Chapter 57
644 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Twins. Why would the ancestor bless a set of twins?" one of the elders asked in confusion.

The rest of the group were just as flabbergasted. The ancestor in question was present during the times of the first set of twins.

The outside world only has rumours about the curse placed on the Drenswicks. But they are much clearer on the matter. The first set of twins are alive. They've been sealed away in the dungeon of the ancestral house. Guarded by the two obsidian ancestors. Even to this day, their madness has not subsided.

Every bit of sanity disappeared long ago. Now they are nothing more than mindless monsters, only knowing how to kill. The surprising thing however, is that they show not even the slightest ferocity to their twin. They will stay close together without a single noise of complaint. But if another member of their family was to appear, they'd try to tear them apart with no hesitation.

The family has tried to figure out why this phenomenon has occurred, but they've yet to understand. Now the ancestral land holds many pairs of twins, both male and female. Their strength ranging from Platinum to diamond. With the first set the strongest.

The elders and ancestors have had many discussions on whether to kill them, as they are a great threat to the family, but these discussions have all been vetoed, since their strength is not small, and they don't only target their family, but anyone they see. So the family has decided to use them as a berserker force when they're attacked by a powerful opponent in the future, which would most likely be the royal family.

This has left them in a predicament now, because they were hoping to bring in a new addition to their obsidian ranks. But hearing that the inheritors are twins, the discussion has turned to whether they need to be recognised. 

"Even if the royal family get their hands on the two, they don't know very well why we treat our twins like this. At most they've heard that the twins would harm us when reaching a certain strength level. But they don't know that it's not just us they'll hurt, but anyone they see. 

Maybe we should let the royal family take them, then when those girls reach a decent strength, they'll be able to damage the foundation of the royal family" a female elder spoke. 

The others looked thoughtful, but the voice of the great elder appeared, "If that were to happen, they'd only be able to harm the upper ranks of the royal family, before they were killed. Not even touching the most powerful. 

We should still bring them back to the ancestral land, with the blessing of their ancestors, they'll definitely reach the obsidian rank. When they're on the precipice of promoting from diamond to obsidian. Then we should move them to the royal family's fief". 

The elders seemed to be persuaded by the great elders idea. The patriarch seeing that the discussion had come to a close, spoke consciously "Very well, if there is no opposition, then we should take the girls back to the ancestral land. All those in favour raise your hand". 

All of the elders raised their hand in unison. After that a plan was made to send them, as well as Sin and Sen back to the family's land. 

The moment the decision was made, Isla and Sila felt a wave of dread run through their bodies, making them breathless. They looked towards each other, knowing that something bad was going to happen. But they knew they couldn't stop it, this was the clearest feeling their instincts had given them. Which already showed the danger approaching was not something they could deal with. 

Just as they suspected. What was to come, will come. The days afterwards left them muddle headed. Mirabelle had intended to take these girls as her apprentices, but one night, a crack appeared above the academy. 

A powerful force spread throughout the capital alerting the diamond ranks throughout. 

Ardon had already appeared not far from the crack. His eyes firmly on the tear in space, waiting for what was to appear. He had already sent word to the other two obsidian ranks that resided in the fief. 

A sallow and gloomy woman appeared from the crack, followed by many of the Drenswick family's diamond ranks. 

Ardon saw that the situation was not good, but he still said "Old woman, what brought you out of seclusion?" 

The sallow woman spoke, her voice hoarse and gravelly, "Little boy. This is a matter of the Drenswick family. There's no need for you to try and intervene". 

Her eyes unlike her voice, were full of dark, murderous intent. Making Ardon aware that if he even thought about resisting, she'd attack him. 

Even though he was also of the same rank as the woman in front of him. She had been an obsidian magician for thousands of years. Her experience far surpassed him, so he definitely had no chance. But just like the crack that she appeared from, another one opened behind Ardon. 

A tall man in majestic robes, with a beard that reached his waist slowly appeared from the crack, his voice much clearer than the woman's "Erina, don't scare my junior. If you want to face someone, I'll happily oblige you". 

Erina tutted when she saw the visitor, "Arimon, I warn you and your junior not to get involved. This has nothing to do with your family. If you wish to make it ugly, this old lady will accompany you". 

Arimon saw that she was serious, his eyes becoming thoughtful, "There's no need to be so on edge, Erina. Can't we just meet as old friends?" 

Erina's already gloomy face, worsened under the man's words. But then a smile appeared on her face. 

Arimon knew something bad was about to happen. At that moment he and Ardon received a call for help from the fief. The remaining obsidian warrior of the Drenswick family had taken the first set of twin sisters, as well as another batch of diamond and opal rank ancestors, and started attacking the royal family's fief. 

Arimon looked at Erina with seething eyes, but was met only with her drawing her staff out. 

"Since you don't want to listen, Arimon. Then stay here with me" Erina said in a malicious voice. 

How could Arimon bother to waste time with this evil woman. He opened a crack and rushed back to the fief. Only to find that by the time he got there, the Drenswicks had already retreated. Both sides only suffered small injuries. Knowing that they had lured him away from the capital, he swore at the sky. 

Ardon had to watch helplessly as the diamond rank women behind Erina carried away the unconscious sets of twins. She reopened the crack and left with the group, only her gloomy cackling could be heard as the crack closed, and peace returned to the capital. 

25