Chapter 3. A new future.
503 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oh Minato Namikaze, listen close to my words, For danger looms ahead, like a pack of angry birds, Obito Uchiha's plan, you must quickly surmise, For the Nine Tailed Beast, he plans to unleash and rise.

He has a hidden agenda, a dark and evil scheme, To destroy the village, it's not just a bad dream, The demon fox's power, he'll use for his own gain, And leave behind destruction, chaos, and pain.

Don't be caught off guard, prepare yourself for the fight, Protect your people, and your village with all your might, Gather your allies, and form a plan of attack, Before Obito's plan, the entire village does crack.

The fate of the village, rests in your hands, As the Hokage, you must make a bold stand, Fight with all your heart, and all your might, And keep the Nine Tails locked up tight.

So heed my warning, Minato Namikaze, For the safety of the village, is yours to raise. Protect your people, your land, to thwart Obito's plan with a strong and steady hand.

   That's perfect! Now I just need to get this to the Hokage. And the only tool I have is my horribly expensive system.
   
   After my meeting with the clan. Or rather, the women who passed me around while I gave them some complimentary cute baby giggles, I was soon given a chance to take a nap. But I'm far to excited.

I decided to make something but after a few failed attempts to create anything I learned that I'm not going to be making abilities or enhancements anytime soon. But I still need to spend what I have to grow my capacity. I could make some dumb stuff but the worry of Kurama came back to me. I have been thinking long and hard about what to do and I believe that thwarting Obito and his plans would be the best idea atleast for now. I would never forgive me half if I sat around and didn't even try. If Obito fails to weaken Konoha, it would throw his other plans out of wack if I remember correctly. Besides, I don't think I can stand by and do nothing and live with regrets. Even if this causes further unknown issues I'll know I did the best I could.

   This plan of action would also make much of my future knowledge moot. But it would also be the right thing to do. So how do I get this warning to him? Currently I am staring at a sheet of paper I have been designing with my system. I manipulated the colors to make the letters which I thankfully see everywhere around, and it all reads just fine. A good warning that even tells him who the masked man is. Instead of a bland warning I made it into a poem, I think the God got to me. Perhaps it'll also lend more weight to it.

   Now I have to figure out what kind of craziness I need to do with this paper to get it to Minato. Inside the text box I begin to experiment with different out of box thoughts, like making the paper teleport straight to him. But most of my ideas are far too expensive. It wasn't until I tried to add restrictions that I had success in making something cheap enough.

   What I ended up doing was straight up plagiarizing Konan's paper techniques. I gave the letter, the ability to transform and rearrange itself and even propel itself through the air if only barely. But no matter what I did, I couldn't make it think or act out much of a program. I was growing more frustrated by the moment, until I had a stroke of inspiration. Adding some more flavor text I wrote in the part that should allow me to pilot the paper from a distance.

   System-" 2 sins required."

And I come back to this. I look over my sins and virtues checking on the ones that are not yet full.

(* Filled)

Pride------------- Humility

Envy-------------- *Kindness

Wrath------------ *Patience

*Sloth-------------- *Diligence

Greed------------- *Generosity

*Gluttony--------- Temperance

*Lust---------------- Chastity

I can't use virtues to make anything, I can only use them to offset the negative effects of the sins. I don't have to use them at all, but I should head the warning. In any case, I go through each one and check everything over.

   Pride- 21%.  Humility- 29%

   Envy- 81%.     Kindness- 100%

   Wrath- 16%.   Patience- 100%

   Sloth- 100%. Diligence-100%

   Greed- 69%.  Generosity- 100%

   Gluttony- 100%.  Temperance- 17%

   Lust- 100%.  Chastity- lost!

I don't get any further details aside from the filled amount and the information on how I was awarded what i do have. I can't say I was surprised to see that I have no ability to gain Chasity. My past life already is factored in by the system based on how it judges me. That makes me realize I can never use the sin of lust, safely but how bad would it be? I would like to avoid that risk unless I have no choice. Although, I can't say it isn't tempting to try.

