[ACT 2] – #21: Same Shtick, Different Day
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Act 2: Awakening


11:45AM
COLONY NO. 6, BUSINESS DISTRICT
FEBRUARY 12, 2018

*cars beeping*
*pedestrians walking*

“I’m telling you, the supervisor’s really been piling it…I haven’t had a night’s rest in days!”

“And? Think you’re the only one? Quit whinin’ already.”

Two men dressed in office clothing talked as they walked along the sidewalk, headed to work. The atmosphere was ‘full’; congested traffic, dozens of peds, and that one god-forsaken guy who touches his car horn about as much as a weeby otaku touches a body pillow of his favorite anime-waifu...at least, according to these two men’s understanding. They had bedheads, and their eyes had bags underneath. They were actually animators working for a well-known production studio.

“I swear, the fact that we even took this project…I’m glad to work on it, since I’ve been a fan, but how the hell are we supposed to work on an entire season in under 10 months??” one asked the other, bamboozled.

“It annoys me too…but we’ll just have to keep moving forward,” he responded.
“Yes…until my enemies are destroyed.”

“…did you just-”

Before his associate could confront him about the reference he made, a loud sound echoed like a thud. All the bystanders paused, looking all around them to understand what was happening. As the sounds got closer, there was a loud crash; a young male was dashing along the walls of a building. He wore a black long sleeved turtleneck top under a red and black jacket; the back of it bearing the Kanji , which stood for Warrior, short dark pants, and his hair was black, short, and messy. Following him was a barrage of medium-sized projectiles launched by an unknown assailant, striking the building which caused debris of glass and concrete to descend, right where the pedestrians walked.

As he maneuvered himself to the top of the building, he yelled out:

“Any day now, Satoru!!”

On the ground, another young male bent the corner. He was dressed in a white Kimono robe; its back bearing the symbol  which meant Wisdom, with black pants, and had neck-length white hair tied in a low bun. As he ran, and the debris descended on the civilians, he raised his palm to the air and shouted:

Soul-Barrier! · 魂結界 (Tama-shii Kek-kai)

Immediately, just a few meters above the ground, a transparent azure-blue rectangular structure manifested; it was a construct of his energy, which broke the fall of the debris and kept the civilians safe.

“Please, that won’t last forever! Situate yourselves in safer areas!” he instructed as he ran along, keeping up with his teammate, as well their target. On the roofs of the buildings parallel to those the first boy ran on, was another individual. He had a giant physique, and his body seemed as if it were made out of solid rock. With each step his feet dug into the concrete, but despite his build, he was rather swift.

“You’ll never catch big-’ol me at this rate, Hunter!” he mocked his pursuer parallel to him with his deep voice.

“Yeah, yeah, how about losing some weight and taking a shower, Harambe?” the boy fired back at him. Not too soon after was another projectile launched at him, which destroyed a building’s ledge.

“Could you stop doing that, you idiot?” – these words came from neither of the two, but from the boy’s earpiece. “The only reason he’s been firing those things is because you keep insulting him!”

“Oh come on, Satoru. Even you agree that this guy’s fatter than that one celebrity who rhymes with Jizzo.”

“Just shut up already, Ilmar!”

The civilians then comprehended: it was a chase between two Hunters and a Dragon.

“Oh, Hunters!” the first animator pointed out.
“Say, those two look like…” the second trailed off.

“Yeah!” a bystander continued for him, “They’re the popular A-Rank Hunters, Satoru Yamaguchi and Ilmar Sanjuro!”

As they cheered the two on, they continued their pursuit. Satoru himself had also ascended to the roofs, directly following the Dragon. He was a member of the Apocalypse Gang called Dongsu the Tank, quite a notorious one. He was acting solo today, but was unfortunate enough to be confronted by these two. As Satoru followed him, the dragon activated his powers: his energy shook the roof they ran on, in an attempt to disorient him, while he fired off three more of the high-speed projectiles, which start off as energy blasts but harden after firing, turning into what seemed like solid rock. While the boy’s balance faltered, he managed to activate a technique; a replica of himself appeared from thin air in front of him, which grabbed his hands and threw him into the air, steering him clear of the danger while the clone tanked the attack, and dispersed.

