Act 16: Date and Rumors
53 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What a chaotic way to start a date night… Kei had upgraded our spot and has gotten us a large table so everyone has decent space amongst each other. Hotaru was correct when she said for a tavern this place also acted as a fancy restaurant due to the dimly lit lighting.

Hotaru and Kei seemed to get along very well together, that was a relief to me, however… Nugget and Caesar were very chaotic!

Caesar was eating a whole lot of Meat including; chicken wings, shrimps, crabs, and beef ribs, Meanwhile nugget was only munching down on bread crumbs again…

“These guys have no sense of shame….” I sighed

“Hah! Civil Shmivil! A true man has no Shame!” Caesar clapped back at me.

At least Hotaru and Kei were somewhat civil until they started drinking wine together…

“Itsukiiiii!!!!!” Groaned Hotaru after over-drinking alcohol.

“What?”

“Give~ Back massaagggeeeee~~” Hotaru moved like a sunflower in the wind

“Only when we get home.”

“Awwww~~~~ You’re no fuuuunnnnnn~~~~~” She rested her head on the table and accidentally shoved one of the bowls of fruits

“. . . . . .”

“Is something wrong Itsuki dear~? You are being quieter than usual.” Ms Kei asked while somewhat intoxicated and continued enjoying a glass of the needlessly expensive wine.

“It’s nothing, I’m just feeling secondhand embarrassment from Hotaru here already very intoxicated.”

“Heyyy!! That’s very meeeeaaannnn~~!!! Hotaru with tears in her eyes pouted as her cheeks got redder than before and slammed the glass of wine softly on the table.

“Ahaha~ I’m sure he doesn’t mean it Hotaru~” Kei giggled as she started eating some of the grilled fish and potatoes.

“Hmph~!!!” Hotaru crossed her arms, pouted and turned away before passing out on Kei’s lap and got a head rubs from her.

I had to admit it was rather adorable to see Hotaru be this flushed… but being in a public place like this really escalated my secondhand embarrassment…

“Is your girlfriend always like that?” asked Caesar stuffing his mouth with meatballs and shrimps.

“She’s only like that when she’s drunk-” I replied while sipping some juice until I realized what he said and accidentally dropped the glass of juice and barely caught it in my hands.

“Ahahhah~~~!!! What’s wrong Itsuki? Can’t let yourself get embarrassed in front of ye’r Girlfriend?” Caesar laughed hard while resting his legs on the table.

“Alright listen here you fat cat! First of all, She’s- not my girlfriend!” I explained annoyedly.

“Mmmm~ Hmmm~~~” Caesar was eating more meatballs and shrimps.

“Second, We barely even spend time together because of our different jobs!”

“Well she did say she liked you~” Whispered Caesar.

“HUh?”

Nothing! I said you should eat more!!” Caesar shouted offering grilled fish and meatballs.

“R-Right thank you….” I thanked him for the bowl he offered.

What is this guy hiding from Me…

From my peripheral vision I saw that Nugget was perched on the table asleep. Meanwhile, Hotaru was still down for the count while resting on Kei’s lap getting head rubs like a puppy.

“Itsuki have you heard about the recent rumors?” asked Kei who seemed to be able to handle alcohol quite well.

“Rumors? About what?”

“There seems to be many rumors spreading around town recently, that pirates have been spotted scouting the waters near this island more often recently and that the people should be careful of getting pillaged.”

“Pirates?” I and Caesar said in unison while he was busy stuffing himself.

My eyes widened at the revelation. I had a looming sense of dread when Hotaru and I first got to this island! Was that sense of some kind of danger warning me about this? That can’t be it, right?

“Kei. Please tell me that these “rumors” are just that, rumors without any realism!”

“Oh dear~ for all I know they can be true or not~ After all, I know how I can defend myself~” She confidently spoke while putting on a necklace that highly resembled a “Hydro Emblem.”

“...... Could you also be….?” I muttered.

“An emblem holder~? Of course I’am~!”

That’s now 5 people I know who were emblem holders! The others were Lugh with a geo earring emblem, Sora with an electro necklace emblem, Kianna with a pyro ring emblem and… last but certainly least Caesar with a ring emblem that has no element which he just uses to smack people harder!

How in god’s blazes did Hotaru and I find so many good people to be around?

Was that just our luck? Or We were simply at the right place at the right time? I’m just grateful to be associated with them…

“Itsuki~ dear~ re you alright there? You seem lost in thought” Kei questioned while tapping my shoulder.

“Ah yes, I’m doing just fine… I was just… taken aback by the rumors you said… yeah… that’s all…”

“That’s good then~” Kei poured me a glass of wine which I only took small sips off initially.

I don’t get it! These are just rumors so why is this bothering me so badly… I couldn’t help but feel like this island was about to get raided and pillaged! Was it my attachment to the people here? Or it’s because this was the only place I could call home now that Hotaru and I were trapped!

I clenched one of my fists at the thought of losing this place…

“Itsukiiiiiii~~~~~ Buy me a teddy bear!!!!” Hotaru suddenly grabbed me by the shoulders, she was still intoxicated.

“I’ll do it tomorrow….”

“Yayyyyy~~~!”

Rumors or not… I’m not letting this place be taken from us!

Hours have passed and It was finally time to say split up with Ms Kei and say our goodbyes.

We walked her back to the library which was very close to her home. While Caesar carried Nugget and I carried Hotaru on my back as We headed our way back to the inn.

“Itsuki are you okay buddy?” Caesar asked while we walked the streets back home.

“I… i don’t know exactly…”

“Why?”

“Those rumors Kei said earlier have bothered my sense of thought! It felt like it was some kind of prediction of what will eventually happen to this town.”

“Come on man!? You don’t actually believe any of that now do ya~!?”

“Sorry. But I do believe all of it… Caesar, If that “rumor” suddenly comes to pass are you willing to help protect this island we call home to the bitter end?”

“What’s with that inspirational speech you yapping!?”

“Ugh- Come on! I was trying to be inspirational here!”

“Hahaha! Of course, I’m willing to fight for my home! What am I a pussy?

“You’re half one,” I said smugly.

“Touche…”

We finally arrived at the inn and it was time to split off again.

“Thank you for the talk earlier Caesar.”

“You’re welcome, man! That’s why Brothers Exist!”

“Right.”

We shook each other’s hands. He placed Nugget inside my backpack and I headed back to Hotaru’s room, placed her on her bed, gave her a kiss on the forehead and headed back to my room.

“I wonder if there’s a way to deter pirates, or better yet go kill them and take their belongings for our own…

4