Act 12: Kianna’s Soft buns
57 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     Both of us had a day off today so we could plan what to do in 3-4 days when we explore the old ship, tomorrow I will be going with Ms Kei at the Ragnivindr Tavern, the very same one that Hotaru visited on her own day off.

 

     Our preparations for the meetup with Sora and Lugh didn’t take that long, We took our showers quickly and dressed up. I wore my black shirt, crimson coat, and navy blue pants but Hotaru wore a high-waist corset with short sleeves, long-knee socks, and a capelet. 

 

     We then headed for Lugh’s Soft Buns or more specifically “Kianna’s Soft Buns.” The walk to the bakery was very awkward considering what happened earlier this morning, It was “quiet” even for me and Hotaru. 15 minutes later We finally arrived at the bakery, to our surprise we were the first ones there However we did see Kianna from the outside.

 

“Itsuki, the baker looks familiar,” Hotaru noted

 

“Hm… Why so have the two of you met before?” I asked.

 

“Well, she looks like the girl I saw when I went to the tavern the other day, she was with Lugh and his boyfriend.” She responded.

 

“Boyfriend?” I got confused stopped by who is she talking about and took a pause from walking.

 

“What’s wrong Itsuki?” She seemed concerned.

     Who the heck is she talking about?  Last I recall it looked like Kianna was Lugh’s girlfriend according to Sora… is Lugh cheating on Kianna!? In any case, it’s none of our business… wait hold on!!  Hotaru said Lugh was walking with Kianna and a tall guy… Last I remember there ain’t many people who are taller than Lugh, Could it be that she's… She’s talking about Sora!?

 

     Needless to say, a light bulb went up my mind.

 

“It’s nothing, let’s just greet her…” I responded to her as we continued walking.

 

“Uh… Sure…” 

 

“Good Morning Kianna!” I shouted and waved just loud enough for her to hear us from around 15 meters away.

 

“Good morning Itsuki!” She shouted back while waving happily a she exited the bakery to greet us.

 

“Is Lugh and Sora not here yet?” I inquired.

 

“Not yet, Lugh can lose track of time often and Sora is probably busy fixing his hair! Oya~ Oya~ Whos this beautiful girl next to you Itsuki?” she smugly announced before asking who was the girl next to me.

 

“This is Hotaru, she was the girl I mentioned yesterday during the talk with Lugh and Sora,” I explained.

 

“Ah~ I see! Well glad to meet’cha Hotaru!” Kianna gleefully accepted Hotaru.

 

“Hi Ms Kianna, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Hotaru returned the gleeful introduction.

 

    Even Though Kianna looked younger than both of us, mostly due to her being a “Babyface and her height being 5’3” she was in fact older than me and is the same age as Hotaru.

 

     It has really been a while since I last saw Hotaru be this optimistic, I can only guess the inner turmoil she must have been feeling this past month.

 

     After the introductions were over we headed over inside the bakery to which Kianna let us sit at the same table for 4 people that I, Sora, and Lugh occupied yesterday which was marked with a reserved sign.

 

“Anyway Kianna, what time can we expect Lugh and Sora to come by?”

 

“Oya~? Well Lugh should be on his way now since I doubt He’d let our guests wait for long, would you two like anything to eat while you wait?”

 

“Oh it’s alright we already had breakfast before coming here, We’ll be sure to call if we do need something” I politely declined

 

“Squawk!! Nugget wants breadcrumbs!” Nugget shouted poking her face of a handbag that Hotaru carried.

 

“Oh My! That bird is sooo Cute!!!!” Kianna was astonished!

 

“Her name is Nugget, and she shouldn’t be here!”

 

“Huh, why not!?” Kianna got confused.

 

“Well she’s supposed to be back at the inn with Nagisa, Nugget how are you here?” I questioned.

 

“Squaaawwwkkk Nugget hid in Hotaru’s bag while she wasn’t looking!”

 

“Right…” I sighed.

 

“Breadcrumbs! Breadcrumbs!” Nugget Cheered.

 

“Nugget? Are you even able to eat?” Hotaru budged in with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Squawwwwwkk! Yes, Nugget enjoys breadcrumbs! It helps Nugget get Nugget’s battery back up!”

 

“Hold on then how come you haven’t eaten anything this past month or since we found you back at the ship!?” Hotaru held Nugget with her hands and placed Nugget on the table.

 

“Squaaawwwwk!!! Nugget goes dormant mode a lot!”

 

“Dormant mode? Is that why you’re always asleep then suddenly pop out of nowhere!?” Hotaru curiously asked to which Nugget nodded happily.

 

“Alright enough with this, Kianna please give her a small bowl of breadcrumbs, I'm paying.” I groaned while taking my wallet out.

 

“It’s on the house! Nugget is too cute to make you pay up!” Kianna happily fetched Nugget’s snacks.

 

“. . . . At least let us pay a bit…” I muttered before she could hear.

4