If I can increase Greed or Envy to 100 I'll have what I need. But how would that work? I don't think faking greedy behavior would truly count. And if it did, it wouldn't be the sin of greed that would be awarded, it would be kindness or something because of my motivations. This is going to be a pain in the ass. I think I'll try to save more before executing my plan. I wonder if I have the time. My thoughts are cut off by the sounds of everyone leaving, and like I expected I was given a goodbye visit by many of the women. As they leave, I hear some of their parting conversations.

  Clanswoman-”Tsume, have you heard that Kushina is about to have her baby? She says her due date is in a month."

   Tsume- " I completely forgot actually, I have been so busy lately."

   Clanswoman-"Have you thought of a gift yet? Everyone is scrambling to find something fantastic for her, but i think they are just brown-nosing the Hokages' wife."

   Tsume- "No I haven't, but I'll be sure to send get something, thanks for the reminder."

   Clanswoman-" My pleasure, I'll see you later Tsume, goodnight Hana."

   Hana-" Goodbye!"

Well, fuck me that's not good.
  
That night I laid awake, having a long mental freakout. With no intention of letting my indecisiveness prevent me from making decisions I, pushed forwards and activated the design I have been working on, going over the text one last time to make sure it works properly.

   Flavor text: Item - Paperboy.

Sheet of magical paper that allows the user to control it from afar. By using origami to arrange the delicate paper body into various shapes, this magical paper can be used to either sneak around by folding itself legs, to walk around, or unfold itself to sneak into rooms, or through tight passages. To further its abilities, the paper can fly by forming wings or, by folding itself into various paper airplanes. This flight can be bolstered by its magical ability to produce a slight breeze that can be used to glide when in flight.

The item when activated by touch, transmits sight and sound to the operator when their eyes are closed, until they open them or time runs out. controls operate in an intuitive fashion, only allowing the paper soldier to be controlled while the operators eyes are closed.

Limitations- Control duration, 12 hours. Control range: 30 miles ( 50 kilometers). Control speed and transmission speed is set to normal human parameters.

With everything looking good. I mentally confirm my choice.

   Sys-" 2 sins required"

   With a bit of trepidation, I choose two sins, one of which is sloth countered by diligence. The second one was lust. If I have to pick a sin to use without a virtue, it might as well be the one that has no virtue at all.

   Sys-" Are you sure?"

   With a mental confirmation a standard sized sheet of paper appears before me. Quickly I close my eyes and grab control of the paper. The paper body moves easily and silently as I command it to fold into a body.

   The paper folds and turns in a complicated maze of origami, until in left with an actual body, far more nimble than my own, while albeit tiny.

With my route out of the room long planned I move to the window and slip myself through, before willing myself to fold into a standard paper airplane meant for gliding. The takeoff was shakey at best, but once I gained some height I was free to glide around easily.

The view from up high was marvelous. The setting sun was still visible from up here but Konoha was already bathed in shadows. Even in the darkness the village was far larger than I thought. I could even see the gates and off into the distance more buildings, likely rural civilian homes. Everything in the gates was different though. Clan compounds are obvious from up here and so are the training grounds. The village grows no food within its borders either. Near the tower I’m heading towards I see businesses and shops all closed for the night except for restaurants and bars.

While I'm flying the wind starts to pick up and I'm forced to descend lower, on my journey. At this point I'm close enough to hear drinkers and partygoers of the night making a rukus. I can also see the tower, as it's windows are lit up still, with people working late into the night.

I'm sure the place has some kind of defense, but I'm not sure where Minato's home is either, so I headed here.

