Act 10: Together
41 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     Before I headed back home to the Inn Kei told me to head to the nearby markets as they were having a sale. I decided to buy some fresh fruits which included bananas, coconuts, apples and oranges to give Hotaru a treat when I got back.

 

“I wonder if Hotaru and Nagisa would enjoy these.” I thought as I entered the cozy Inn. 

 

    I was immediately greeted and welcomed by Nagisa.

 

“Welcome back Itsuki how was you’re day?” He asked looking as cheerful as ever.

 

“Today was a good day thanks for asking, anyway do you wanna have these? I bought them from a sale at the markets nearby” I asked while offering him the basket with some bananas.

 

“Oh My! Yes please I love bananas!!” The little guy ecstatically jumped at the opportunity with his eyes sparkling.

 

“Anyway have you seen Hotaru, I wanna give her these oranges and coconuts and I need to discuss something with her.”

 

     After the formalities were done Nagisa said that Hotaru was at her room to which I immediately went and knocked at her door.

 

“Who is it?” She questioned from inside.

 

“Hotaru, It’s Itsuki I need to discuss something with you so Open the door.” I raised my voice enough so she can hear and recognize me.

 

“It’s unlocked come in.” Hotaru replied back

 

“. . . . . .” I sighed before entering.

 

“So what’s up?” she asked while resting on her bed while Nugget is on her head.

 

“First, I brought some fresh fruits over from the market sale so let’s share them, second you really gotta lock that door when you’re alone and lastly, A few acquaintances from town and I discussed “our circumstances...”

 

“Yes, Yes whatever you say Itsuki, I’ll be sure to lock the door nextime so bring those apples over here!” She smugly replied.

 

     I locked the door behind me before sitting next to her bed placing the basket of oranges, coconuts and apples next to me.

 

“I brought bananas too but Nagisa really liked them so I gave them up.”

 

“That’s fine! I just want the apples and oranges.”

 

     After settling in We started eating the apples and oranges I brought, and opened 2 coconuts to have some refreshments.

 

“Alright, the last thing I want to discuss is this.” It was time for her to address what she did earlier this morning.

 

“Wh-What is it?” She seemed to have been taken aback by what I just said.

 

“So why did you kiss my forehead earlier?” I said with a straight face trying to hide my embarassment.

 

     Her reaction was exactly how I expected it, she went as red as a cherry-tomato and immediately avoided eye contact and has started fidgeting.

 

“We- Well… I thought you… stayed out waiting for me and I felt a bit… special.” She shyly muttered and covered her beet red face with Nugget whom seems to be struggling to get away.

 

“I… I understand.” I didn’t know how to respond to her words.

 

     I didn’t exactly take compliments from other people that seriously but hearing them from Hotaru just feels different. I guess even I felt embarrassed? awkward? flattered? from her own words than she did.

 

     I think that both of us immediately knew that the atmosphere got really tense. I really need to get back on topic.

 

“A-anyway… back to the serious topic Lugh and a friend of his have asked me about “our circumstances,” Here I admitted that We aren’t from this world and they asked for us to accompany back at the shipwreck.”

 

“So what you’re saying is that they might be able to help us get back home? This might be our only chance, Alright let’s try this out, tell me when we’re going so I can prepare.” She asked curiously and hopeful.

 

“The agreement was a few days from now around 3-4 days, the meet up is at the Soft Buns bakery near the library and market that I work at it shouldn’t be that long to schedule around that. I answered her.

 

“Alright, I’ll ask Nagisa for a few days off.”

 

"That's all the things I came to discuss, So I'll be going back to my room now alright? You can keep the fruits." I  said while getting up.

 

"Hey... Can you stay over the night. It feels lonely a bit" she shyly muttered.

 

     From the words she told me, I guess that nugget was mostly quiet and not talkative despite being a parrot.

6