09 Frozen, Venom, Magneto
709 8 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Here's three quick story prompts that weren't long enough to have individual chapters. Total words about 3,550.

Elsa from Frozen

Sophia was very proud of herself. She had finally put that weakling Hebert in her place. The locker was full of everything nasty that she could swipe from every compost bin, needle deposit, and bathroom trashcan in the whole school. She had stuffed the thing full of crap and then stuffed Hebert into it. That was an hour ago and she was sure the bitch would have broken by now.

A shiver went down her back and she glanced around the classroom and saw several others shiver as well. After a moment, she could see her breath and cool air flowed over her skin. She rubbed her hands together, only to almost jump at the ice cold feeling her fingers gave her. She cupped them around her mouth and blew on them to warm them up.

“Damn, the furnace must have gone out again.” Mr. Gladly commented and walked over to the temperature gauge on the wall. He played with the slider and heard a thump when he had it above 80. “That's got it going.”

Most of the class relaxed and rubbed their arms as the teacher continued the lesson. Only Sophia still felt concerned as the cold temperature actually increased instead of going down. She could almost feel things starting to frost over and her eyes went to the classroom window.

Sophia's eyes widened to see it was already frosted over with an intricate frost pattern that she hadn't seen since the huge winter storm when she was a little girl. As she watched, it grew past the steel frame and started to creep along the walls. She somehow knew that wasn't right, mostly because it wouldn't have done that, no matter how cold it was outside.

The sound of a loud crack came from the classroom's door and everyone jumped, even her, and they all looked over to see what it was. The entire doorframe was covered in ice and the window in the door had split.

“What the fuck is going on?” Some guy asked as the ice spread across the walls.

“Mr. Gladly! What do we do?” A girl's frantic voice asked.

“I think we should stay where we are. Whatever is going on, someone will come to sort it out.” The cowardly teacher said.

I don't think so. Only the weak hide. Sophia thought and stood. “I'm going to my locker to get my coat.”

A bunch of people said that was a great idea and Sophia smiled at inadvertently leading them. The classroom door was opened after a few kicks to break the ice holding it in place and more than half of the class poured out into the hallway.

Sophia caught her breath as she stepped out of the classroom and into a winter wonderland. There was a foot of snow on the floor and swirls of wind from somewhere caused snow drifts to cover parts of the walls.

“What the fuck?” That same guy asked.

Sophia took out her cell phone and dialed the PRT number that she was only supposed to call in a dire emergency. She would get flack for it later if this didn't turn out to be an actual emergency and she didn't care.

There wasn't supposed to be a snowstorm inside the high school today. Sophia thought as the call connected. She typed in her security code and then the code for Cape Encounter and her location. Since she was using her civilian phone, it gained top priority.

*

Armsmaster was shaken out of his fugue when the priority alarm went off and he felt frustrated. He had finally figured out how to construct his next innovation for his weapon and now he had to delay it. He checked the alert and saw who it was from and where. Since he didn't want to leave at such a critical time, he shunted it off to his second in command, Miss Militia.

He would later regret it and also be happy about it, because he had saved his own life.

*

Miss Militia tried to not be angry at her boss for foisting this on her, even if the priority was as high as it was. He only gave it to her because he didn't want to deal with teenagers at a high school. She loved her job and she drove in the PRT van to the school. It was only about ten minutes away and she prepared her plan to infiltrate the school and find Shadow Stalker, get the sit-rep, and extract the Ward from the danger.

The vehicle pulled into the parking lot and drove over the sidewalk and right up to the expanse of doors at the front of the school. It skidded to a stop, surprising the driver and the occupants, and almost slammed into the school. The driver held his hands up and apologized for not seeing any ice.

Everyone hopped out of the van behind Miss Militia and she changed her weapon to a taser. She did her best to not slip and slide on the clear ice on the concrete and silently apologized to the driver. They reached the doors and had to use force to break the doors open. They had been frozen shut.

