13. All about the system
25 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'11000 dollars...' Hunter's eyes gleamed in delight and he smiled when he thought about all the money he could make. Although 3000 dollars was not a large amount, it was not small either.

Thoughtfully, he took the chair and leaned back. "Stats." He mumbled and the floating screen appeared before him again.

[Name - Kael Hunter]

[Hitman code - Hunter]

[Rank - 100]

[HP - 100/100]

[No. of people killed - 0]

[XP - 0/1000]

[Level - 1]

[Skill - 7/10]

[Strength - 5/10]

[Stamina - 8/10]

[Details]  [Healer]  [Weapons]  [Missions]  [Rank List]  [Hit List]  [Xtra]

"Huey, can you explain the details now?" He inquired.

After getting discharged from the hospital, Hunter had tried time and again for Huey to reveal what each word on the screen meant, even though he had a fair inkling about it.

However, all he got in return every time was silence. Huey did not speak to him even when he threatened her. It was only when he pleaded with her that she talked to him and all she said was to wait till his HP reached 100.

"Our system only ranks the people to 100. Currently, you are at 100 with many others, and you must complete your missions to rise in the rankings." She explained patiently, and Hunter felt like he was listening to a teacher at school. But he did not comment on it and gave all his attention to her.

"You already know what HP is. You can check your HP status every time you are sick or injured."

Hunter nodded and his brows furrowed when he looked at the next reading.

"Huey, why is my number of kills zero?"

"Umm...that's because it is." Her tone indicated she was speaking to a dumb person and Hunter cursed inwardly at her behavior.

"But I already killed a person before. What about him?"

"The kills only count if the system assigns the mission."

"Ohh..." Hunter mused in understanding. "I see."

"Yes. All other missions you take will not be considered."

"What about XP?"

"Other than the missions to kill people, you will also be provided with side missions."

"Like robbing a person?" Hunter intervened and Huey went silent at being interrupted.

"You seriously need to learn some manners." She chided and Hunter imagined Huey with a stick as she scolded him. A laugh escaped his lips even before he could control himself.

"Despicable." Huey spat and Hunter snuck out his tongue in guilt.

"Sorry, I couldn't control myself."

"I should remove your brain once and wash it with detergent. It is filled with dirt."

"Hey...you cannot say that. I was just..." Hunter tried to argue, but words refused to help him at that moment and he smacked his forehead for being useless.

"Every time you complete the side missions, your XP will increase and once you reach the goal, you will be rewarded."

"Ohh...what kind of reward?" Hunter's eyes sparkled with greed and his brows shot up in excitement.

"It can be anything from monetary reward to a new weapon. You'll be given a list of rewards to choose from."

"Amazing." Hunter clapped his hands in delight and Huey sneered at his actions. "The system is not as bad as I thought it to be."

"The system is excellent. You were just blind." Huey did not allow Hunter to say a word against the system and this time, it was Hunter's turn to roll his eyes.

"Fine, fine, as you say." He surrendered. "What is this level?"

"Based on your expertise as a hitman, we have levels. Although you already have experience from your previous life, in this life, you are still a rookie. So, you are at level 1."

"In short, Level and Rank are linked to each other." Hunter analyzed.

"You can say that. But a person at a lower level can be at a higher rank if he has completed tougher missions."

"I got it, Huey. What are Skill, Strength and Stamina? What do they represent?"

"Skill represents how skilled you are as a hitman and this time, your previous life experience is counted too as they will aid in completing your missions smoothly. But there is still room for improvement."

Hunter was just about to rejoice when Huey's last words extinguished his happiness and his lips twitched in annoyance. "Did you have to say that? Could you not have allowed me to rejoice for a few seconds?"

"Leading you towards the truth is my duty and I did just that." Huey countered and Hunter gave up arguing.

"What about Strength? Why is it so low?" His face scrunched up when he saw the reading.

"That's because it is low."

"What do you mean? Do you think I am weak?" Hunter gritted his teeth, ready to fight it out if necessary.

"Considering an average person, you are not weak." Hunter was just about to nod in satisfaction when Huey's next words stopped him. "But if we talk about the other hitmen in the rankings, you will lose if you go for hand-to-hand combat."

"Is this a comparison between all the people in the rankings?"

"More or less."

Hunter did not complain this time. He knew where he stood when it came to fighting and he agreed with Huey. It was true that he would lose for sure if he fought with someone strong.

"You need to start training. We will look into it after you finish your first side mission." Huey mumbled and Hunter agreed with her again.

"What do we have next?" Huey paused for a moment. "Even though you are weak, you have excellent stamina. You can outrun some of the top hitmen in the ranking."

This time, Hunter could not stop himself from patting his back in pride, and Huey giggled in amusement.

"Details will give you the details of the mission you are to complete in case you forget anything." Huey did not stop and continued explaining. "If you get injured while doing a mission, you can use the Healer to heal yourself, but it depends on how serious your injuries are."

Hunter became serious again and listened to Huey patiently.

"I think everything else is self-explanatory. Or do you want me to brief you about them too?"

"I'm fine. But what is this Xtra?"

"There might be situations when some aspects of the missions might not be normal and you would need additional information. All of this will be found in Xtra."

"Ohh.." Hunter acknowledged, even though he was still confused. "Is there anything else I should know?"

"Yes, there is." Huey took a deep breath while Hunter waited for her. "You may use the system resources for your other missions."

"But?" Hunter raised a brow when he realized that there was more to it.

"But you will have to pay for it."

"Ohh and how would that be? Will I have to compensate again?"

"No." Huey let out a helpless laugh. "You can use the resources in exchange for XP."

"That's nice. How very considerate." Hunter exclaimed and his smile returned to his face.

"Yes. So, use your XP carefully. You never know when you might need them."

"I get it. Thank you for the heads-up. Anything else?"

"That's all."

"I'm gonna shower now. Do you wanna join me?" Hunter stood up and started laughing when he heard Huey cussing at him.

"Despicable! Despicable!" She shouted. "Disgusting! Change your behavior."

"Can't help, Huey. You are stuck with me for life. So bear with it."

1