Chapter 12 – Divine Punishment ( Axel – First Person )
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My soul?" I asked, my head was in a whirl ever since I heard what Osiris said.

"Yes, your soul and you must remember I am asking for something that is rightfully mine, since you already died once", He said, it made sense when he worded it like that.

"And... what about my mother?" My heart was thumping away in my throat when I asked him this. Was it actually possible to meet my mother again? I had horrific flashbacks to that day. People screaming, firefighters trying to put out the fire, one of them coming over and placing a hand on my shoulder and saying my mother didn't make it. Me looking at him with a blank look before everything blacked out. The next thing I remembered was sitting in a clinic while the doctor asked me questions about how I felt and my childhood. I shook my head to get rid of the incoming trauma.

"There are two ways we can manage that", Osiris said and put a hand to his chin, "You can either unite with her in the Underworld, I'll give you special privileges as my VIP guests of course, and also provide you with safe harbour until the end of Ragnarok. You will have one of the easiest life, or death as you can call it, imaginable." Osiris managed a chuckle.

"And the second method?" I asked cautiously.

He spread his hands towards me, "You form a contract with me, I am sure your benefactor would not force you to uphold your contract if you wish to break it off , in return I will give you and your mother indefinite immortality as well as the power to command an entire army of dead", He grinned at me," And do not forget you can keep on living in this world".

The offer was too good to be true, there has to be some sort of a trap involved and my benefactor had gone completely silent.

"Perfect", I muttered to myself.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Osiris cupped a hand to one of his ear and looked towards me, "I didn't quite catch what you said", he remarked.

I gritted my teeth, I was possibly going to commit the biggest mistake of my life and would perhaps regret it forever, "I would like to hear the terms of contract, please", I added as an afterthought.

Osiris' smile grew even wider, "A wise decision indeed, now I will make you familiar with the terms of my contract" He snapped his fingers and the contract sheet reappeared. He floated it over to me.

I glanced over the terms, it didn't seem that bad, there was no catch in this contract. I looked with disbelief at Osiris.

" So... are you satisfied with the contract", He smiled expectantly at me, "No catch in the contract is there?" I kept on staring at him, something did not seem quite right.

"Well there are no problems with the terms..." I started.

"But...?" Osiris looked on expectantly.

"Something does not feel right about you", I said.

ACTIVATING STEEL HEART

YOU HAVE BEEN CURED OF THE STATUS AILMENT 'MANIPULATION'

"SCOUT!" I yelled, "Activate skill 'One Man Army".

ONE MAN ARMY HAS BEEN ACTIVATED.

ALL YOUR STATS WILL BE INCREASED BY 30 AS LONG AS YOU ARE FIGHTING ALONE

YOU CAN CALL UPON ANY ONE OF THE DEITIES

I pulled out Excalibur and lunged at Osiris, he easily sidestepped, but I had anticipated his movement.

"Distribute 30 points into Agility and the rest into Strength", I commanded.

POINT DISTRIBUTION IS SUCCESSFUL

I felt energy surge through me. I suddenly became more agile and my muscles rippled.

"Call Arthur Of The Legendary Battleground!" I yelled.

YOU HAVE CALLED UPON A DEITY

CONNECTING TO LOWER DEITY - ARTHUR PENDRAGON

I had came across his name in the manual given to me and since I had the Excalibur in my hand it was not a stretch to assume he was one of the deities.

"Oho, what prompted this reaction?" Osiris grimaced, "I thought we were working out a deal" He smiled, "But now you have ruined it", his smile turned into a frown as his attire changed yet again. A large scepter appeared in his hands.

"You were the one trying to manipulate me!" I yelled, "That contract was a fake, you were never going to give me my mother back!".

Osiris flashed an evil grin, "You are a smart one, too smart as you are going to die here", he raised his scepter, immediately the ground started shaking and skeletons started to force their way out of the ground, there were hundreds and thousands of them, the number kept on increasing.

"You should not have messed with the God Of Underworld", Scout said.

"Yeah I know, I am facing the consequences right now, WHERE THE HELL IS ARTHUR?" I screamed, I sounded like a little kid but when you are facing an army of The Dead all the courage drains out of you.

ARTHUR PENDRAGON DID NOT ANSWER YOUR SUMMON.

"WHAT THE HELL!?" That dude left me out to dry. There was possibly no way that I could force my way out of this situation now.

"DIE!" Yelled Osiris.

"Ahhhhh!" I yelped as the Undead started attacking me.

"Scout, activate Battle Mode!" I commanded while cutting off the head of a guy ( I think it was a guy, you can't really tell from a pile of bones ).

"Battle Mode is under cooldown", Scout said.

"Wonderful", I thought to myself. I was now good as dead.

"Help me", I muttered as I cut down more and more of those skeletons, they were not decreasing in number at all.

I was almost resigned to my fate, when the task window pinged an alert.

A HIGHER DEITY HAS HEEDED YOUR CALL

CONNECTING TO HIGHER DEITY - RULER OF TIME

What?! Somebody actually answered my call for help? And an higher deity at that.

A bright light flooded the room, the skeletons chittered in frustration and I felt a familiar feeling seeping through my body.

"Osiris, this time you went too far!", a booming voice echoed across the room, "Cutting me off so you can have my beloved apprentice all for yourself, you dirty, cheating scoundrel", Chills ran down my spine as I realized who was speaking. Osiris looked uncomfortable, as he shuffled around.

"My dear friend, I never intended to do anything of that sort", Osiris replied in an innocent tone.

"DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MANIPULATE ME!" My benefactor roared, Osiris visibly flinched.

"No... I... I didn't try anything of that sort" Osiris stumbled as he took a step backward. Clearly he was terrified of my benefactor, "Please spare me this once, my dear friend," He started pleading.

My benefactor didn't say anything. I couldn't see him just yet, he was covered with a veil of light.

"Very well, since no harm has been done I will let you off just this once," He finally replied.

"Thank you, thank you my friend, I will never forget your benevolence," Osiris started groveling, clearly my Higher Deity was in a different level as compared to him.

My benefactor smirked, "But for the damages you have caused so far a punishment is well deserved", He said.

Osiris stopped smiling and blinked, "Punishment...?" He looked around in surprise.

"Yes", a menace had crept into the voice of my benefactor, "You have been cleared for death penalty!".

Osiris' scream echoed in that dungeon for some minutes before it finally became quiet.

0