Chapter 1: A hunt begins
118 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     We were resting at the side of the town’s gate huddled around 15 meters from the actual gate to avoid getting in the way of the other players that were entering and leaving.

 

“So first order of business, Do you guys actually think hunting down an allosaurus wouldn’t just waste our time?” Hakura questioned Senko’s motivation to hunt down an allosaurus.

 

“Well it shouldn’t be that hard if all of us ganged up on it four to one- OUCH!!!” Senko proudly announced only to get pinched in the ear by Amber.

 

“What is your problem!!??”

 

“Are you drunk even in game!? You mean to tell us that you planned for us 4 to hunt down a large carnivore with our beginner gear!?”

 

     Amber was pulling hard on her brother’s ear scolding him for wanting us to get reckless on this mission.

 

“Alright how about this, what if for now we grind out the low level mobs to at least try to gain levels up to 8 to 12, because I heard the lowest levels that allosaurus can be is around level 15 to 18.”

 

     I chimed in to stop the siblings from fighting and causing a commotion in town.

 

“Ugh! Fineeeee I guess it can’t be helped…” Senko whined and accepted the plan instead.

 

     It was settled, We mapped out the beginner area and started heading out the stone bridge that connects the beginner town to the wild areas. The town was isolated from the wild areas via a large blue moat which makes the beginner town very relaxing and soothing.

 

     While walking the stone bridge together as a group I couldn’t help but appreciate the games cell shaded artstyle, the sun was shining very brightly illuminating the road ahead of us, the game’s landscapes was simply gorgeous to look at….

 

    It took roughly 3 minutes to pass the bridge  and left the town’s safezone barrier, and before we knew it we were at a lush green fields where dinosaurs grazed.

 

“Woah~ there so many wildlife and the fields are so beautiful!” Hakura was amazed by the leve of graphics and fidelity the game shown.

 

“Look over there! So many dinosaurs!” Amber was admiring the dinosaurs while me and Senko looked at each other trying to scout the area around us.

 

     The dinosaurs in this area seemed to be the sauropods: Apatosaurus, Camarosaurus, brontosaurus, the stegosaurs: Lexovisaurus and stegosaurus and even some iguanodons and stegoceras while pretosaurs and birds soared from the skies down to the land.

 

     I noticed that the sauropods were grazing from trees and some were taking a swim, the stegosaurs seem to be minding their business while stegoceras were headbutting fighting for dominance.

 

“Do you think We should’ve done this alone? Hakura and amber might get scared if we encounter a carnivore Y’know” Senko sent me a private message

 

“I can’t exactly comment on that, because we all bought the game together so it’s only fair for us to all experience it together” was my response.

 

“How about this You cover my sister’s back while I cover Hakura” 

Senko suggested and I sent him a thumbs up emoji.

 

“Alright for now~ let’s look for the easiest dinosaurs to take down as a group, preferably something us 4 can gang up on.” I announced to my team.

 

“Agreed.” Hakura and Senko said while amber nodded.

 

“Everyone use the area scan feature so we know what creatures are nearby.” Hakura suggested

 

     We all activated the scan feature and saw that the low level dinosaurs we can fight on our own or as a group were Heterodontosaurs and Hypsilophodont.

 

“Alright let’s deduce which specific one we should hunt down.” Senko suggested.”

 

“We can hunt down the Pisanosaurus, Heterodontosaurus, and Echinodon although it wont give much exp for groups because they are too tiny, but We can try our shot on Hypsilophodon, Dryosaurus and Thescelosaurus or even the parkosaurus.”

 

     Those dinosaurs were the size of large dogs or monkeys which would let us gang up on some of them one at a time. Their mouths resembled bills and beaks so We still had to watch out…

 

     Dryosaurus was a herbivore that lived in the Jurassic period and inhabited North America. Its fossils have been found in places such as South Dakota, Colorado and North Rhine-Westphalia. Dryosaurus earned its name from the oak shaped teeth of its mouth, a marked characteristic of herbivorous dinosaurs that fed on lush vegetation. It also featured a beak at the front of the mouth which would have been used for cropping off parts of plants. 

 

Parksosaurus is usually treated as a hypsilophodont dinosaur‭,‭ ‬and as with others of its kind,‭ ‬swift speed and agility were key to the survival of the individual.‭

 

     ‬With this in mind,‭ ‬the larger predators of the time such as large tyrannosaurs like adult Albertosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex probably did not even bother with smaller dinosaurs like Parksosaurus.‭ ‬However,‭ ‬troodonts,‭ ‬such as the Troodon genus itself would themselves have been swift and deadly,‭ ‬and certainly capable of taking down a Parksosaurus,‭ ‬especially from an ambush.

 

“Raise your hand if you vote dryosaurus and keep them to your side if you vote parkosaurus.” Senko proudly announced while raising his hand and only I seem to want to fight Dryosaurus….

 

“Tough Crowd.” I joked.

 

“I guess were splitting up huh?”

 

“Yeah…” Senko agreed.

 

“For now let’d meet up at this dead log, Mark it on your maps so we dont get lost.”

 

     We then split up in pairs and started tracking the dryosaurus and parkosaurus respectively.

5