Once they were inside, Miss Militia checked her cell and followed the signal to where Sophia was. Or hoped she was. It was going to be difficult to search through... a cold breeze made them all shiver. Her mind asked her if that was really a three foot tall snowbank at the end of the hall and her eyes confirmed it. What the hell was going on here?

The group of PRT troopers pushed through the snow and stopped dead at the sight. In front of them was an array of five foot long ice spikes that jutted out from the row of lockers. That wasn't the shocking thing, though. It was the piles of students impaled on them with a certain dark-skinned girl that they were looking for at the front.

Miss Militia changed her weapon to a machete and started hacking at the ice. The squad rescued each student as she cut them free until she reached Sophia. “What's going on?”

Sophia held up her hand and pointed to a particular locker. A glob of blood flowed out of her mouth and her head flopped back as she passed out and her hand dropped.

“Get Sophia out of here!” Miss Militia ordered as she cut the girl free.

If Sophia had been conscious, she might have warned the hero to stay quiet, because the person inside the locker was still awake.

“NO! She's MINE!” A harsh voice screamed from inside the locker and ten foot spikes of ice shot out from the ground and skewered Miss Militia in three places, impaled Sophia from her crotch to the top of her head, and instantly killed five of the ten PRT squad members trying to rescue the students.

The screams of those left let the ice spikes target anyone still alive and a few seconds later, the quiet of the grave fell in the hallway and the temperature dropped even lower. It took another ten minutes before the metal of the locker was brittle enough and a white hand broke through it and the locker door shattered.

A very angry figure stepped out of the filth. If anyone was alive to see her, no one would have recognized her. Her long black curly hair that she was so proud of was a mix of ice-white and ice-silver instead. Her pale skin was now alabaster white and as hard as granite. Her eyes were different, too. Instead of the warm chocolate brown they used to be, they were now a mesmerizing ice-blue like a husky.

Those hard and haunting eyes looked over her handiwork and Sophia's body. Taylor felt satisfaction at getting revenge on one of her tormentors and then she noticed Miss Militia trying to protect her. It made her pause and wonder why a hero would show up, then she looked down and saw Miss Militia's and Sophia's phones.

Taylor knew then that Sophia Hess must have been Shadow Stalker and anger filled her. It explained everything. The cover-ups, the denials, the refusals to let her transfer. They wanted Taylor there to keep Sophia busy. She was the sacrifice to keep the rest of the school safe from the only Ward that didn't go to Arcadia High School.

Taylor picked up both phones and pocketed them. After a moment, she reached out and touched the two bodies. It took another few minutes to freeze them solid and she broke off their heads. She went to one of the PRT troopers and took off his tactical vest and used his shirt as a carry bag to wrap both heads in it.

With her new trophies secured, she grabbed another couple of shirts from the bodies and walked down the hallway to the classroom where she knew Emma and Madison were. She had a few more heads to add to her collection.

Unfortunately, the bell rang and ended the current class and the hallways were filled with obstacles that would try to stop her. Well, not for long. Nothing could stop the seasons from changing and Taylor was finally going to claim her due. No, not Taylor. Not anymore. Taylor Hebert was dead.

Winter was here.

****

Venom (before movie and comic canon)

Darkness. Filth. Corruption. It pressed around Taylor as her feeble attempts of escape from the locker finally ended. Her mind cracked open in what she thought were her final moments, then something... something other... slipped through. Instead of connecting to the Power she had been fated to wield, the Other latched unto her pain and anguish.

A black miasma seemed to flow out of nowhere and everywhere around Taylor. It was small tendrils at first, then flowed like water over her, over the contents of the locker, and over everything else inside. If anyone had been watching, they would have seen that utter blackness start to absorb everything.

Foreign things were consumed and added to the process that would make Taylor into the perfect host. Taylor was perfect, for she craved the company of another and the symbiote craved for a partner that would help and protect it. The thing's mind was barely sentient as the bonding commenced and it built upon the host's mentality and sunk inside the host's body.