“ThE OnLy ReAsOn He’S BeEn FiRiNg ThOsE ThInGs iS BeCaU-”

“You’re so annoying!!” Satoru snapped at his ally.

Dongsu followed up with more projectiles as he was in the air. But Satoru quickly defended by holding his forearm in front of him, from which spawned another small construct of energy to tank the attack.

“Tch, guess that won’t work on him. Not bad, Yamaguchi,” the dragon thought to himself. “My best bet is to take these guys on ground level. I won’t go causing too much collateral damage today, so how about…”

As he looked, he noticed a school complex, more specifically its empty netball court.

“Hmph, why not?”

He changed course and started making his way over there. The Hunters took quick notice, and followed after him.

The Dragon landed on the court with a bang, that shook the entire school yard. Students in a nearby second-story classroom were able to see the source of the commotion through the windows, as well as the two Hunters who arrived shortly after.

“Hmph, I’ll hand it to you brats! But you’re on my turf now!” he declared as the solid armor on his body grew thicker and more defined, ready to go on the offensive.

“Your turf? An all-girls school?” Ilmar asked sarcastically, laughing at him.

“You’re provocative, you know that?” Satoru asked him as he stood by his side.

“What’s your deal anyway?” Ilmar asked the Dragon. “You keep shooting rocks at us, are you like one of those Ota Rocks from Super Mario?”

“Tch, foolish Hunter…earthquakes, volcanos, storms, all natural disasters…they’re all necessary for the cycle of nature,” he started off. “Do you know what Plate Tectonics are? It’s the movement of plates within the earth’s crust. Plates are divided by faults, and when those plates move against each other, you get earthquakes. These earthquakes even cause volcanic eruptions. It’s how landmasses have been created over millions of years.”

“Keh…my technique allows me to take advantage of tectonic movement. I can both create and destroy landmasses with this power!!”

“Damn, that’s crazy. Anyway, nice timing Akiro!” Ilmar shouted.

“Eh?”

By the time the Dragon noticed, there was a shadow hovering above him. Looking up, he was greeted by a Sai knife striking his head, which of course was guarded by his armor. The sender landed a few feet in front of him, just in front of the two Hunters. He wore a sleeveless jacket with a similar color scheme to that of Ilmar’s, black ankle-height pants, and his hair was in a short ponytail; bangs hung along his temples, and the ends of his hair had glints of dark blue.

“Team 6 reporting for duty,” Akiro said as he high-fived Ilmar and held out his second Sai toward the Dragon.

“Hehe, just as planned,” Ilmar said with a grin. The Dragon took the Sai that was thrown at him, and crushed it completely in his giant hand, as he prepared to launch his attack:

“It won’t make a single difference, no matter how many of you brats there are!!”

“Akiro, Ilmar, let’s go!” Satoru commanded.

Immediately, the two dashed off, one to the left and the other to the right, while Satoru held position. The Dragon also lifted his arms, still gripping the crushed Sai, and was about to slam his arms into the ground they stood on, when Akiro shouted:

“Now, Namiyo!!”

A little distance from the court, behind the Dragon, on a rooftop stood a fourth Hunter. He was dressed in an outfit similar to that of Satoru’s, wearing a black blindfold, and having black spiked-up hair. He held his hands apart, and right when the Dragon was about to launch his attack, he brought them together:

*CLAP*
*BLAM*

A sound as if a gun were fired right next to his ear jolted the Dragon. It felt like he got bashed in the head with a steel baseball bat. He was stunned and disoriented, every nerve inside his body was jerking violently…and the blunt of it was felt inside the palm of his right hand, where the crushed knife was.

“Shit!...An Explosion? No…the source of it feels like this knife? What the hell was that?”

As he was in thought, amid his blurred vision, he looked over to his left where Akiro was, who had thrown his second knife.

