seeing Regis show off.

After Regis and Eris left, Thomas sent the senior students away. Many of them went to rest, others rushed to receive their rewards, before they contacted their families about their safe arrival in the capital.

Thomas hadn't received the directions for the new students, plus the fact that they were the first team to arrive meant that there would be a certain amount of time before the school allocated them to their respective classes. So he could only send them to the guest area. Telling the servants of the school to provide them with the necessities. Thomas also decided to mentioned seriously "It's best to stay here. Don't wander around. There are many people here that have quite a bit of status, and they may cause trouble to you. The academy may be powerful, but it won't make enemies with noble houses without an equal amount of interests.

Many of you may be unhappy to hear it, but that is the truth. I can at least ensure that none of them will enter this area before the school admissions begin".

When the new students heard what Thomas had said, many of them became angry. Some were upset, others fearful. But only a few remained calm. His eyes wandered over these young people, showing a hint of appreciation. Of course there would be smart people, but to have so many in just one group, he wondered how many would be able to grow to their full potential.

After a few more stern warnings, he left first, allowing them to choose their temporary residences by themselves.

Isla and Sila put away the necessities given by the servants. The two of them separated from the group, not bothering to discuss the reality of the situation with them.

They found a small room, that could only be said to be usable, not wanting to fight over any of the nicer yards. After all, it wasn't just the fringe cities that were recruiting people. Noble families from the inner cities, plus those from the capital itself would also be added. They guessed that the ones from the capital would probably show up the day of. After all, who'd want to come here to suffer with strangers, when they could live well in their own homes?

The few other people that understood the situation, followed the actions of Isla and Sila, choosing the old but usable yards. While Lucy, and even Arthur who had seemed to be calm couldn't help but pick the lavish, well maintained yards.

The next few days proved quite eventful. The other groups that had been delayed by their own problems finally arrived. Countless people began to appear in the guest area. Naturally a lack of yards became a big problem for the groups, and the level of each yard became a huge quarrel for the group of strangers that had only just met.

Lucy being raised pampered and arrogant, naturally would not accept that others would take what was hers. She quarrelled with the people that wanted her to find another place. Arthur on the other hand was trying to maintain a cordial attitude, but his refusal was obvious.

This went on in countless yards, even the few poor yards that the smart people inhabited had trouble. This building resentment obviously peaked before the last group arrived, which led to a fight between the many new students.

There were those that added to the chaos and fuelled the fight, while there were many that wanted to fish in troubled waters. Isla and Sila were very beautiful, many men had seen them, so when the fight broke out, a few disappeared from the crowd and came outside the broken yard.

Seeing other men there, they all unilaterally came to an agreement. Choosing to break in together. Unfortunately for them, their screams were drowned out by the chaos going on in the distance.

Naturally not all women were so lucky as to escape the grasp of those that wanted to do evil things to them. All in all, the chaos that occurred was a devastating blow to the face of the headmaster that had fought for the recruitment of commoners.

After the chaos had been settled, she sat in the meeting room with the other senior members of the academy, her face livid. Some of the people couldn't hide their gloating, others either calm and unaffected, or matching the headmasters expression.

The results were that many people were killed in the fight. With little knowledge in using aura and magic, many couldn't handle the usage well and destroyed themselves and their surroundings. Many women and even a few men had been defiled during the chaos. Numerous injuries, as well as the damage to the guest area resulted in another loss for the academy.

The headmaster could only scold those new students for not understanding the chance they had been given, "What is taking the northern group so long?" she said impatiently.

One of the people sitting at the table responded "We have received news that they've reached the outer wall of the capital. They said they were delayed due to the need to avoid the remnants of the beast tide that fled from Arqin".

"These monsters are becoming more rampant than normal. Is there any news to the cause?" the headmaster asked.

Silence filled the room. She could only sigh, hoping that the academy could have some time to recuperate from the trouble that happened this year. 

21