Chapter 42 – A Plan for Kana
2.1k 7 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edited by The Darkest Knight#4796

-----------------------------------------------

I guess maybe at first, Ryuju was just happy to see that there was a child who was a friend of his granddaughter who was not afraid of him. He only spoke casually at first before I slowly started changing the conversation between us.

While I might be able to conceal my intentions from Momo, I was pretty sure that Momo's grandfather would easily see through my intentions. Therefore, I was pretty straightforward with him from the start.

I think that's the reason he liked me. Especially when our conversation is sometimes quite serious or something unbelievable would come from a child my age.

Of course, I didn't come every day because I had so many things to do, and it would be rude to come every day. From each meeting, I learned not only about the yakuza but also about the underground world. But one more thing I learned from my conversation with Ryuju-san was how complex the family relationships of the elite families in Japan were.

It helped me a lot when I slowly moved to second and third grade, especially when my family could count as a new, rising wealthy person because of new technologies.

Then a year ago, he started taking me to the dojo and started teaching me martial arts. He seemed to know that I was learning various martial arts elsewhere. Of course, I was just a kid, so he didn't teach me complicated things and usually just the basics. Although in the last few encounters, the martial arts he taught me were getting more and more complex. 

Especially when he saw how quickly I absorbed and learned everything he taught me. In fact, I probably spent more time with Ryuju-san than Momo when visiting her house.

My face was dripping with sweat, my breathing was short and quick, and I was lying so exhausted.

"Hm… Your basic skill is already good." Ryuju said while flashing a satisfied smile. 

"Thanks for the compliment." I replied while continuing to control my breathing.

"So, is there anything you want to ask?" Ryuju asked.

"Well, actually, rather than I want to ask you. Can I ask you a favor?" 

"Hm? What is it?" 

"Well…" 

It would have been easier to make Kana's parents vanish with Ryuju's help. Of course, without me doing anything, Kana's parents would eventually retire. Kana lived in the dormitory after her parents moved to the countryside, away from the luxuries of the city, which was probably a good thing for the obsessed mother. 

At the same time, I did think Kana would experience many bad things and, thanks to that, grow as a person. I wonder if it would be alright for me to change that.

"Hm, so you want me to help you, huh? What do you want me to do with them?" Ryuju asked me as the conversation progressed.

"Hm? Honestly, I still haven't decided what to do with them. However, I want to keep an eye on them and look for their faults that can be exploited." I replied to Ryuju quite honestly. After what happened, I didn't really trust an outsider, and I felt like the Ryuju family was more trustable and dependable.

Of course, there was a chance they may betray me or do a lousy job. However, the security company that I tried to build still lacked members and doing this kind of stuff was still out of reach also. Even though Ryuju's family may be outsiders and have a chance to betray me, at least they still have a sense of family and the like as long as I'm still very beneficial to them and don't betray them first, or I could say we keep aligned with their benefit. I doubt they will betray me. 

"Really, what's the problem with them? If I am not wrong, they are the parents of the fellow actresses you are working with… right?"

"Oh, you know about Arima Kana?"

"Of course, I know about her. Recently, I've started following the news about you after all. Ah, I don't forget about Strawberry Production too. She may not talk to you, but Momo watched those documentaries from Strawberry Production."

"Really?"

"Yeah, and the last episode was quite something else. I have never known about the Internet, but it looks like youngsters these days can use it easily. So I have been ordering the youngsters to tell me about anything they find… And the last time two episodes were all about your story was quite something else. They showed me what people said about controversial stuff in the documentaries like Strawberry Production hyping you too much or trying to exploit you..."

"Ah… That episode, huh… Isn't it a good episode? I made it sound as ridiculous as I could. To create a lot of traffic on the internet after all."

"Haha, yeah. The last episode told us that you make music for a new idol group. It's so unbelievable that people may find those episodes to be comedies. That was quite a fun episode for me."

"Thanks for that…"

"Well, people who didn't know you will find that stuff in the episode difficult to believe. But it's quite believable for me after spending time for the last two years. I wonder how far you will go?"

"I wonder… but at least I want to become the best that I could be…"

"Is that so? Anyway, what will you do about Arima Kana?" 

"Ah… I want you to investigate her parents and find any dirt about them, especially if one of them put their hand on her."

"Oh… Is there anything worth doing this?" Ryuju asked the most important thing about this matter.

"Well… Lately, I heard a bad rumor about her mother. So I worry about her as her friend." I replied, but I didn't think this kind of answer would satisfy the old man in front of me.

"Friend… Huh…” Ryuju replied, half-assed while playing with his bread.

"Yeah, as her friend, I know her talent as an actress is so good. Her job had plummeted because there was a time in the past when she had a bad attitude, and at the same time, Sakurajima Mai rose to prominence. When her job decreased, her mother failed her task by making fuzz on the set and making it harder for both of them." I explained my reasoning to Ryuju, who nodded, but his face was still quite stiff.

"But how do you know about this?"

"Well, it is based on a rumor I heard and my deduction."

"Un, this is quite interesting. But what is the actual point of this…"

"So I highly rate her as an actress, but her mother was awful. But thankfully, she acted as Kana's agent, so Kana didn't have any agency or freelancer. So if we make her mother in such difficulty or make her out of the picture, I can get her to enter my agency." Finally, I finished my explanation.

"Hahaha… That's good. Hahaha… Really! Having a conversation with you is always so surprising. Getting something else while disguising it as helping friends is quite something else. I like it. I will help you with this. This makes me really hope you will become my family's successor." Ryuju said while laughing with satisfaction.

"Sorry, but I will refuse it, and to be honest, making contact with yakuza is usually already bad for an entertainer."

I thought this would be the most appropriate plan to handle Kana's problem. At the same time, I could make her career much better than in the manga.

I can't wait for other episode of Oshi no Ko tomorrow.

----------------------------------------

You can support me in patr*ondotcom/Razack2Ch

You can read early access up to 7 chapter in my patr-eon for now.

----------------------------------------

This Fanfic Update, would be daily at 6 P.M +7GMT.
My fanfic will only 1000-1400 word per chapter and don't expect too much.
Beware with cliffhanger. You can binge it if you like too...

75