“Are the knives what triggers that attack? I shouldn’t risk getting hit by that again. This time, I’ll just block-”

In mid-thought he blinked, but upon opening his eyes, he no longer saw a knife, but instead Ilmar, who was mid-air, right in front of him, readying himself to land a punch. The Sai had also dropped to the ground, around the same place where Ilmar was a moment ago, to the right.

“…teleportation?...that’s right, I remember! It’s the technique of Akiro the Teleporter!”

“…but, wait, disregarding that…is this really his counter-attack? A punch?” the dragon wondered.

“Brat…you’re a fool. There’s no way that kind of attack could possibly do anything to-”

His thought was interrupted by the hunter’s shout:

Body Reinforcement! · 身体強化 (Shin-tai Kyō-ka)

*THWACK*

The Dragon watched as the Hunter’s invisible energy condensed inside his arm. Ilmar planted his fist in Dongsu’s face, leaving a dent on his stony jaw and knocking him a few feet away. Immediately he retreated, and signaled to his comrade:

“Go for it, Satoru!”

Soul-Barrier!

Wasting no time, Satoru activated the technique once again, erecting a cubic structure around the Dragon. Within it, he sunk to his knees, due to Satoru altering the gravitational force within the space. He also suppressed his energy, denying the Dragon any method of counter-attack. Victory was secured.

“I can’t move! My power is decreasing too! Did I just lose…to a couple of brats?”

“Damn it…damn you! DAMN YOU HUNTERS!!”

“Oh, shut the fuck up you overgrown gorilla,” Ilmar commanded him, kicking the barrier.

“Don’t kick that thing, dumbass!” Satoru yelled.

Not long after, Namiyo made his way over to them. As they talked, awaiting their superiors, they couldn’t help but notice the cheering and screaming in the background, coming from the high school girls at the windows.

“Look! It’s Satoru Yamaguchi!! Oh my God it’s really him!!”
“Ilmar-kun’s next to him too!! He’s so hot!!”
“Akiro Sanjuro!! Eeeeeek!!!”

“nothing for Namiyo? that’s kinda messed up,” Akiro remarked.
“sorry…I shouldn’t be laughing…pfft-hahaha!”
Ilmar joked.
“ow! alright alright, i’m sorry dude!”
he followed up after being dealt a punch by Namiyo.

“Excellent work, Teams 5 and 6.”

These words came from the Captain of Team 5, Kodaki Yamaguchi. He was accompanied by Team 6’s Captain, Chōjo Sanjuro - former instructor from the Hunters’ Training Camp.

“Look at you, all become big-shot Hunters, eh? Not so long ago, you were a bunch of snot-nosed brats.”

“What’s up, Sensei? How’s it going, Captain?” Ilmar asked.

“We’ve tidied up on our end. It seems like mission accomplished over here too,” Kodaki responded as he saw the Soul-Barrier in the background containing their prisoner.

“Was a piece of cake as usual!” Ilmar enthused.

“Ilmar…how many times’re we gonna have to tell you to take things more seriously? You’re a grown-ass man now, boy,” his former teacher lectured him.

“C’mon, Sensei!” he pleaded with him. “All I ever do is try to lighten the mood around here!”

“Yeah, more like endangering the mission,” Satoru scoffed.
“Don’t you start with me you gloomy albino,” Ilmar fired back.
“Ilmar,” Namiyo sternly warned him.
“Alright, alright.”

Around the same time, inside one of the school’s First-Year classrooms, a group of girls were rewatching the videos they recorded of the Hunters.

“Akiro’s hair is so beautiful! Right, Makima?”
“I think it’s cool, but I like Satoru’s way better.”
“Namiyo is so boss-like! I love him!”

“Do you kids only ever think about only the guys?” Standing in objection was one of their classmates, Fumi Noritoshi.

“Well, in that case, Maki and Saki are amazing, aren’t they?” one of them highlighted.
“They’re so cute together!!”

“Hmph. GINA IS THE MOST AMAZING ONE!” she yelled, pointing at the group.

“…isn’t she like, Semi B-Rank?”
“Amira’s better, to me,” they disagreed.

