Chapter 125 – Tournament of Catomania (1)
313 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ōtsutsuki Clan managed to stabilize the Dimensional Pathway between the Primal Chaos Dimension Origin World and Starveil Origin World enough for basic transportation and to grant passage to a few people from time to time.

Such a thing was enough for the Ōtsutsuki Yakou to be recalled back into the Starveil Origin World because right now and for the foreseeable future, there would be not much for him to do here anyway.

He already wanted to return home to consolidate his gains from the voyage into the new Origin World and, most importantly, to start practicing the Body Refining Technique as he embarked on the Path of the Detachment in the near future. 

As that was the only Path open to him and for his ambitions. 

"I will go and talk with the Elder Council."

Ōtsutsuki Yakou stated as he then excused himself from the meeting and went to the private communication that was within the Ōtsutsuki Clan Warship to talk with the Ōtsutsuki Clan's Elder Council.

When he arrived there, several moments later, the holographic projection of his grandfather, Ōtsutsuki Amakusa, appeared there.

His grandfather maintained a dignified expression, fitting that of the Patriarch of the Ōtsutsuki Clan.

His grandfather was an Everlasting Empyrean for a long time already and wasn't very far from reaching the Half-Step Paragon in the future.

As him, he was too walking on the Path of the Detachment as were most of the those of the Ōtsutsuki Clan with the most powerful lineages.

"Patriarch."

Ōtsutsuki Yakou maintained a stoic expression as he greeted his grandfather formally. 

"You have changed... you seem more alive than ever."

His grandfather remarked as he saw him because no matter how much Yakou tried, there was no denying in the fact that his grandfather was able to see through him like an open book.

"Indeed... it seemed that the time has been kind to me..."

Yakou's stoic face cracked a bit as he said those words, with rather a fond smile over the matter because he was rather glad for the experience. Retrospectively, he thought that he was a bit foolish.

Suppressing his emotions just so he could focus solely on training and getting stronger, constantly cultivating and mastering his techniques... it seemed that it was a mistake and now he would admit it wholeheartedly.

Now it seemed that he lived two centuries in vain? 

For what he had power if the sole purpose of having it was feeling power and nothing more...

"Now to the more important matters, as you were informed about the matter, Lord Shibai intervened personally and managed to stabilize the Dimensional Pathway between the Primal Chaos Dimension Origin World and Starveil Origin World to a certain degree..."

This wasn't surprising to Yakou because the only person who could do something like this was Lord Shibai. Stabilizing the Dimensional Pathway between the two Origin Worlds was even beyond the capabilities of even the most powerful Sovereign Paragon Realm cultivator.

"According to the reports we got from the Primal Chaos Dimension Origin World, the Elder Council has decided to withhold the intervention between the politics of the Primal Chaos Dimension Origin World and we will let them destroy themselves before we launch the conquest."

Never intervene when your enemy is in the process of self-destruction.

And the Ōtsutsuki Clan was the epitome of this.

"And my role for the foreseeable future in this matter?"

Yakou asked as he was curious about his role for the future.

"That is the reason why I am calling you right now. We got the rather interesting opportunity from the Cathulhus that they would be conducting a Tournament for Keys to the Tower of God, with the possibility of finding a way to another Chaotic Source Dimensions. The Ōtsutsuki Clan has decided to nominate you as our representative for the Tournament."

When the Ōtsutsuki Amakusa said that, Yakou felt his blood freeze in his veins because this would be something that presented him an unprecedented opportunity to get stronger. 

"For the clarification... are you sure about this? Even far more powerful entities would be interested in the Tower of God and the reward that lay at the end of it."

In truth, while Yakou was eager for the participation and the rewards, at the same time, he was also very wary of it because he was aware that this represented a grave danger. 

But the rewards... were... something that would forever change his Path. 

Not to mention if he managed to get his hands on it, he would increase his chance of reaching a peak of the Paragon Realm by 70% at least and even had a solid chance of the Transcendence and becoming Overlord.

Not to mention, even the Detachment wouldn't be entirely out of the question and would present him a very slim opportunity for that, but that was all he needed. 

"Yes... this time, the Tournament would be limited maximally to the Tier 3 entities, so there would be nobody stronger participating, and the Cathulhus are ensuring that no accidents happen during the Tournament."

Ōtsutsuki Amakusa explained to his grandson that he knew that this time, the Tournament that was organized by the Cathulhus within the Chaotic Source Dimension was limited only to Tier 3.

Which represented a good opportunity for the Ōtsutsuki Clan to win the Tournament and obtain several Keys to the Tower of God. 

Chaotic Source Dimension was a collection of countless Origin Worlds and each Chaotic Source Dimension was unique. Ōtsutsuki Amakusa didn't visit one; only Lord Shibai visited some of the different Chaotic Source Dimensions.

However, due to the good relationship between the Ōtsutsuki Clan and Cathulhus, they were aware of some rules and information about the Chaotic Source Dimensions. For example, each Chaotic Source Dimension was, how to say it... it had their own "theme".

For example, the Chaotic Source Dimension where the Starveil Origin World or Primal Chaos Dimension Origin World belongs to the category of the "cultivation themed" Chaotic Source Dimensions.

Some Chaotic Source Dimensions didn't have a clear power system and were a mish-mash of many or some were of the Magic, where mighty spell casters and Magi decided the fate of countless.

And this was one of the greatest methods of quickly increasing one's power, just after traveling to the different Origin Worlds and learning the different systems of power that were similar to the one that the person used.

But the problem of that was the fact that leaving the Chaotic Source Dimension was almost impossible; the sole people who could leave their own Chaotic Source Dimension were those at the Tier 7 or some Tier 6s who had unique methods of doing so.

***

Check out my new Original for WSA 2024 Star Citizen Online: Isekai Edition!
Only thanks to patreon and the support of the patrons I can publish and write my novels, so join the Patron and read 20 chapters ahead!
PS. Read my new permanent fanfic A Song of Blood and Sunlight, find it on my profile...
https://www.patreon.com/Trafford
https://discord.gg/vF5qYPBpqF

8