Chapter 9: Coelophysis and a stranger
51 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m not confident about this….”

 

     I finished scanning the map of the location of the Coelophysis group, there were 6 of them in total, and they were around the levels of 9 to 16 meanwhile I’m on level 12.

 

“Someone please convince me to not do this…” I thought while heading directly for the small group.

 

     I picked up several sticks and pebbles on the way so that I didn’t have to aimlessly use my pistol and short sword. Why exactly did I pick pebbles and sticks? It’s because coelophysis was very slender with hollow limbs meaning blunt force weapons that do blunt force damage would be the best course of action to use against them, the second reason was because my short sword is a “slash” type weapon meanwhile my pistol or handgun is a “piercing” type weapon.

 

     The other reason I picked up sticks is to craft a slingshot to fight at a ranged distance.

 

“There they are… I’m about to fucking die aren’t I?” I tried to be optimistic about fighting a group of overgrown featherless chickens the size of pitbulls.

 

     I was finally far enough to them to where they couldn’t detect me while simultaneously close enough to do a surprise attack.

 

“. . . . .Go!” I immediately used a sling shot that shot off 4 pebbles that got the attention of the Coelophysis group, there were 6 of them and ranged from levels 9 to 16

 

     2 of my pebbles missed and 2 hit, one struck a coelophysis on the neck the other on a leg, that was a good enough for me as the slender lizard things are now somewhat crippled from the initial attack!

 

“Now that’s what I’m talkin- gagh!”

 

     I got hit from the side by a coelophsyis I wasn’t able to detect, apparently there was a 7th I missed.

 

“Stubborn little shits!”

 

     I shot another pebble while I got knocked to my side but unfortunately It missed!

 

“Tch! Damn it!”

 

     I fell on my butt with my back against a log, the same compy lunged at me but fortunately that was predictable, I took my pistol and fired directly at it’s head as I rolled out of the way and got back up immediately.

 

“Shit….”

 

     I was already surrounded by 4 of the remaining 6 dinosaurs because the ones I struck on the initial attack was dead from the headshot while the other had it’s leg incapacitated. There was no other option other than fighting all of the remaining 4 head on!

 

                    Coelophysis

 

“. . . . . . Go!”

 

     I mustered my strength as one of the Coelophysis leaped at me, which got its neck slashed open by my short sword.

 

“3 More to g-”

 

     I got interrupted by the remaining 3 which knocked me down face first.

 

“Now’s not the time for this!”

 

     I strengthened my body and used my arms as a shield to guard my face as the last 3 leaped on me and started pecking and gnawing at my arms and abdomen which my reinforced leather armor was barely blocking.

 

“No!”

 

     I tried to roll but the dinosaurs blocked the way and started trying to peck my eyes out. One of the dinosaurs suddenly started chirping loudly.

 

“Th-there calling for help!?”

 

     I quickly checked my health points and I was at 48%, the leather armor was barely doing jack squat against 3 coelphysis!

 

     I was In shock I couldn’t let these guys start calling for help so I mustered any strength I had to knock them off and got back up.

 

“That’s enough!”

 

     I pulled my pisto and head shot one of the 3 coelophsyis which alerted the remaining 2.

 

“Damn… These guys are a pain…”

 

     I prepared my short sword and pistol.

 

“No more games-”

 

     A Utahraptor suddenly leaped above me and killed one of the coelophysis and mauled the other’s face off.

 

     Utahraptor is a genus of large dromaeosaurid dinosaur that lived during the Early Cretaceous period from around 135 to 130 million years ago in what is now the United States.

 

     The Dinosaur has long been recognized as the world's largest dromeosaur. Utahraptor is the largest of all raptor dinosaurs. It is also the oldest of this family, living approximately 125 million years ago.

 

It was a heavily built, ground-dwelling, bipedal carnivore. It contains a single species, Utahraptor ostrommaysi, which is the largest-known member of the family Dromaeosauridae, measuring about 5–5.5 metres (16–18 ft) long and weighing around 250–350 kilograms (550–770 lb).

 

                          Utahraptor Pictures & Facts - The Dinosaur Database

 

“What the hell is a Utahraptor doing in the fields of a starter town?” I spoke out loud.

 

“Because it’s my personal tame!” Said someone from behind me.

 

     I quickly turned around to face who this was.

 

“And Who are you supposed to be.” I questioned while holding my pistol but unaimed.

 

     Behind me was a boy that stood about 5’7, He had blonde hair, a crop top with brown overcoat, white pants, black shoes and a cowboy hat. Accompanying him were 3 more utahraptors and a girl with elf ears, she had dark tanned skin, silver hair, red eyes, large breasts and was dressed as a maid.

 

“. . . . .” I didn’t know how to handle this group.

 

“Call Me, Diego…. I’m from the Enrico Clan” His voice was very flamboyant and elegant like a desperate prince needing attention from mommy and daddy.

 

“My name is Ryuki, and whose that person next to you?” I 

 

     Something in my gut told me that this man wasn’t someone that I should be trusting…

 

“Oh her~? Well she's my secretary!”

 

     I noticed their personal levels were level 19 while the utahraptors they brought with them were in the level 20s, there was no way this guy was a normal player!

 

I don't own the illustrations

4