“Pfft, as if her rank matters! Gina-san is beautiful, and she fights with elegance!” Fumi asserted.

“there she goes again.”

“Well…I would’ve mentioned Hayami-san, but…”

Instantly, Fumi killed the mood. They all highly admired Hayami, so when the news had gotten out that she had died, a lot of tears were shed. They all eventually went back to what they’d been doing prior.

*sigh*
“To make things more depressing, Izumi isn’t here today again,” Fumi complained to her friend Ainō.

“Make sure to give her a call tonight. You know how it is with her.”

“Yeah, right. None of us know what it is with her,” she responded. “But, I really worry about her, y’know…I hope she’s taking care of herself…”


COLONY NO. 6
PARADIS HOTEL

“Honestly, Gadō-san, I don’t know what this nation would do without the help of the Hunters. The peace of these last few centuries has been perfectly preserved, all thanks to the efforts of yourself, Tenchi-san, and the legacy left by your great ancestors, Akihiko Sanjuro and Yasahiro Yamaguchi. On behalf of the country, we extend our boundless gratitude.”

“No need at all, Shushō-sama. It’s the obligation of the Hunter Force to maintain the order, and keep those Dragon Gangs in line.”

Inside a hotel room, a TV in the background was broadcasting a live discussion between the country’s Prime Minister, and Gadō Sanjuro, the Head Supervisor of the Hunters, and the Sanjuro Family Head.

“Nayumi-san?”

In the kitchen area stood a man in a butler’s outfit, washing his hands after having prepared a meal. He called to someone, but heard no response.

Letting out a sigh, he walked down a small hallway, approaching a door. After knocking, he slowly pushed it open, and the hallway’s light illuminated the dark room. The window blinds were down, and it was cold; the AC being set to at least 16 degrees C. The bed was a mess, though nobody occupied it. Instead, the person in question sat on the floor, leaning against the bed, and their legs pulled up against their body.

“Another nightmare, I take it?” the butler asked after a moment of observation.

Nayumi responded with a nod after raising her head from her knees, revealing her sore, baggy eyes, and a head of hair just as messy as her bed.

“…I thought my name was Izumi now, Nakamura-san.”
“But you don’t really like it, don’t you?” he knowingly queried.

“…whatever. I don’t care what my name is anymore…”

He didn’t know how to respond. But he pleaded with her before closing the door, saying,

“Please, at least come out to eat, Nayumi-san. Food is ready.”

He left after that. But, she simply stared blankly at her phone in front of her feet, which displayed text notifications from Fumi, before closing her eyes and shedding a teardrop, and whispering to herself,

“…I want to die.”


6:00PM
FAMILY GROUNDS

“I’m telling you, the guy was at least 400lbs. It’s like they’d been feeding him elephants!”

“Dongsu the Tank, huh? That’s guy’s been a pain for months. Glad we finally got an opening to get him.”

…we? You weren’t even there though?”
“Shut up, Ilmar.”

A group of familiar faces sat around a big table nearby a snack bar; the twelve Trainees from six years ago, all now become incredible Hunters.

“There was also that Orochi guy, with that creepy smile.” – Zeke Sanjuro, Semi B-Rank.

“Ugh, don’t bring up shit like that! I’m trying to eat!” – Kinshi Yamaguchi, B-Rank.

“Leave it to Zeke to give your stomach anxiety.” – Amira Sanjuro, B-Rank.

“Well, either him or Ilmar, who’s just plain annoying.” – Gina Sanjuro, Semi B-Rank.

“Me? Annoying? You get on Amira’s nerves every day,” he responded.

“Yeah, but you’re a different breed.” – Maki Kirishima, B-Rank.

“Don’t be mean, Sister…” – Saki Kirishima, B-Rank.

“Good grief…can’t we ever get along?” – Galib Sanjuro, Semi B-Rank.

“We do get along. Ilmar’s stupidity keeps us together.” – Kento Yamaguchi, B-Rank.

This was pretty normal for them; meeting up at the snack bar at night and just chilling out with each other. They would probably rather be drinking, but they’re still under-age, and surprisingly disciplined in that regard.

