Chapter 46: Surrender
678 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lord Windamere, couldn’t be happier as he approached his life long enemy. He shouted “NO! LET HIM BE! LET ME HAVE THE HONOR OF CUTTING OFF HIS HEAD!”.

The air stiffened along with all those who breathed it. Lord Windamere swung his sword up towards the sky, to signify his intent. Then with satisfaction beyond belief, lord Windamere slashed his sword downwards.

Lord Blaise’s head would be rolling around, right at that moment, if it wasn’t for a certain someone joining the fun…!

“BEGONE!”.

A precise verbal command, came to mock lord Windamere. With the word a sharp wind, whirled towards the lord and his men. When it reached them, they were sent flying within seconds! Like ragdolls they tumbled through the air and with an indignant *Splosh*, they plummeted into the lake.

William felt his cheeks burst with laughter. Finally someone came to turn the tide! “It’s Hawick and Liberto! Thank gwoodness! Haha”. It was a laugh of relief. Now maybe, just maybe, he didn’t have to see yet another family member die…

Without lord Windamere, directing his forces, not an arrow was shot towards their airborne enemy. So it was rather easy for Harvick, combined with Liberto, to burst them all out of existence with their lungs. It was like watching someone blow out a candle. The flame was snapped out and disappeared completely from everyone's view.

Hails and cheers, roared from the castle. It was the people who was overjoyed to see a savior come to their rescue.

As Harvick helped the knights scare away the enemy, he neared his lord’s side. The moment he was beside lord Blaise, he kneeled down and helped his ‘father’ back to life. The lord was rather confused as to how he ended up on the ground. His head was splitting in two as he tried to stand. His persistence won out, for he must pursue his enemy.

The lord asked, “Where is that blasted lord Windamere!?.. This time I’ll have his guts!”. To this Harvick simply pointed out to the lake. In it were many warriors, who tried to swim their way back to land. Although the lake was mostly shallow, their heavy armours made it almost impossible for them to stand up and wade onto the shore.

The back laid Lord Windamere, was isolated and gulping down water like it was air. This sight pleased lord Blaise… He teased, “Hrmf! Or maybe we should merely wait... It probably won’t take long before he resigns himself to his fate?..”.

The lord sauntered to the spot that was closest to lord Windamere and yelled to him, “Do you wish to surrender?”. His enemy gurgled water in his mouth, so he couldn’t verbally answer, but his arms signaled a clear ‘I surrender’. To this lord Blaise cracked up into a humiliating roar. This was truly what his enemy deserved...

The battle had met its end… So the knights began confiscating any valuables they could find, including weapons, from their enemies. Afterwards they left them to leave unscathed. For they were no longer any threat to them. It was acts of true knights and solvinians.

However, if there was one they didn’t show kindness, it was lord Windamere. He was brought back to the castle for a proper execution.

Lord Blaise held a speech, that would fit the end of his enemy’s life. “Today, we must sin! For the one we have tolerated and fought for this long, has shown us no repent! This time, there’ll be no ransom for his family to spend! This time!... His life ends here on our soil!.. Afterwards we’ll celebrate the night away, in honor of my brilliant son who came in our time of need! Harvick!.. If he hadn’t flown out immediately after our scout reached his lands, we wouldn’t be standing here now… So, raise your mugs and cheer with me! HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH for Harvick Blaise!”.

The people echoed his last sentence, with even more vigor and cheer. Everyone was happy to be alive. Talbot who had found a new crush, raised his mug in eagerness. It was so forceful that the contents spilled. Ending up, poured over a little unlucky girl.

Although it was nice to get cooled on a hot summer day, the stickiness from the drink was unwelcome... William really wanted to snap back at the idiot, but had to control himself. Because, although Talbot may have acted very friendly, when they watched the battle take place. It was another thing when they were no longer standing on common ground. Plus his mother, Grettel, was right behind them being attentive like a hawk.

Grettel huffed at her foolish son and ordered, “Mirabelle. Go get Talbot another drink. And be quick about it!”.

William scurried away within the crowd. He saw this as the perfect opportunity to check up on Joss. Most of the knights were present at the execution, but those who had severe wounds or ear problems, were kept in the doctor’s vicinity…

William managed to sneak himself all the way there, without Grettel or her sons seeing a thing. At the ward, there were many other family members, who had come to pep up their fathers and sons. When William got a glimpse of Joss, he was relieved to see that all his limbs were still attached. “Joss!”, William called out to his brother.

Joss had a fright as he saw the girl get nearer. At first he scanned the area as if an assassin was among their midst. When he saw that the coast was clear he set his eyes upon William again. Joss whispered aggressively, “What do you think you’re doing!? Go away! Now!”. However his sister didn’t listen, “Not befwore I know that you’re okay!”. Joss facepalmed at the determination of this rascal. He flung the quilt open that hid his body and stated, “Look! See! I’m perfectly fine… So scram before someone sees you here!”.

William went up close and saw something to his disliking. His lips pursed with frustration, as a thought of mischief crossed his mind… “Fine! I’ll go, I’ll go… But first, let me chweck if you’re completely okay!”. Then, without warning he slapped Joss’ knee with all his strength. Which made the other jump up in pain. “ARGH!”.

William narrowed his eyes and interrogated, “So tell me… What ish this?”. He unfolded his hand to let Joss have a good look, at the blood that had been smeared upon it. William asked Joss with a mocking tone, “Totally fine are we?.. Then why ish there bwood on my hand?”. To this, Joss could only lower his head and admit, “Yeah… I got scraped by an arrow… But so what?.. It’s really nothing serious!.. Trust me, the doctor said I’ll be fine!”.

William sighed and said “I guess, I can at least twust the words of the dochtor… So… I’ll leave lwike you asked of me. But I swear, if you don’t take cware of yourself and let thish wound off you, I’ll tell tales of Joss: The idwiot who died from an arrow scratch in the knee”. Joss bulged his eyes and stammered, “W-wha-, that’s stupid! Ah! Don’t ever go around telling people something like that! I’ll never die, so that’s utter chicken-crap!”.

William laughed with an evil grin, before he left to fulfill his task. After all, he couldn’t keep his ‘master’ waiting forever.

18