Chapter 17 – How to Beat Some Orcs ( Axel – First Person )
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clearing a portal in a different planet was a bit more difficult than I thought it would be. The first problem were my team members, they were barely at the level of D class Hunters back in my world and the second reason were the monsters. They were all B - rank or higher, it was almost like dancing on fate's strings. After talking a bit I found that the man who spoke with me earlier was named Cresswell, he was an experienced veteran in terms of dungeon clearing. After he warmed up to me ( and got over the fact that I was a girl ) he started to speak more amiably with me.

He explained to me the current situation of Yardiana, supposedly they were given multiple warnings and prophesies about the apocalypse or the ' Great Catastrophe ' as they called it. He said that people did not actually pay attention when these warnings were made and went about their daily lives as usual.

But some two months ago, the portals opened up, it was quite similar to the situation back on earth but I realized something was a bit off in this world. They were no status windows available to them.

I even tried showing them mine, but he looked at me like I was a crazy boy ( GIRL!! ) and shook his head, "Are you kidding me right now Axela?" he asked ( not a very innovative name, I know, stop judging me ).

"I cannot see anything", he said. I looked at him closely to find out if he was joking but the expression on his face was completely serious and anyways he wasn't the type to joke in a dungeon.

I concluded that while Earth and Yardiana were almost identical there were some subtle differences, in the way they walked, spoke and even dressed. Yardiana was based on medieval Earth and they were not that much advanced it seemed.

I kept thinking about it even if I was busy saving the asses of the rest of the members. They were more of a liability than help, I guess I should have just attempted the portal alone, but they filled the air with enthusiasm and I felt I was in need of some human contact, even if it was otherworldly. We kept pushing forward but soon ran into a minor problem.

We were almost near the boss room, when I sensed them. An entire pack of A ranked Orcs. I licked my lips in anticipation, it was going to be an EXP feast. Since coming to this world I had gained over 12 levels and my stats had skyrocketed as well

STRENGTH: 120

AGILITY: 180

ENDURANCE: 90

STAMINA: 70

INTELLIGENCE: 50

MAGIX POOINTS: 50

REMAINING POINTS: 160

I grinned at my status window, then I thought, perhaps it would be better to cultivate my non - combat stats next?

"Put 50 points into intelligence and 50 into Magix, Scout", I commanded.

"Point distribution is successful", came the reply. Immediately my senses sharpened, I gasped at the sudden spec change. It felt like I was transforming into an apex predator. An immeasurable amount of energy started to pound near my core. A newfound energy started pouring into me. I formed a fist and grinned, let's see what these new stat boosts could do.

I motioned my teammates to stop, I put my fingers to lips to make them understand that they had to stay silent.

"Scout, activate "Illusion of Shadows"," I said.

"Special Technique 'Illusion of Shadows' activated!" Scout chirped.

I smiled, this was going to be an EXP fest! I dashed forward with my boosted speed onto the group of orcs. They simply stood there surprised, as I cut them down one by one, when they finally came to their senses it was already too late, the increased stat boost to my intelligence helped me see openings that I could never observe before. I jumped onto the shoulder of one of the orcs. He turned around half - dazed as I cut off his head and even before it fell to the ground I had already cut off the heads of two others. It was stupidly easy and I was coasting through but I had spoken too soon, just as I had cut down another one, one of the orcs hit me with his club. It had caught me by surprise, even my improved senses were not able to catch him.

"Higher tier monster Orc Lord detected!" Scout alerted me. I looked at the monster, it was no different from any of the other monsters I had seen before and I could easily have cut him down but my energy was running really low. I had to play my trump card, even if I was saving it for the boss.

"Activate Time Reversal Scout" I said.

"Special Skill: Time Reversal has been activated", he said. I gasped as the energy started flowing through me again. I shot the Orc Lord a wicked grin as I beheaded him with a single slash of my Excalibur.

As soon as the Orc Lord fell, my teammates came out from their hiding place. I didn't notice them because a notification had just popped up.

YOU HAVE SLAIN AN ENTIRE HERD OF MONSTERS ON YOUR OWN

YOU HAVE OBTAINED THE TITLE 'MONSTER SLAYER'

I chuckled and checked the details of the skill.

MONSTER SLAYER - WHEN THE USER BATTLES A CREATURE BELONGING TO ANY OTHER SPECIES THAN THE USER'S THEN THEY WILL BE AFFLICTED BY THE STATUS AILMENT 'FEAR' AND 'PRESURE'.

"Nice", I grinned to myself, my skill self was building up quite fast, now all I needed was a combat skill. I had stat buffs, healing ( time reversal works ), now even stat reductions. All I was missing was a potent attacking spell.

My teammates caught up with me, they started thumping me on my back and congratulated me.

Cresswell came forwards, smiled and said, "Thanks for all your help, I don't know who you are or where you came from, but I know that you are a good girl", man what emotional words. I just nodded and smiled at him.

Just then I heard a terrible growling sound reverberate through the dungeon, I looked at Cresswell, he looked at me.

"The boss", both of us said together.

0