Chapter 50
288 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Northern group finally reached the academy by midday. Not understanding the tense atmosphere between the other new students. When asking others why, they realised what had gone on only a day prior. 

The new students of the Northern group felt lucky that they avoided this disaster. But repercussions wouldn't be so fair. 

The new recruits were split into groups by their talent levels. The head management not even taking time to come look for talents. After such an embarrassing situation, some people were forced to group with those that they fought with or with their attackers. Which obviously brought the already tense situation to a boiling point. 

Thankfully the students were seperated by sex, so the leering and lustful looks of those men that had escaped punishment wouldn't have to be seen by the girls that had suffered 

Unfortunately for the few men that were victims, their suffering was probably only going to get worse. 

Isla and Sila were still unphased by the situation. As a warning they hung the castrated corpses of the men that broke in from the crumbling courtyard wall. 

The gruesome scene frightened off any ne'er do well's that wanted to come over later. 

This obviously would make enemies, as not all those people were without backgrounds. But luckily they weren't from the capital. Which meant that the two probably wouldn't have to worry about retaliation for a while. 

It also solidified the brutality of the set of unsuspecting twins. Truly fitting of the metaphor that the prettier a woman is, the more ruthless her heart. 

After all, if they had been weaker, then their beauty would only be a curse for them. 

Isla and Sila were among the top of the group for talents. With their near perfect affinity, the academy wouldn't be dissatisfied if they dealt with some people. After all, with that level of affinity, the strength they can achieve will not be low. 

Along with them, there were a total of ten people with some level of perfect affinity. The highest being a woman from the north that actually reached the level of perfect affinity. 

These people were the only ones that the twins would pay attention to. Not only would they be given the best treatment, but they'd also be the few people the academy wished to train for the future. 

The extremely talented commoners that were recruited by Larsille academy before, were all people within the range of perfect affinity. 

Now the academy had ten. How could they not be happy? This revelation even cancelled out the anger the headmaster had for the incident caused earlier. 

Isla looked towards the other eight people, seeing that they all had some level of strength. The girl from the north was even on par with them. A purple gold rank at such a young age shows the exceptional talents of the three of them. 

Isla and Sila were already aware that they had progressed too fast, but they had no choice. They had already been forced into the quagmire from the moment they reached Etrida. 

They could only hope that the nobles that had been looking for them were incompetent, so that they couldn't put the obvious points together. 

But those hopes were obviously shattered by a powerful voice flowing through the air. 

"Prepare the celebration for the welcoming of the princes and princesses of the royal family. 

Prepare the celebration for the welcoming of the sons and daughters of the Drenswick family" The voice relayed the information. 

Isla and Sila looked at each other, sighing how fate always liked to play them for fools. 

Amber, the daughter of the Northern duke, as someone with perfect affinity still showed bewilderment when hearing that these levels of nobles were attending Larsille academy. 

Even though her mother was granted the title of duke, they knew that they were not of the same rank as the Drenswick's who also held the same title. 

The only reason that she would lower her standing to join in this academy is because her mother was a warrior. Even if she was of the diamond rank, she didn't have the knowledge to teach her daughter magic. So she had to send Amber to Larsille as a last resort. 

But now Amber hears that those noble children and royals would lower themselves to attend this academy, she who had always been sharp felt there was something in it. 

As her mind was racing, she just happened to notice the loveless look of the twins standing near her. At first she didn't want to give them a look, the two were lower in talent, although not much on paper. But the difference between near and perfect was not something that could be seen so easily. 

After hearing that they were similar in age, and similar in strength she thought that the two might be children of some strong family. But they turned out to be commoners from a certain village far in the east. 

She originally thought that there were such miracles, where village born girls could have such talents, but now seeing their appearance, she couldn't help but think deeper. 

The convoy of the Royal family appeared first. Carriages pulled by high ranked monsters, domesticated by the royal family's trainers showing off the power of the monarchy. 

The princes rode their own tamed beasts. Lion type monsters with fangs that reached to their lower jaw. A golden coat that couldn't hide the extremely taut muscles, lining the entirety of their agile figures. 

The princes themselves sat atop these magnificent beasts with pride in their aloofness. Keeping their backs straight, and their heads raised. Isla and Sila who had been forced to come with the crowd were growing tired of this show. 

The Drenswicks that followed behind the royal family had the same pompous actions. Riding majestic beasts, pulling extravagant carriages. The only thing that brought the attention of the twins was the hint of similarity in the faces of the men riding the beasts. 

Although not much, probably because of the difference in sex, but who knows how similar they'll look to the women in the carriage. 

Isla and Sila's feigning hopes were completely dashed. They didn't think it was lucky to be apart of this 'great' family, otherwise, why wouldn't their mother go back? She clearly had a reason why she'd rather stay in that dilapidated village, then return and enjoy her noble life. 

20