Chapter 10
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The darkness of the night was slowly settling in.

Gabriel was sitting against a tree while his summon was next to him looking around. Due to the night, he had no intention of continuing to hunt monsters until the sun returned.

I had nothing to do until the day returns, so I was practicing with the {Summon Weapon} skill, this in order to make the skill level up.

Because he thought that creating different things could be more productive than just creating the same thing over and over again, he was creating different things. It first started with small things like Darts or Shurikens. Later they were Knives with different shapes and from this he was able to discover some things about the ability.

Being that apparently the ability could summon anything that it considers a weapon, regardless of shape or size. But the things he could summon couldn't be too complex, since he couldn't summon firearms.

But he believed that when the skill increased in rank it would be possible.

He piled up a lot of weapons that were getting rarer, just using his imagination to create them.

[The accumulated experience has achieved a strengthening of Skill]

[Skill {Summon Weapon} has increased in Level]

[The {Summon Weapon} skill level has been changed from 2 to 3]

Gabriel was glad to see that his skill increased, and as expected the skill range had not increased.

I check the information of the skill.

<Skill Information>

[Skill: Summon Weapon]

[Level: 3] [Grade: Intermediate]

[Allows you to summon a magic weapon]

[The strength and durability of the weapon will be tied to the level of the skill and the summoner]

[Complex bladed weapons can be summoned]

There was no change to the ability, except that the things it could create would be more durable than before and it meant that the energy needed to summon it would be less.

Sighing, I continue to do the same and summon weapons.
He had nothing better to do anyway.

In this long night

To avoid focusing on boredom or his problems, I just continue to use his ability. And once he was too exhausted to keep doing it, he fell asleep.

When he woke up, the sun was already rising over the horizon. Looking around, there were various corpses of Goblins, Kobolds, and Rabbits, these being hunted by his summoning.

Somewhat recovered, he got up and collected the important things. The weapons he had created were a problem, there was no way he could take them with him, but he also didn't want to leave them in plain sight.

So he decided to make a hole in the ground and leave everything there. It would be a little treasure for whoever found it.
Once that was done, they left the place.

Gabriel was walking alongside his summon and let his summon kill any monster they encountered. A while later, he leveled up his ability {Summon Minion}.

It wasn't hard for him to guess that his ability {Summon Minion} would level up the more monsters his summon killed, or it could also be because of the experience he accumulated from fighting and training. Anyway, his skill would level up the more experience he accumulated.

Instead, his {Summon Weapon} ability would only increase the more he used it and the more creative the weapons he created.

On the other hand, the attributes increase the more the skills are used and the more powerful they become or the more actions are done with respect to said attribute.

Let's say I have the {Swordman} attribute, then to increase said attribute I would have to continuously practice with the sword.

Instead, {Commander} would have to lead a group to make it increase.

It was quite simple to understand and it didn't require you to be a talented person by any means, you would just have to keep practicing to become stronger. So the effort brings rewards.

Also theoretically there could be attributes with similar traits that increase similarly, but as of now I had no similar attributes or proof of it. It was silly to think too much about it.

Ignoring those complex things, I continue to walk around. As expected, once his level increased to 5 it was difficult to level up again with only low level monsters.

The problem is that there were only low level monsters at the moment, so I would instead let his summon continue to level up by killing every monster he encountered.

From time to time I faced some of them, but other than that there was no need for him to participate in the fighting.

The only problem they found was that you must as soon as they found groups of monsters of the same species on their way. So they avoided them to avoid unnecessary trouble.

But over time it was harder to find lone groups, so considering both their strength and level, I made the decision to fight those groups.

Since they already knew the location of a group made up of Goblins, they only had to prepare for the confrontation.

Of course, between fighting head-on and simply staying in the rear, the choice was an obvious one. But if he was honest he was considering changing his ranged weapon at the moment, it wasn't because it was bad in use or performance, but rather he wanted to broaden his range of weapon skills.

Until now in ranged weapons he had a low performance in the use of the bow and intermediate with thrown weapons (That to his impression), so he wanted to have at least another ranged weapon.

One that had greater precision and strength in its attacks. So he had been thinking of creating a new weapon, one quite familiar to any fan of survival.

Taking advantage of this moment, he activated his ability {Summon Weapon}, in front of him appeared a crossbow. It was a much more complex weapon than any other weapon made so far, so he was barely able to summon the weapon using a good amount of his stamina.

Even so, it had its obvious drawbacks. Unlike Bows, drawing an arrow is slower than a bow, but makes up for it with more power and less training to master.

With weapon in hand, I practice a bit before using it in actual combat. He had understood how it was used with intuition, luckily it was not a complicated model to use but a simple one that did not have much weight either.

After about fifteen minutes, the extermination operation of the Goblin Group began.

They first searched for the Goblins again, who luckily hadn't strayed too far from where they were originally found.

The invocation and Gabriel positioned themselves in a strategic place, where they could widely see where all of them were. The summon was in front while Gabriel was a little behind.

Since the Goblins had not detected them yet, it only remained to attack. Gabriel loaded an arrow and aimed it at one of the goblins, specifically the one that looked like the strongest.

Once one has fought dozens of them, one can identify certain traits among them, mainly who is stronger among them. Which gave a huge advantage in a surprise attack.

Aiming for the Goblin's head, I fire.

Without any of the Goblins noticing.
A flash of cold light shot out from between the trees like a meteorite, and in the blink of an eye it reached the helpless Goblin. The sharp arrow flew through the air, piercing the greenish skin in the next moment.

Blood spurted out and the body fell abruptly to the ground, some of its blood spraying onto another Goblin next to it.

None of them reacted to the sudden event, but when another beam of silver light pierced another of their companions, killing him in an instant, they all finally reacted.

They were being attacked.

"Look for the bastard who killed the boss!" One of the Goblins yelled furiously in unintelligible language.

As Gabriel did not understand him, he only pointed to him when he realized that he was second in command, a target to be eliminated. Without even hesitating, he shot another arrow and killed the poor Goblin without him noticing.

The Goblins quickly immediately realized where the shots were coming from and ran like a bunch of maniacs towards the source. Gabriel seeing this ordered his summons to go ahead to intercept the Goblins.

His chances of survival were low, but that couldn't have mattered less to Gabriel. The summon with a sword and a spear walked towards them, stopping a few meters from them.

The Goblins upon seeing the enemy, only exploded in hatred and mockery at seeing how he came out so freely, but his state changed completely when another of his brothers fell by an arrow. They realized that the enemy was not alone.

Clucking his tongue, the next in line shouted at his comrades to attack and this they listened to without even disobeying.

The summon without hesitation pointed its sword at them, and charged into combat.

0