Chapter 126 – Tournament of Catomania (2)
311 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you think that we have a good chance of winning the Tournament?"

Ōtsutsuki asked seriously because if they obtained the Keys to the Tower of God, then it could prove tremendously beneficial for the entire Ōtsutsuki Clan in their endeavor to conquer the entire Starveil Origin World.

"Yes, if you start cultivating the Body Refining Technique right now in the Time Acceleration Formation, we can bring your fleshy body to the standards of the peak Saint Immortal cultivator within one century if we pool all resources into that. The price of three Keys to the Tower of God would be then ours for sure."

The Tower of God was something that was seemingly and according to the legends created by someone who reached the Detachment, someone who transcended the Tier System, Chaotic Source Dimension and the reality itself.

Nobody knew the name of the person who created it, but he was only known as the "Outside God". When he created the Tower, he placed in the Void in between the Chaotic Source Dimensions and let it roam the endless reality.

At the same time, he crafted many, many Keys that could open the Doors of the Tower and threw them into the Void, where the Keys awaited their fated one. Only when someone bore the significant Fate of entering the Tower could he use the Key to open the Doors.

Even right now, many have tried; many obtained the Keys, but they couldn't enter the Tower if they were not meant to do so. Among the people who tried to do so were even those who reached the lofty positions of Overlords or Lords of Chaos. 

Some of the most powerful entities from the most powerful Chaotic Source Dimension tried more than one time to force their entrance to the Tower, but it was to naught. Some who tired to do so and refused to give up were even killed by the servants of the Outside God that protected the Tower.

Nobody knew exactly what was inside the Tower and what awaited them at the end, but many perished after they entered, and only a few scattered survivors managed to return from the place with wondrous tales and endless disappointment after their return.

"And the Fate? You should know that If I am fated that, it would be useless, and even we can't keep the Keys..."

Ōtsutsuki Yakou said with somewhat sadness because he was aware that the Ōtsutsuki Clan was too weak to hold something like the Key to the Tower of God. Cathulhus were different because they controlled the entire Chaotic Source Dimension and were extremely powerful.

But the Ōtsutsuki Clan had only one Overlord-Class being which was the Lord Shibai.

"If not, then not; we can still get other rewards, but if we obtain it and you enter the Tower, then it would be worth of it."

Because the Tournament was conducted by the Chathulhus, they were inviting only a specific number of people and from specific backgrounds, and everyone would sign the most strict Oath on the Grand Source Wills of different Chaotic Source Dimensions to ensure safety.

"Grandfather, though this also raises the question, why are they giving it away as a form of price for some pesky tournament?"

This was something that Ōtsutsuki Yakou didn't really understand entirely, but he felt that the cats must have some purpose in doing so. Their greed was even greater than that of the Ōtsutsuki Clan, and they would never give up something so great just like this... 

If, of course, it didn't bring them benefits.

"That is a good question, a good question that has rather simple and boring answers. The entire Cathulhu and Catopus species are not fated for the Tower, or more like; they are being rejected by it."

Ōtsutsuki Amakusa said quietly because, as the Patriarch of the Ōtsutsuki Clan, he was privy to some details behind this. 

"To better understand the situation, the ever first Cathulhu has reached, according to Lord Shibai, the Semi-Detachment Stage; we don't know if it is true or not, but apparently, due to this reason, the Keys to the Tower are rejecting anyone related to him as they are not suitable for the Tower."

Now it was beginning to make sense and Yakou suspected that there was something within the Tower of God that the Cathulhus desperately needed and the winner of the Tournament would practically bring it to them in exchange for the Key and protection.

"And there is something within the Tower they want to obtain; the winner gets the Key and protection from other people that would want to obtain the Key by force and everyone is happy... am I right?"

Ōtsutsuki Amakusa, the Patriarch of the Ōtsutsuki Clan, nodded his head as he scratched his horns a bit while looking at his grandson.

"In a nutshell, yes... even Lord Shibai don't know what they want to obtain from the Tower, but it must be significant if they are doing something like this in order to obtain it. They are making a lot of very powerful enemies with their actions, but it seems that for the Cathulhus, it is more than worthy action."

They were treading on the dangerous game, but the rewards were too enticing for the Ōtsutsuki Clan, which was preparing for the all-out war against the Automatons, Faith God Alliance, and Sage Clan.

They were counting on the situation in which the gains from the Tower would be able to bring them an unprecedented advantage over their rivals.

There were even some of the bolder ones that wanted to search for the Mandeville Points within the Tower that could connect to the Chaotic Source Dimension and create something akin to a limited Dimensional Pathway.

That would allow them to move, at least to a certain degree, in between the Starveil Origin World and Tower of God.

Naturally, such thoughts were even called as delusions or foolishness to search for the Mandeville Points; most would be glad if Yakou managed to enter the Tower and return back with resources and many, many, many times stronger or with a clear Path.

"Then I should be returning back home..."

Yakou said to his grandfather, who just nodded his head in agreement.

"Also, I heard that you managed to create a unique species from one native, a woman named Qianye Ying'er, who was also responsible for plunging the entire Primal Chaos Dimension Origin World into the war."

His grandfather stated because everything was already said within the reports that, Yakou was periodically sending to the Ōtsutsuki Clan on a monthly basis.

He was constantly informing the leadership of the Ōtsutsuki Clan as he should, so the information about the Qianye Ying'er and everything that took place was included within that.

***

Check out my new Original for WSA 2024 Star Citizen Online: Isekai Edition!
Only thanks to patreon and the support of the patrons I can publish and write my novels, so join the Patron and read 20 chapters ahead!
PS. Read my new permanent fanfic A Song of Blood and Sunlight, find it on my profile...
https://www.patreon.com/Trafford
https://discord.gg/vF5qYPBpqF

7