Chapter 10; Vengeance with Ties that bind
60 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     There was a sense of bloodlust coming off of this man, it’s like he didn’t save me from the Coelophysis out of the goodness of his heart, I can feel something sinister is coming from him.

 

“Low-level players like ourselves shouldn’t have tames on the categories of Utahraptors. There’s was definitely something off with you.” I called him out.

 

     His blue eyes had a glint of cold aloof, it didn’t seem like my words even fazed him, could it be that he had heard these before?

 

“Answer Me. Most low-level players shouldn’t even be capable of having “Elite carnivores” for tames this early, the game is barely a few months or 2 old.”

 

“Big words coming from a low-life such as yourself~!”

 

“Low life? I see, you’re one of those people with a superiority complex to match his own ego.

 

“You can say that filthy worm, but I’ll have you know you’re under no basis to start interrogating me like I owe you rent!”

 

“Tch….” He was correct about that.

 

     To my surprise he just smirked, one of the only other ideas I have about him is he could be someone that has spent a lot of money on the game’s in-app purchases, but that strictly didn’t make sense, before I met up with my friends during the release I first checked out what in-app purchases this game had!

 

     Most of the many in-app purchases are just extra loot, such as materials that are easily farmable by grinding long enough, in-game currency, and building materials, nothing in the shop even hinted about! Not to mention that there are monthly limits to purchases, a player can only purchase around 10x a month and all material categories share that limitation.

 

“Ah! It seems like you have no more things to tell, I’ll see you later filthy low-life!”

 

“The Hell did you call me!?” I prepared my short sword to fight.

 

     The last idea I have of this guy is he is simply part of a clan that already has good tames, or that he originated from a different server such as Usa region but moved over to this area’s region.

 

     What I’m trying to say is that the game released early in the USA and European servers but late in Asia region meaning those other regions had a headstart due to the game only having 1 server.

 

“How brave of you to raise a sword at the person who saved your life, well I can easily revoke that safety I brought upon ya! Come face your demise!”

 

“Uh- First off you look like a cowboy yet you’re talking like royalty! Could it be that you’re compensating for  something you’re highness?”

 

“How dare you speak to master like that!?” The elf chick snapped.

 

“What are you gonna do about it then? Kill me? Bring it on!” I responded.

 

     The tension has really started escalating, I’am in no condition to even check my stats! The utahraptors had all started hissing at me as if they were preparing to gang up on me all at once!

 

“Ahahaha! What a jokester you are! I hate clowns!” He immediately pulled out 2 revolvers and started firing.

 

     I knew he had guns so I anticipated it and started rushing at his direction and slashing at the bullets he fired.

 

“Not bad for a low life!” He turned his back from me.

 

“Die!” I yelled.

 

      He let himself open, that was my shot! I bridged the distance between us, And as I was about to stab the back of his head. However, a sudden rush of paralyzing pain struck me. 

 

“Hah!” The elf chick jumped in front of the bastard and kicked me right at the gut causing me to break my momentum, and fall backward head first on the ground.

 

     I quickly rolled to the side and got up but…

 

“I’m not done ye-”

 

     One of the Utahraptors leaped on top of me, dug its sharp hooked claw into my guts, and started mauling my head!

 

“Ugggghh…!!!”

 

“Take what you deserve you ant! That’s what you deserved for releasing my test subjects!” Diego shouted while doing a flamboyant pose.

 

     It was extremely sudden, I was feeling an excruciating pain in my head and guts for what felt like an eternity! Its sharp teeth dug into my cranium until……

 

     My vision went dark and… “A You died screen” appeared in front of me and asked if I wanted to respawn.

 

“Yes.”

 

     I was back at the inn’s room that Senko, Kana, and Haruka rented. I started breathing heavily, that mauling I got from that dinosaur was extremely painful, like 2 cement doors closing in on your ball sack…. My vision also felt blurry and all I remembered was that man’s face.

 

“Wait! My Inventory!”

 

     I felt my mind spinning but I immediately went and clumsily opened up and checked my stuff. I somehow only lost half my food, and several farmable materials like wood, and water, and lastly my “Reinforced leather” was 80% dead.

 

“Well, that sucked.” I sighed before I started talking to myself as I remembered what that man told me while I was dying.

 

     Diego said that this was my punishment for releasing his test subjects! 

 

“Could it be… He was allied with the group of poachers that Haruka and I sabotaged!?”

 

“What are you doing here talking to yourself?” Senko’s voice was suddenly heard.

 

“Huh?” was all I could say because I felt very lightheaded from the experience.

 

     I turned around to see that Senko, Haruka, and Kana had all just logged in the game and appeared in the room with me.

 

“You’re all here… Good.” I muttered.

 

“Is something wrong Yuuki?” Kana went close to me and put her hands on my shoulders.

 

     She had concern in her eyes and was talking softly.

 

“It’s nothing Kana, Hey Haruka.”

 

“Yes, what’s wrong?”

 

“Those poachers we sabotaged… I think I just met their “true” boss.

 

     Her eyes widened and the look in her eyes turned to seriousness.

 

“What happened!? Tell me!” She started interrogating me.

 

“You see… I was hunting coelophysis earlier, I ended up getting swarmed when that guy’s utahraptor saved me.”

 

“A Utahraptor!?” all 3 of them shouted.

 

“Yeah, I confronted him about how he had multiple of them along with a personal dark elf chick bodyguard.

 

“Is she hot? Gagh!” Senko questioned before being smacked by Kana.

 

“Yes, She was very ho-” Haruka smacked my head.

 

“Back to the point” Haruka smiled with murder in her eyes.

 

“Y-yes ma’m… well Eventully…”

 

     I told them everything I knew and the look in their eyes got more concerned with each word I said.

 

“Yuuki…” Senko muttered while forming a fist.

 

     I couldn’t help but be wary of the atmosphere in the room all 3 of them looked enraged and distressed.

 

“All of you go cool down, I started the confrontation first, and suffered for it.” I sternly told them.

 

“That’s not what we’re angry about!” Kana yelled.

 

“...”

 

“We’re angry because that bastard went and killed you as if you were nothing but a bunch of worms inside dirt!” Haruka snapped with tears in her eyes..

 

“I’m fine okay. Just cool down for a while, then all of us are going out to explore okay?” I patted Haruka on the head.

 

“Yuuki look at me!” Senko voice broked.

 

“What is it brother?”

 

“All 4 of us. We’re gonna pay that son of a bitch back tenfold!

 

“Heh, I’ll take you up for that offer.”

 

     Knowing how much they cared for me is a confidence boost, the 4 of us always had each other’s back ever since we were little, we always gave each other a hard time but we never abandoned each other and being reassured of that was relieving.

4