Well, except Ilmar.

“…y’know, sometimes I question the fact that you’re the Clan Head’s son,” Gina commented as her brother turned a bottle of beer to his head.

“Cut me some slack, will you? It doesn’t have that much alcohol in it,” he defended.

“That’s not the problem, you idiot! You represent our parents!”

“And I do a damn good job at it on missions. Yay me!” he rejoiced to himself as he drank the rest.

“Oh, that reminds me, it’s that time of the year, isn’t it? You always pop a bottle around this ti-”

“Zeke!” Kinshi yelled, slugging him in his side.
“Agh! Why’d you-”

Upon looking around him, most of his friends were giving him an are you serious? look. He instantly noticed his mistake, but the damage was already done. After a few seconds, Satoru stood up:

“I’ll be heading in early tonight. See you guys.”

Saki got up as well, and her sister Maki followed after her.

The time of year that Zeke specified, was Jamal and Tarik’s birthday. It was yesterday.

“For God’s sake…” Akiro facepalmed.
“You’ve went and done it now, Zeke,” Amira sighed.

“Leave it to Zeke the mood killing freak,” Kinshi sunk his cheek into his fist.

“I’m so sorry…” Zeke lamented with his head in his palms.

*sigh*

“Ilmar, please…” – he knew the drill already, his sister didn’t even have to make a request. He threw his bottle into a trash bin, and walked after Satoru.

“Slow down there, buckeroo.”

“What do you want, blockhead?” – They walked slowly for a bit, getting some space between them and the group.

“I didn’t know the Soul-Barrier could be shaped around limbs. You working on a new technique?” Ilmar tried to make conversation.

“Something like that. You’ll just have to wait and see,” he responded.

“…hey, you alright man?”
“I’m fine.”

Satoru looked straight ahead, but he knew Ilmar was nudging him with his glance. To make it worse, he put his arm around his shoulder.

“…tch. You know I’m not,” he confessed. No matter how much he tried shoving the thoughts aside, he could never forget.

“We haven’t even heard or learnt anything…for six whole fucking years.”

“…it’s rare to hear you curse,” Ilmar responded.
“Well, I prefer rarity over consistency, in some regards.”

“So far it’s been useless. Let’s just face it…we won’t be seeing our brothers again,” Satoru lamented.

“Sato…”

Ilmar walked in front of him, turned to him, and struck him with a right hook that knocked him down flat. This didn’t go unnoticed by their friends:

“Woah!” Akiro exclaimed. “I’m betting on Ilmar this time.”

“Hoooly shit, even I felt that one,” Kinshi held his jaw. “I’m betting Satoru.”

“Here we go again,” Amira said as she chomped on her granola bar. “I’ll bet…”

“What the hell was that, you bastard?!” Satoru snapped as he wiped his hand across his mouth.

“Cry about it. Nut up or shut up, Yamaguchi!” Ilmar further provoked as he put up his fists.

“You know what?...”

Satoru closed the distance between them immediately, and they started fighting. Neither of them tried dodging each other; they mostly blocked, and whatever landed, landed. It looked like a kick-boxing match. They went on for about 30 seconds, then Ilmar landed a drop-kick to his chest, sending him to the ground.

“Haha, you done?” Ilmar asked joyfully as he cracked his neck and knuckles.

“Nope. Hold still.”

By the time he looked, he noticed that he couldn’t move and Satoru, while crouched, had his arm stretched toward him. He’d been frozen with Inverse-Flow.

“Shi-”

Before his mouth finished moving, Satoru got up and nailed him in the jaw with a midair spin-kick.

They were both worn out at this point. But, as if preparing for another round, they ran up on each other, grabbing their collars, and each delivering one last heavy punch to the other’s jaw.

“Kehehe…feeling better?” Ilmar asked Satoru with his pursed lips, who responded by letting out a heavy sigh, before they both fell on the pavement.

“K.O! Tie! Pay up, losers!” Amira happily demanded.

