Chapter 18 – How To Be A Genius ( Axel – First Person )
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After all the monsters I had fought, the thought of having to face another boss did not particularly scare me, but if someone had told me that I was about to face an Elite ranked monster I would have thought again.

STEEL HEART ACTIVATED

YOU HAVE BEING CURED OF STATUS AILMENT 'SORROW'

I saw the dead bodies of my teammates lying on the ground, Cresswell was barely holding on, his armour was ripped apart and blood was trickling from his forehead, he was breathing heavily as there was a lack of oxygen in the dungeon, come to think of it I didn't even know if the people on this Earth breathed oxygen, as I had been blessed by a Higher Being, such things didn't particularly bother me.

I turned to the problem at hand. The Elite monster 'Hydra - of the Nine Heads'.

YOU HAVE BEEN AWARDED A SPECIAL QUEST: 'NINE LIVES'

DETAILS: KILL THE ELITE MONSTER HYDRA TO ACHIEVE STAGE 1 OF SWORD MASTERY

REWARDS: UNLOCK SWORD MASTERY AND ADDITIONAL REWARDS

PENALTY UPON FAILURE: YOU WILL PROBABLY DIE ANYWAY. TEHEE :)

I rolled my eyes at the status window, that piece of shit thought it was fun to die? But the thought of the reward made me harden my resolve.

"Scout, check the difficulty of this quest" I said.

"Roger, sir", he remained silent for a few moments before speaking, "Monster difficulty is A tier, but its special ability pushes it to borderline S tier".

I nodded my head, the special ability, of course it was going to be tough. Attempting to cut off a head would only lead to the sprouting of two heads in its place, the Hydra originally had 9 heads, but why was I looking at a monster with... 12 heads?

"FOOLS!" I yelled, everyone almost dropped their weapons in shock, "Do not attempt to cut off its heads!"

Almost all of them looked confused, Cresswell spoke, "What do you mean miss, how are we going to kill it then?" Everyone was looking at me with suspicious glances ( they could not completely take their eyes off the monster ).

"This monster sprouts more heads, the more we cut them off", I tried to make them understand.

The warriors were horror - struck at what I just said. Some of them even dropped their weapons and started to cry. Cresswell turned towards me, I thought he was about to say something inspiring, but what I saw in his eyes, it was something different, it was... malice?

"Now why did you go and do that", he said and threw off his tattered armour. I blinked in confusion, "Do what?", I asked him, I was getting really bad vibes from this guy.

Cresswell turned his sword towards me, "This woman is a traitor!", he flashed an evil grin at me, "Execute her!".

OPPONENT HAS ACTIVATED 'BRAINWASH'

SEVERE BLOODLUST HAS BEEN INDICATED TOWARDS YOU

WARNING! PEOPLE WANT TO MURDER YOU

"Wait!" I said, attempting in vain, to stop my teammates charging towards me. The Hydra was as confused as I was. It retreated and settled down to watch the drama. I rolled my eyes.

"Some help please", I mentally pleaded with it.

"No can do human, defeat them, then we will talk", the Hydra replied to my thoughts. I looked at it, it gave me a small wink. These monsters were all crazy.

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED A SUB - QUEST 'PURGING OF THE TRAITORS'

DETAILS: KILL ALL THE WARRIORS WHO TURNED AGAINST YOU

REWARDS: NONE

PENALTY UPON FAILURE: DEATH

"What an useless quest", I muttered. I readied my sword and said, "If you stand down now, I will spare your lives", the crowd got even more restless when I spoke. I pointed my sword towards Cresswell, "You will be the first to go".

Cresswell smirked and started to laugh, "Hahah- huh?" I swooped towards him and cut off one of his arms.

"ARGHHH!" He screamed in anguish, his face was fixed in a painful snarl.

"YOU BITCH!" He yelled at me, the hatred was overflowing from his eyes, "JUST DIE!!" The crowd took up the battle cry and rushed with even more ferocity towards me.

WARNING! BLOODLUST TOWARDS YOU HAVE INCREASED

YOU ARE UNDER ATTACK

WARNING! DANGEROUS SITUATION.

"Get out of there you dumbass!" Scout yelled in my ear.

"Wait Scout, I have thought of a brilliant plan", I said. Scout snorted, "Idiots cannot think of brilliant plans", he laughed.

I wanted to beat him up so bad.

"Activate Will Of A Hero!", I yelled.

"You have activated Will Of A Hero", Scout droned.

I smirked and raised my sword again towards Cresswell, his eyes showed a different emotion now, it showed fear, "I wanted to question you in detail but for now you have to die", I smiled as I brought down my sword, as soon as he died the effect of the brainwash wore off. The warriors blinked their eyes and looked around in confusion.

I waited for sometime.

I looked at the message before me.

TIME REVERSAL: COOLDOWN COMPLETED ( EFFECT IN PLACE: WILL OF A HERO ).

"Activate Time Reversal on Cresswell, Scout", I said.

"Alright, you psycho", I heard a hint of amusement in his voice.

YOU HAVE ACTIVATED TIME REVERSAL.

I watched as Cresswell came back to life, he gasped for air, his arm was still cut off and he had no more energy to use 'Brainwash'.

"Now, Cresswell, sit tight while I deal with a minor problem" he nodded his head like a terrified puppy, he had also wet his pants.

I left him to ponder upon his fate while I turned.

"I think we have an appointment", I pointed my sword towards the Hydra.

0