Chapter 14
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girl sat unable to move, but the wound on her side was slowly weakening her. Now that he was in a moderately safe place, he was able to attend to his own wound.

Those strange beings although they did not limit her completely, they did observe any action she took no matter how small. Which made her very uncomfortable, but she had to put up with that and keep treating her wound.

What he did was very simple, using his aura he covered his wound as if it were a bandage. Although this consumed a certain amount of aura to maintain it, it was the best way to stop the blood from flowing further.

The monsters, luckily or unfortunately, had not yet arrived, they might have gotten lost on the way, found another target, or been killed by another human. Whatever it was, he didn't care about their fate.

Now he could only think how to escape or avoid being killed.

By now he had deduced that the unconscious man was their master, so there were two options as to why they obeyed him.

The first is that the man has a taming ability or attribute, and he just controls it.

This was quite possible, since the attributes were mysterious and he wouldn't be surprised if there was one that granted such an ability.

But that would be the worst outcome for her, since he could control her and do whatever he wanted with her. If so, he could only beg or try to escape, but that probably wouldn't change his bottom line.

In case that was not the case, there was another possible solution. It was a creation or summoning skill, although she wasn't very well versed in those things since she wasn't a big fan of games or animated series, she did have basic knowledge from a certain friend who was a fan of video games.

Among them was a game where you fought demons and could summon units through a spinner. His ability would likely allow him to summon entities to fight for him.

Although that was awesome it must also have some restrictions, like entities can't have attributes or something like that. Since he really doubted that it was an all-round ability with no weaknesses.

This could also explain the equipment that these beings had, since the weapons and armor came with them. But that doesn't explain why the man had such a particular outfit.

This was not difficult to explain, since it may be due to some ability derived from the attribute or some other attribute that he possesses. Whatever it was, I'm a little envious of its versatility.

Sighing, he opened his attributes window.

—Status window—

Name: Eveline

Level: 5

Attributes: [Swordsman (Heroic)]

→ Skills: [0]

→ Traits: [0]

As expected, he had not yet obtained a second attribute. Although his Swordsman attribute had increased to Heroic, he wished for a more versatile attribute.

Swordsman was a very good attribute for a combatant, but outside of it he was inefficient. So in non-combat situations it was completely useless.

The main problems he had weren't even related to monsters, but rather basic needs that one would normally never worry about.

The food though was not a problem if it was annoying just eating fruits continuously. He also had to be very careful where he decided to rest, since if he was attacked while he was sleeping he would not be able to do anything. He even had to be very careful that his clothes ripped, since he had no way to change or repair them.

They were all annoying problems with no easy solutions. So he could only grit his teeth and endure all of this, worst of all, there were still 98 days left before this stupid ordeal ends.

Not even a quarter had passed!!!
I just wanted to cry at this point, I didn't want to think about how difficult the next few days would be.

It was when he thought about that, that he heard many voices approaching. It seems that the monsters arrived.

***

It had already been a while since the master lost consciousness. Apart from small fry there were no major mishaps, so we were able to protect His Majesty from all danger.

What I really didn't expect was to meet a human. Although small and did not seem to be in the best condition, he was still a human with attributes and a possible threat to the teacher.

If possible, I wanted to remove it silently. But among the orders set by the teacher, one of them was not to hurt humans unless they attack me first. This was to avoid possible problems against other humans, since they might have powerful abilities that can easily take us out.

That was unacceptable, as the guardian and summon of the master, he had to be able to eliminate any threat that could endanger his life. He had to get stronger.

He and his brothers agreed on this, even if they were newcomers they professed the same belief as him, so it was easy to interact with each other.

On one hand it was very strange, because originally I had no consciousness… I moved like a machine, only by the orders that were given to me and I would give my all to complete it, even if it ended my life. But every once in a while I felt like something inside me grew and strengthened, my body became more resistant and my learning capacity increased.

Still, he was just a machine, faithless and emotionless. That until recently, gain sensitivity. I could feel emotions that were previously alien to me, from hate to joy, but above all, the love I felt for my teacher shaped my entire being.

In my being there was nothing but the desire to protect, care and fulfill the will of my master. My entire being belonged to my master, and him alone.

"Leader, a large group of monsters are approaching."

Hearing that voice came out of his thoughts and looked in the direction of the voice. He could see that countless monsters were approaching, they could easily be counted in the dozens.

"This is not good" I mutter while thinking what to do.
The monsters were just goblins , but they were many, no, they were too many to gather naturally, someone must have gathered them accidentally or not.

When she thought of that she remembered her uninvited guest.
"Shit, that human lured the goblins to this place," he muttered.

Whatever it was, he didn't have time to look for the guilty, but he thought of a plan and carried it out quickly. "Get ready, swords in front and archers behind"

The Two Swordsmen took the lead next to me, while the archers were behind covering us with ranged attacks. The Goblins were numerous, but they weren't very strong or had the right equipment, so it wasn't impossible to take them all out with the right preparation.

The first Goblins to arrive were quickly killed by the archers who fired continuously, but at this rate they would run out of arrows before the Goblins finished.

The Goblins , noticing the attackers, began to run towards them as if deranged, some of them dying in the process from the arrows. When they got in front of the swordsmen and the spearman, they tried to rush towards them, but they were easily killed with quick and precise movements.

The difference in strength was abysmal, so the Goblins were harvested like cattle in a meat grinder. But the problem was that there were many of them and they didn't seem to stop, normally they would be defeated by fatigue or carelessness, but as magical beings they had no concept of tiredness and could move for hours without any problem. So they were rapidly and continuously reducing their numbers.

Even so the Goblins weren't fools either, once they saw countless of their brethren being killed, they stopped running around foolishly and dealt with them in various ways. Either by throwing their weapons or looking for an opportune moment to attack.

This resulted in Summons having to be more careful around their surroundings to avoid a possible sneak attack. The battle slowly dragged on and the Goblins ' casualties slowly decreased as they were more careful.

After five minutes of continuous and uninterrupted combat, the first casualty on the summons side occurred, when he was distracted by a Goblin with a dagger and another who shot a sharp stone with a sling that he had to dodge to avoid being eliminated, he ended up before a Goblin managed to close the distance and stab him with a spear. Although he managed to kill a few more Goblins before he perished , the loss of one of his companions was a problem.

The Goblins could afford to lose one of their own, but the summons were only 5 of them, so losing one was a drastic loss to their forces.
At this point it would only be a matter of time before each one of them was eliminated, so they would have to go back and flee the place, but the problem was that their master was still unconscious.

He could sacrifice his brother and escape, but that would only lengthen his life by a bit more by being followed by that many goblins . The best thing was to eliminate them, but there still seemed to be a little more than twenty more of them missing, even with their strength it would be a problem to deal with them as their numbers had decreased.

I had to find a solution, but the question was what was the solution ?
It was at that moment that a loud noise was heard from the surroundings .

0