“That’s your cue, Gina. Go on, my little ambulance!” Kento teased her.

“How charming,” she responded sarcastically as she made her way over to the two.

*panting*
“Damn, I think you chipped a tooth,” Ilmar expressed, breathing heavily.
“Sounds like a you-problem, dumbass,” Satoru responded, likewise breathing heavily.

If you haven’t caught on by now, this is a normal occurrence.

“…hey,” Ilmar spoke to him,
“What?”

“Don’t tell yourself stuff like that, Sato.”

“…” Satoru didn't have anything to say. He knew his rival and friend was just trying to knock some sense into him, and he tried his best to silence his pessimism.

“We’ll find them…we’re gonna,” Ilmar assured him.
By this time, Gina arrived to take them to a nurse.

“Ok, up you go,” she said as she took their arms. They pulled themselves up, and she slung their arms across her shoulders.

“Sorry, Gina,” Satoru apologized.
“Honestly…you two are the strongest, and dumbest,” she sighed.

“If it were you and Amira, you’d probably be doing the same thing,” Ilmar defended.

*sigh*
“Maybe you’re right, brother…” she responded in her mind.

“Wherever you are…I hope you’re ok, baby brother.”


7:00PM
COLONY NO. 1, ABANDONED WAREHOUSE
UNDERGROUND LOUNGE

“Good day, everyone.”
“It’s been quite a while…good to see you again, Ryūjin-sama.”

Another group of familiar, but not too friendly faces are revealed once again; a Spirit-Meeting with the Big-Three Gang Leaders, the Religious-Sect Leaders, Mujin, Daisuke Taejin, and last but not least, Gyuwhan Ryūjin. It had been their first meeting in about 5 years.

“How’s it going, Kallavan-san? I’ve missed you,” Ringo Himura teased.

“Don’t start. You’re the last one I wanna see.”

“It’s good to see you all again,” Mujin added.
“You’ve grown quite a bit, Gyuwhan-sama,” Shigaraki remarked.

“Yeah, I’ve grown more mature than the likes of Kallavan and Ringo,” he joked.

“I’m more of an actor, can’t say the same about Kallavan,” Ringo defended.

“Silence, clown,” Kallavan ordered him, irritated.

“How about you three; Kentaro, Arata, Mamoru? How are our numbers?” Gyuwhan asked them.

“Why yes, Ryūjin-sama,” Kentaro answered. “At a rough estimate, I’d say about 15 percent of the general population is apart of the Dragon Religious Group.”

“I see, that's a decent improvement from 8 years ago. Good work.”

“Anyway…you were the one who called for this meeting, Ringo-san,” Gyuwhan signaled to the Gang Leader. “Go ahead, enlighten us.”

He chuckled as Gyuwhan gave him the moment to speak, intriguing his associates.

“Keh…we finally have a lead,” he opened.

“…wait,” Gyuwhan interrupted, raising his eyebrows as his heart slightly jumped. “You mean, what we talked about?”

“First, allow me to remind Kallavan-san about a particular ordeal,” he addressed him,

“The Ōriki Operation back in 95. You remember, right?”

“Hm?...Of course. My guys took on that operation, under Old Man Ryūjin’s orders,” he confirmed.

“Right. Then, around 2009, an arson incident that took the life of a Religious Sect member, and an Ōriki child,” Ringo continued.

“Yeah, that was us too. Turns out someone survived from 95, but we found him back in 2008. A year later, we found out about that girl and his kid,” he informed them.

“Great, we’re on track. Now, what I wanted to ask…was that child’s body confirmed?” Ringo queried.

“No…”
Kallavan went unresponsive for a few seconds.

“…the kid’s alive?” he asked with a raised ’brow.

“Yep. Found her around 3 years ago, with a different name. Something like Fukumoto, but she slipped away, and we lost her up until now.”

“Huh? That capture order, that was her?” Kallavan asked in surprise. A little above 3 years ago, Ringo with the help of the Religious Leaders conducted an investigation, and instructed the Sect followers to look out for someone with that name.