Above the tower I fly around staying as high as I can while keeping my sight on everyone who leaves. Until I see the unmistakable form of Minato. I follow him for a bit as he walks through the village, seemingly in no rush home. Without a doubt there are gaurds around, so I move ahead of his intended path towards a group of people milling about. Tuning around I fly lower making myself look like a harmless paper airplane that I am and glide over the heads of the people without adding any extra power. Minato is in the distance and I catch his eyes in mine as he sees the paper airplane. While gliding perfectly, yet slowly I come to gentle stop right in front of his feet as he looks down at me warily. Before speaking aloud, likely to his hidden gaurds.

Minato-"What kind of paper airplane is this? I have never seen this type of folding before. It glided for so long. I wonder who made it."

My little paper airplane was definitely of no danger to Minato, and as he picked me up. He unfolded me and saw writing. Not the scribbles of seals like the explosive tags, but common English that everyone uses. It is no wonder the art of sealing is so difficult to learn, if it's in fucking Japanese.

I watch from my Ethereal eyes and Minato reads the writing. Once, twice, three times or more. Each time his eyes grow heavier and his grip on the paper tighter. The next moment the world spins and I can hear Minato calling for his wife in a slight panic.

Minato-"Kushina!, Kushina!.

Kushina-" What's gotten into you Minato? Are you ok?"

Minato-" Ha, you're fine, I was just worried that's all."

Kushina-" And what makes you think I wouldn't be? I'm perfectly safe here in the village. What's that letter?

Minato-”Nothing for you to worry about, just focus on being a mother and I'll handle everything."

Kushina-"I don't believe you, but I trust you Minato. So what kind of ramen would you like?"

All throughout the night I kept my connection with the paper, if I let go I won't be able to regain it unless I touch the paper again. Minato kept his shit together on the surface for his wife's sake, but once she went to bed he called in the anbu and the advisors all to his home, letting everyone he trusted read the letter. Of particular note were three people I hated, Danzo, Koharu, and Homura. I really wish I had an attack ability I would have tried to kill Danzo right there, but alas I had no such ability. The third was here as well as Fugaku, who seemed to be good friends with Minato.  Before them they were silent and contemplating. Which eventually got everybody's attention and they waited for their opinions. The first to speak was the third

Hiruzen-" Hmmm... We do the only thing we can do and prepare as if it's true. I'll have Enma get word to Jariya, and Tsunade tonight and have them return home. In the meantime, you should look into the confidential records of the Uchiha's Sharingan. There is much you may not be aware of yet."

Minato-" What about Orochimaru?"

Hiruzen-" He is still angry that he wasn't selected as my successor. I'll send word, but we both know how stubborn he is."

Danzo-" You are far too lenient with your disciples Hiruzen, order them to all return and be done with it. They are ninja of the leaf, it's about time they acted like it.

Before Hiruzen could respond Fugaku cut the atmosphere and gave his opinion.

Fugaku-"I'll pull up all of this Obito's, clan records, and ensure nothing was missed. There may be something to be found there."

Danzo-"The Uchiha police investigating an Uchiha is clearly biased, there should be oversight into this."

Minato-" Enough, Danzo. I was, am.. Obito's team leader, if anyone is to blame it is me."

Hiruzen-" It's war Minato, you couldn't have been everywhere."

Minato-"We still need to investigate, I want a team sent to the cave in the land of mist that collapsed where he was supposed to have died, send anbu,  and be sure they are aware it could be a trap. While there, I want them to locate the three tails but not engage. When Jariya returns he will be tasked with its capture. For now, everyone is dismissed. We will reconvene in the morning."

While everyone left, Fugaku stayed behind.

Fugaku-" Kushina is more than welcome to stay at the Uchiha compound Minato, I'm sure Mikoto would appreciate the company, she just gave birth to my second son Sasuke, a month ago and is going stir crazy."

Minato-”I appreciate the offer, I may just take you up on it, thank you Fugaku."

Minato-”Is there anything else?"

Fugaku-"Yes, but I need to speak with the clan elders first, should they give me permission, we will need to have a private conversation at the clan compound."

Minato-" Is it that serious?"

Fugaku- " Yes."

Tsume - "Whatcha doing Pup?"

Kiba-"AHHH!"

8