Chapter 11 – A Strange Offer ( Axel – First Person )
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Osiris was much different from what I had expected. When I think of the God of the Underworld, I would imagine a man with bloodshot eyes, a cruel face and a mad grin, wearing a flowing black robe and judging everyone as evil and throwing them into eternal damnation ( run free my imagination, run free! ) but Osiris was like a sweet, old grandpa with a good sense of humour and an astounding amount of wisdom. 

He was tall and had a kind face with piercing black eyes. He had wrinkles all over his face but despite all that there was something about them, something that was... dangerous. I could not place my finger on it, perhaps it was the fact he was wearing a printed floral Hawaiian shirt which was screaming every single colour known to man along with khaki shorts. 

"So, you managed to slay the Minotaur and that too all alone, really impressive", he looked at me with glistening eyes, just like a proud father.

"Uh...? Thank you, I guess, sir? Nice shirt by the way" It felt really awkward talking to a literal god, how was I supposed to address him?

"Don't be so formal, see me just like your father", he laughed, but he stopped abruptly when he saw the look in my eyes. 

He cautiously spoke again, "I am guessing you didn't have the best of relations with your father?"

I just nodded, I couldn't bring myself to talk about my father, about that... person. I never really thought of him as my father, not after what he had done to my mother and me.

"Don't worry, not everyone has a good relationship with their parents", he smiled sorrowfully, perhaps he was thinking of his own children or his parents I was not really sure.

"So, now I will inform you about the main reason I came to meet you", he turned remotely serious.

He suddenly changed from his floral shirt ( good riddance! ) into a smart black suit. The kind of suit displayed at the mannequins on leading formal clothing brands and had 5 zeroes in the price tag. He also pulled out a projector and laptop from thin air. I guess he was about to do a Powerpoint presentation or something.

"So, today I wanted to introduce you to one of the best offers you can get in this post - apocalyptic world", he smiled at me. He was just like those charismatic salesmen who make you buy their product even if you are hellbent on not doing so but I guess he was forgetting I was an insurance salesman as well or he simply didn't know. Anyway, it was going to take a lot to make me sway.

"Er..." I started. 

"First of all - Immortality!" He pointed out the first perk. I Immediately pulled out my pen.

"Where do I sign?" I asked.

"An eager one aren't you?" He guffawed. He looked at me with appreciation in his eyes.

"You, my boy are going to be the greatest warrior this world is ever going to see". He started to pull out a familiar sheet of paper.

"Wait a minute. Is that... a Contract Sheet?" I asked. He looked up at me in surprise.

"My dear child!" He exclaimed. "You are much more well informed than I would have guessed. Indeed this is a Contract Sheet. That's the main purpose of my visit. To make you form a contract with me". He beamed at me.

"But sir I... I already have formed a contract with a Higher Deity", I stammered and the smile disappeared from Osiris' face faster than lightning and was replaced by a look of rage. I instinctively cowered.

"What did you say?!" He bellowed.

"Sir, I have already formed a contract with a Higher Deity", I repeated. I was afraid that he would blow me into smithereens. 

"But I don't see a sign upon you-" He started. Then he looked closely at me and erupted into peals of laughter.

"So you finally chose an Apprentice for yourself, eh?" He laughed. I was starting to feel that maybe he was mad just like his servant earlier.

"You are right Osiris", the same voice I had heard multiple times earlier spoke. It was the Higher Deity. I looked around, half - expecting him to appear just like Osiris had but still there was no sign of him and come to think of it I didn't even know his name.

"I never thought you would pick a Familiar" Osiris continued, "And you have snapped up one of the best in this system." He chuckled to himself.

"Hmmm, seems like you are right Osiris but why don't you reveal your true intentions now?" The voice of my Higher Deity had changed a bit.

"What do you mean, my dear friend?" Osiris asked in an overtly innocent tone which made even me feel a bit suspicious.

"There's no way you didn't know that this human here was my Apprentice, after all I had hijacked him on the way to the Underworld, am I right?" The Higher Deity said.

A menacing smile crept onto the face of Osiris, his expression completely changed from before.

"Oho, sharp as ever I see", he smirked, "You guessed right my dear friend, I have an offer to place to this human right here".

He turned to me, "My dear Axel, I will place before you my humble preposition, you would at least allow that won't you?" The last part was indicated at my Higher Deity.

He remained silent.

"I'll take that as a yes", said Osiris and turned to me.

"As you know I am the God of the Underworld and I want to give you what your heart desires the most", he said.

My heart started beating faster in anticipation. Was he going to offer what I think he was going to? After all it was in his power.

"I'll bring your mother back to life, in exchange for a small favour - your soul." Osiris said. 

0