*

Two weeks later, Taylor opened her eyes and the blackness flowed away and revealed her normal eyes. She sat up as if she hadn't just spent two weeks in a coma and she looked around at the hospital room she was in. She didn't wonder why she no longer needed her glasses and her bondmate gave her the tactile information necessary for her to dislodge the monitoring devices.

The loud constant beep of the heart machine flat-lining made her scream and her fist smashed into the machine and it flew across the room and crashed against the wall. The silence made Taylor relax and she calmed down just in time for the door to the room to open and a nurse ran inside. She gasped at seeing Taylor fully awake and the large machine crumpled against the wall.

Taylor sighed at her secret being so easily exposed and a black tendril shot out of Taylor's wrist and skewered the nurse right through the forehead. It took only a few moments for her to assimilate the woman's thoughts and what she would have done at the obvious cape being revealed. Instead of allowing that to happen, Taylor's bondmate absorbed the woman's glandular expulsions and then the tendril formed over the woman's head.

“How long?” Taylor asked and received a thought of an hour or so. She sighed and pulled the nurse over to the bed and stuffed her under the blanket as she climbed out of it. That would give anyone else that came in a few moments to wonder if it was Taylor under the blanket and she sat down on the other side of the bed and away from the door.

Thankfully, no one else chose to come and investigate why Taylor's vitals weren't showing up. It let Taylor know that the nurse was the only one on shift at the time and she had plenty of time to deal with things before she had to flee from both the destruction in the room and the accidental murder.

Over the next hour, her partner absorbed the extra biomass and Taylor felt herself fill out and become a much better version of herself. Her chest expanded and her thin frame almost ballooned out to create muscles and tendons that made her a low level Brute. Her intelligence was barely touched, despite the nurse being smart in her own right. The knowledge gained only accentuated what Taylor already knew.

Taylor left the decomposed bones under the blanket as her partner let her assume the nurse's outfit as if it had been a part of her. She walked out of the room and no one questioned her as she went to the desk, checked the computer to delete her entry and stole the woman's keys from her jacket. She left the hospital and drove the stolen car to one of the rundown parts of the city near the Docks.

Instead of doing the smart thing, Taylor parked in the driveway behind her father's pickup at her home. She had gotten the details from the computer that the idiot had signed off on the rights to sue the school to cover the medical bills, which pissed her off. The trio of bitches had tried to kill her and her own father wouldn't support her in her time of need.

Taylor entered the house and went up the stairs to his bedroom, saw that he was asleep, and a tendril shot out and stabbed him right in the forehead. After ten minutes, she made a growling sound at the coward and wasn't gentle as she sucked him completely dry of fluids and left a mummified husk in the bed.

He had intentionally ignored her as he took care of everyone else in the Dockworkers Union. He let her suffer for a year and a half because he was too scared to face his own failure at not taking care of her when she desperately needed it, and her anger at him, and her situation, boiled within her. She needed to do something destructive and she needed to do it right now!

Taylor screamed and she was covered in black fluid as her body expanded into a large muscular form that made her look like the world's most prolific bodybuilder. Her solid black face changed and formed two large white eyes and a mouth split apart and revealed jagged teeth and a long prehensile tongue.

In the next moment, she screamed again and used her overlarge fists to pound into everything inside the house. Her rampage didn't end until she stood outside the structure and watched as it teetered on the bare frame that was left after her tantrum. Her breathing was ragged as she reached out with a large black hand and pushed. The roof fell down and crushed what was left of the house.

Taylor stood there with a feeling of both satisfaction and loss. She knew she overreacted and she was sure there was no way for her to hide, not after that huge of a display, and she let her partner conceal her and she faded into the background as she walked off into the night. She had no idea her other half had a chameleon power and she silently thanked it for being so versatile.

*

Sophia Hess woke up when she felt something touch her. She didn't know what it was and she reached for her crossbow to deal with it, only for her hand to grasp at nothing. Her breathing quickened as she sat up and looked around the darkness of her room.

