Chapter 119: Earthbound forever
310 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was clinging onto its body like flimsy tape. Each wild wind that came rustling by had him tense up his every muscle.

Simply hanging on was exhausting, but he had to do more if he wanted to fell this creature. William thought about traveling all the way up to its head for a brutal blow, alas, his strengthened limbs weren’t powerful enough to keep him hanging on for that long. The spunk they had could make him last longer than any ordinary human, but that was also it. Everything has its limits.

Just peeking up above the wing’s cover had William blown away. His eyelids would flap around and his ears would be blasted with howling music. It was extremely cold as well: A cold that would seep the body’s vigor right out of a person.

William tightened his grip on the chilled metal, his breathing was getting more frequent as the air was thinner up here amidst the clouds, and then, he just had to look down on the situation below. This, he should never have done. For it was then that it dawned on his primitive brain that they were awfully high up, and a drop from there would result in certain death!

Nausea spread throughout his stomach and throat, and his sight began to blacken from the fear his body pumped out. He had to admit that a battle up in the air might have sounded like a cool idea, but executing it was definitely not an option…

William wouldn’t last enough to gut his airborne foe, but if he just allowed his courage to take over, he should be able to immobilize and force the dinosaur down. William gasped in panic as he decisively moved his sword upward alongside Kaibalac’s body so that the wind wouldn’t snatch it. Then with eyes that could belong to any madman, he began to hack at the end of Kaibalac’s right Humerus. The bone that attaches the wing.

The superior being stiffened at the first chop, at the second it screamed and hurled itself down to the summit of the mountain.

Holding on, was William who could no longer hack away. He had to tug and press his body inward to avoid falling off. His muscles seared with lactic acid and quivered but he held on for dear life. Until the second he felt the giant put its weight onto the mountaintop.

He was almost shaken off by its rough landing but persisted through it all. He wanted that wing, more than anything else. William was still using his ability of swiftness, so before Kaibalac could turn its eager beak against him, he resumed chopping off the important extension. Blood didn’t even get to seep out before William had fulfilled his task. Kaibalac was now eternally earthbound!

A smile spread on William’s pale face. He tightened his grip on the feathers surrounding him, ready for a more intense climb to reach its vital parts. For now, he had grown greedy! Alas, the enormous wing was manipulated by the heavy mountain winds to do justice for its former owner. Fluently it took William down with it. And he got trapped beneath its top that consisted mostly of bones. The current dire situation he was put in, made William’s smile turn upside down. He was now restricted and incapable of fleeing!

Of course, Kaibalac wasn’t going to miss out on this great opportunity it had been gifted. Thus through the agonizing pain, it forcibly squeezed open its eyes and beak for a devastating attack!...

Somewhere, a few meters away, Thalgar realized that the big boss had finally landed and it had even been rendered flightless! He hungrily kept his eyes solely on Kaibalac while he created more space for himself in the sea of enemies. Once his staff had made a round, it came back to rest horizontally in his palms, and from there it was used for an overwhelming push that blew Thalgar’s obstacles away. There was no need to entertain them any further!...

Then, like a doped cheetah, he came running, leaving behind him a trail of godly imprints. Kaibalac not only saw but heard the nuisance as well, so it withheld its attack on William for now. Not at all amused over Thalgar’s seemingly boundless strength!

In a second Thalgar’s body climbed up the beast’s leg, slithering around it until he was securely fastened on top of its broad chest. The finesse and practice of having climbed such difficult things before really showed. Once he was situated at its bust, Kaibalac was beyond irritated! It roared in fury and tried to scratch away the insect with its remaining batlike appendage. Alas, Thalgar wildly swung around to avoid the death-claw and with luck, he landed on his targeted area. The throat...

He grabbed unto the creature’s neck-feathers and then he did something unbelievable! Without a sweat, he thrust his whole arm into Kaibalac’s windpipe, puncturing a fist-sized hole into the being’s vulnerable parts. When it had penetrated through the thick skin and veins thoroughly enough, Thalgar decided to brutally heave it out in a slow pull, making the creature hiss and shake its body.

Kaibalac had never imagined a human could be this lethal! It had clearly underestimated its enemy… The giant’s narrow yellow eyes clamped shut. It was not ready yet to accept its defeat. Since neither its claw nor beak could reach Thalgar’s spot, it decided to fling itself on the ground and hopefully roll off the leech. And this it succeeded in.

For the second Kaibalac tossed itself, Thalgar sprang off. His gaze was no longer on the mutilated creature but on the entourage that was trying to catch up to them. It was the remaining mass of followers that came running to aide their leader. So too did Thalgar’s dinosaur, who couldn’t put a stop to their intervention.

Thalgar grimaced at their approach. He despised dealing with them for on an individual level they were as threatening as a fly, but put together they were more akin an annoying endurance test…

13