Chapter 56
267 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The week went on with little change. Isla and Sila didn't care about dealing with others. The two followed their own thoughts, and kept to themselves.

Sin and Sen were waiting for an opportunity to speak with them, but they weren't in any rush. Wanting to show that they had no intention of forcing the two.

With the addition of Sin and Sen, another pair of twins that looked very similar to Isla and Sila, the group came to understand that these unknown twins from a place like Rusvil, were actually Drenswicks.

The gossip rushed through the academy, alerting many that had been paying attention to the two. Lucy as one of them, after the fight between the prospective students, she hadn't had much time to care about those two. She had slowly been healing from the injuries she received.

Now that life was finally getting back on track, she heard that the twins she had looked down on were actually related to one of the two most noble families in the country. She almost fainted from anger, thinking 'Why are those two so lucky?'

Baldwin on the other hand, showed a creepy smile. He thought that those twins would be a good addition to his forces, but now they have the Drenswick family behind them, isn't that just giving him the alliance of the second biggest family? 'Of course they don't have to follow me' he thought sarcastically, 'As long as they don't care about their secret being revealed'.

He wanted to leave them a note, but the academy was very protective of these new talents. Not allowing any outsiders to enter the area. The high security gave him a headache. 'No rush' he thought, 'There's still plenty of time to get in touch'. 

The news obviously reached the noble families in the capital, surprised that the Drenswicks had such powerful descendants. Already in the purple gold rank at just seventeen. There's no telling where those two girls could reach, given time and space to grow. 

Sin and Sen, the other pair of twins from the Drenswick family were one rank lower, in the rank of white gold. Which brought attention to them as well. One set of magicians, one set of warriors. 

The emperor was the most worried by this news. With four young women, all showing great strength, and exceptional talent, while he had one princess he didn't care for, and one son, it was a far cry from the Drenswicks. 

He consulted his grandfather, who had been consolidating his strength of the obsidian rank, saying "Grandfather, what do you think we should do about this?" 

The former emperor, Ardon heard his grandsons worry, but didn't think it was worth the worry. He said impatiently "What are you worrying so much for? Don't you know how the Drenswicks treat the twins born of their family? Don't bother me with these trivialities. As the emperor you should have some confidence in your own decisions". 

The current emperor, Andorin heard his grandfather's scolding. He felt a little morose, but he couldn't deny his grandfather's words. 

The Drenswicks really didn't treat the twins born in their family well. This started from a long time before he was born. 

The female twins seemed to be especially susceptible to a curse placed on the Drenswick family. 

Long ago when the Drenswicks and the royal family had been closer and better connected, the two families were unstoppable. Many rebellions occurred against the two families, trying their best to replace the position of either family. One of these rebellions was a clan of witches that had settled in the fief of the Drenswicks. 

With no opposition, the two families had significant control of the country, which led to pretty severe restrictions and laws installed by the duopoly. These laws were very detrimental to the lifestyle of the witches, which caused great ramifications to the two sides. 

A rebellion broke out, the witches were swift and ruthless in their attack, but the Drenswicks were not weak. Their retaliation was cruel, slaughtering the witches, hunting them down throughout the country. 

Seeing that the rebellion had failed, and their clans were slowly exterminated. The last group of great witches, with the individual powers of the diamond rank, chose to sacrifice themselves to place a curse on the Drenswick family. 

The witches didn't know what curse they had instilled on the family. But after the curse was placed, using the lives of the remaining witches, everything seemed peaceful. 

This was until a set of twins were born to the Drenswick family. A pair of beautiful girls, naturally the family was ecstatic at their birth. The girls grew up pampered and loved. Their talents proved to be great, one a magician and one a warrior. So they were both taught by the ancestors of the family. And they didn't disappoint the ancestors teachings. 

The twins grew stronger and stronger, but the family soon became suspicious. The two started to show signs of erratic behaviour, loss of control, and bouts of madness. The family tried to find people to come and help with identifying the problem. For the longest time they had no news, not until a descendant of the remnants of witches was found, and was forced to tell them that the Drenswick family was cursed. 

The twins had reached the opal rank by that time, and finally lost control. They attacked everyone they saw, like mindless beasts. They didn't care about pain, nor fear. They hunted down friend and family, stranger and foe. It wasn't until the stronger elders, as well as the ancestors came and suppressed them that it finally stopped. 

However the family at the time didn't kill them, instead they sealed them away in the ancestral house. It's rumoured that the first set of twins still lives to this day, their strength has increased to the peak of the diamond rank. So the obsidian rank ancestors guard them in the ancestral land. 

Ever since the Drenswicks have sealed the twins born in the family deep in the fief, for fear that they will grow too strong and attack the family. If it wasn't the final option, they wouldn't have sent Sin and Sen out to try and find the resemblance of the unknown inheritor of the ancestors aura in Etrida. But now the news has reached them, that the inheritors are a set of twin sisters, which has put the elders on edge. 

22