Chapter 6: Babysitting my best friend
51 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     After the exhaustive game session the 4 of us did when Kyoryu online released we barely touched the game for 2 days, I was currently “Babysitting” Kana, because her brother Senko weaseled out of accompanying her during her morning runs so He could spend some time in a “Cheap booze Exhibit” while Haruka was missing in action due to her outing and which I ended up as the extra body that Kana dragged along.

 

     I was at the park watching over Kana’s morning jogging, it was 4:50 am and I felt so tired waking up so early.

 

“Sigh… Why did I let Senko convince me to join you…” I thought to myself while sitting on a bench waiting for Kana to finish her jog. And before I knew it she was aiming her phone at me trying to take a selfie together.

 

“Say Cheeeeeese~!!” Kana urged me to smile so she can start taking 30 different selfies of us together.

 

     Kana had a fairly length light orange-blonde hair which were fashioned into side pony tails, she was wearing a pink tracksuit top which was given to her by Haruka during her birthday a while ago,

and navy blue shorts that reached just above her knees, white socks and lastly a pair of red and white running shoes.

 

“Can you STOP THAT!?” I yelled.

 

     Unfortunately for her, I don’t enjoy taking selfies at all, let alone dozens upon dozens of them.

 

“Just smile!” She was aiming her phone at me from different angles.

 

“I refuse.” I covered my face with both my hands.

 

“Aww~ come on! Don’t be such a stinker!” She angrily pouted while trying to shake my hands of my face.

 

“Do you not have anything else better to do? It’s only 5:30 am!!!” I complained.

 

“Come on!! You wouldn’t let a young lady go out this early all on her lonesome now would you?” She tried to at cutely.

 

“The same young lady We’re talking about has also bench pressed 4 men twice her size during her martial arts lessons and also carried 3 people on her back while trekking through a steep hill!”

 

     I retorted back as Kana was very capable of defending herself due to her martial arts experience and the time she carried Me, Haruka and Senko on a steep hill.

 

“Hehe~ no need for flattery~” She pridefully snickered.

 

“Anyway what’s the real reason we went out to the park this early, you clearly already finished your morning run 4x over already.”

 

“Well~~~ I don’t really like running all alone in the dark!” She shyly responded.

 

“Why? Are you afraid that a carnotaurus would jump out and ambush you?” I asked.

“*Gasp* How did you know!? Are you a psychic!? Can you read minds?? Come on tell me!!!!!!” She yelled curiously.

 

“What? No I just took a shot in the dark!”

 

“Liar!! I dare you to guess what im thinking about right now!”

 

     She grabbed both my shoulders and shook me for roughly 5 minutes trying to get me to fess up.

 

“You’re thinking about how I’m guessing your every thought when your a very simple person to predict!”

 

“Wrong! I was thinking about those very delicious and long Chocolate Bananas in vanilla pudding!!!!”

 

“. . . . . .” I want to hit her so bad.

 

     The sun was rising slowly and it’s no longer as dark out here in the park where I accompanied Kana.

 

“Hey, do you wanna grab breakfast together?” I suggested

 

“Oh sure! Let’s go to a nearby convenience store and eat there!” 

 

     Before I knew it she quickly grabbed my hand and started running as if I was barely weighing her down.

 

     For what felt like 3 minutes, Kana was holding on to my hand, running at full speed while dragging me along the streets as if She wasn’t even carrying a second body along with her until we finally arrived at a convenience store called “Heru-Shiina.”

4