I should thank you for killing me.” A gravelly voice said out of the darkness. “But, I won't.

Before Sophia could do anything, she felt something sharp stab her through the forehead. Her eyes widened as a seven foot tall muscular female stepped out of the darkness.

Your brain is interesting, Sophia. Let's see what I can learn from it.

An hour later, Sophia died without realizing she was the one responsible for releasing the worst threat to ever exist upon the unsuspecting residents of Brockton Bay. A shadowy figure with much more knowledge than it should have had, flowed out through the previous cape's window as smoke.

It disappeared into the night to hunt down the other people that were responsible for its creation and the symbiote rejoiced as its partner let it learn powers that would keep them safe.

****

Magneto

Taylor suffered for almost an hour inside the locker before she broke and unmitigated power flooded through her. She woke up in the locker as her new senses shook her and she suddenly knew things. She also felt things. She didn't know what they were, only that she was surrounded by them.

It took her several minutes before she figured out that it was because her fingers were touching the sides of the locker. The things she could feel were metals and the imperfections inside the composites used to form the locker. She didn't question why she could tell that the alloy was improperly mixed and she didn't care at the moment.

All she cared about was that she needed to escape!

The sound of wrenching metal echoed through the hallways of Winslow High and Taylor stepped out of her locker. The filth clung to her and she stared at it, her new senses giving her more ideas on how to use her new powers. She reached out mentally and a hot water pipe in the ceiling tore through and Taylor sighed as the water covered her and washed away the grime she had been covered in.

Some shreds of metal pulled out of the torn locker door and cut away her filthy clothes and they dropped to the floor, leaving her naked. She waved her hand at the row of lockers and all of the doors tore off and turned and twisted into long thin strips that were barely a hair's width wide and weaved together to form cloth as thin and flexible as spandex. Necessity was the mother of invention.

A few minutes later, Taylor wore a costume that covered her from neck to foot that was made of metal. She used the remains of her locker door to form a helm that covered her head and most of her face, leaving only her eyes and mouth exposed, because she didn't have any glass or goggles available.

She didn't like the color of the original yellow metal, so a judicious application of her power changed the metal composition to reflect the colors she wanted. Red was used for the helm and royal purple for the bodysuit. She looked very nice, if she did say so herself, and stood there as she thought about what she was going to do, now that she had powers.

Taylor had always wanted to be a hero and she thought about it, she seriously thought about it, and remembered how the PRT and the Protectorate handled new capes. She made her choice to become a Ward and walked towards where she knew Sophia and Emma had a class. She would bring her tormentors that caused her trigger to the PRT and would let them deal with the criminals.

As soon as Taylor opened the door to the classroom, there was an immediate reaction.

“VILLAIN CAPE!” Sophia screamed when she saw Taylor's face through the helm. “Taylor's going to kill us all!”

Taylor stood there in shock as everyone panicked, even the teacher, and most of them tried to open the room's windows to escape. A few chairs were used to break the ones that wouldn't open and they kicked out the screens. Taylor's hopes for the future plummeted when she saw Sophia's smug look and the bitch used her cell phone to call the Parahuman Response Team, or PRT, to report her 'attack'.

In a fit of anger, Taylor reached out with her power and crushed Sophia's phone. “You call me a villain after everything you did to me?” She asked the shocked black girl and the metal frame of the window shot out and wrapped around her. “Let's see what the PRT says when they learn the truth!”

Everyone else was fleeing and there was no one else around, so Sophia outed herself and changed to smoke to escape the metal prison.

“I don't think so, Hebert! Who are they going to believe? A delinquent and troublemaker that makes tons of false accusations or one of their own Wards? I'm going to fucking ruin you!” Sophia said with a laugh and ran off. “VILLAIN CAPE! HELP! SHE'S AFTER ME FOR TRYING TO SAVE HER!”

Taylor stared out the torn out window as the sneaky bitch ran away. “Well, fuck.”

27