“Yeah…now, we have a lead. Currently, she goes by Izumi Kobayashi,” Ringo informed.

“Kehehe…excellent work, Ringo-san. You three as well,” Gyuwhan grinned, addressing the Religious-Sect. “Give me the details later. Kallavan, I’ll want you in charge of this, just like the previous times.”

“To be honest, I just wanted my guests to have some extra company,” he expressed.

“Oh? You mean, you’re not killing her?” Ringo asked, thinking that was his intention.

“That depends on her potential Ōriki powers. Besides that, these two need a playmate.”

As Gyuwhan said this, he glanced over to a couch in the room, on which sat two individuals. One sat upright, resting his hands in his lap, and his long black hair covered the right side of his face. He was dressed in a black and white Kimono and Waraji Sandals. The other was blonde-white haired, dressed in a white Yukata and Waraji Sandals. He laid on his back, staring into the ceiling with one leg resting on top of the knee of the other. They both glared at Gyuwhan in response to his earlier remark.

“Sorry. It’ll be a late one, but I’m getting you guys birthday presents,” he assured them.

“…hmph. I don’t expect anything much. Save it,” the laid-down one responded.

“talkative as ever.”

“Anyway, we’ll execute this job tomorrow, Kallavan. I’ll give you the details from Ringo. Don’t screw this up,” Gyuwhan commanded.

“Understood, boss.”


So, we're working with Colonies now?

As was mentioned in chapter 20.5, when I started this story I didn't want the world setting to be that of our world, like continents and countries and such, but I decided heck. So yes, if that was previously a concern then here you go: the story is taking place in Japan, with the country divided into six colonies. Here's a depiction to help follow along:

Japan Prefectures

Colony 1 would be the Aomori prefecture, where Gyuwhan's base is located.
Colony 2 would be the Iwate and Akita prefectures.
Colony 3 would be Miyagi, Yamagata, and Fukushima.
Colony 4 would be the entire Kantou region (the green section).
Colony 5 would be the Kansai region (blue), where the Family Grounds is located (Mie to be exact).
Colony 6 would be the Chuubu region (aqua). For the record, they were fighting Dongsu in Aichi.

So basically, the story is not using the ENTIRE map of Japan.

 

FUMI NORITOSHI
AGE: 15 (DOB: October 31, 2002)
HEIGHT: 5'3"
BODY: Slim Build
HAIR TYPE: Yellow; Long, Dual Ponytail
OCCUPATION: Student

+ First-Year in High School.
+ Extroverted, somewhat of a class clown.
+ Admirer of the Hunters - she's a huge fan of Gina.
+ Loves dancing.
+ Her father was never around ever since she was born.

KODAKI YAMAGUCHI
AGE: 29 (DOB: May 2, 1988)
HEIGHT: 5'9"
BODY: Slim Muscular Build
HAIR TYPE: Black; Low-Knot Short Ponytail
OCCUPATION: A-Rank Hunter

+ He was apart of Fudo and Katashi's year group in the Academy, but initially refused to be a hunter.
+ He stands among the best Sorcerers of the Yamaguchi Clan.
+ He has been Team Captain over Ilmar and Satoru for the past 3 years.
+ He mostly associates with Chojo, Miwa, and Katashi.

 

ILMAR SANJURO
AGE: 17 (DOB: May 19, 2000)
HEIGHT: 5'9"
OCCUPATION: A-Rank Hunter

SATORU YAMAGUCHI
AGE: 17 (DOB: April 17, 2000)
HEIGHT: 5'7"
OCCUPATION: A-Rank Hunter

AKIRO SANJURO
AGE: 17 (DOB: February 18, 2000)
HEIGHT: 5'9"
OCCUPATION: A-Rank Hunter

NAMIYO YAMAGUCHI
AGE: 17 (DOB: March 8, 2000)
HEIGHT: 5'8"
OCCUPATION: A-Rank Hunter

GYUWHAN RYŪJIN
AGE: 19 (DOB: December 25, 1998)
HEIGHT: 5'8"
OCCUPATION: Dragon-Tails Leader

0