Chapter • 1: My First Companion Is A Crazy Shard?!
423 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

••

In Skyblock Waifu Wars, the game I have found myself as a participant(Player) is a rather odd contest.

It starts with You and your chosen Waifu on your Skyblock with a Survival Kit.

The Skyblock is a special Demiplane that is a seemingly infinite and empty sky with a singular structure within it that houses all of us 1,000 Players. The structure is a 25-meter x 25-meter x 25-meter cube. The bottom half of the structure is solid sandstone and contains no ores, gems, or other materials. The top half consists of normal dirt. It contains enough nutrients to grow crops and is covered in grass except for a small pond that contains clean, drinkable water.

On the surface is also a single tree. This tree produces up to 5 large fruits a day. Each fruit provides enough nourishment to sustain an adult person for one day. These fruits rot 24 hours after being picked unless kept in a cold place, at which point they last for a week instead. Each fruit contains one seed that can be grown into a new tree that will bear fruit at the same rate. From the time of planting, it takes three weeks for the tree to grow to full maturation and start producing fruit. The tree's wood is mundane and soft enough that it can be cut using the provided tools.

When you first arrive on the Skyblock you will also find the Survival Kit(which I have found behind the tree), a wooden crate that contains a tent for two people, two sleeping bags, an ax, a shovel, a pick ax, a knife, flint & steel, ten emergency meals, and two canteens.

Aside from the structure's position being locked into place, the Skyblock follows normal laws of physics. The structure is not indestructible. Additions to the structure are subject to gravity unless some power or other means prevent it. The sky follows a 24-hour night/day cycle, but the climate is always moderate. Any kind of weather can occur including rain, snow, hail, or even tornadoes. Furthermore, Players have a guaranteed one month before their Protection Shield is taken away, allowing other Players to reach and kill them. Without the Protection Shield, dangerous weather effects appear, after which point it is random.

Moreover, all travel to and from our Skyblock is restricted to a weekly portal that will open up every seventh day from 00:00 to 23:59 to a random world. This portal is large enough to accommodate the passage of a human-sized being and will always open in the center of Skyblock.

Lastly - We, Players, will have access to the World as long as the portal is open. The portal will appear at a random spot, but relevant, spot within the setting and cannot be moved. We will have 24 hours to gather any resources we desire, including more Companions. Any members of your Companions(read as Harem) not on your Skyblock when the portal closes will be forcibly pulled back. As a penalty, the next portal will be open for 1 hour less for each Companion member teleported like this. If that would reduce the timer to below zero, the portal will not open and the remaining penalty time will be taken out of the next portal opening. Timers for penalties and portal schedules can be found on our Company Smart Device.

" At least they have had the decency to add a Rule Book."

Looking at the [Waifu Wars 101] rule page, I snorted. At the very least, I won't be flying blind.

" But, Companions?" I hummed and checked the Apps on my Company Smart Device(as it was called).

Inspecting the Apps, my eyes immediately landed on the [Gacha] and [Shop] opinions.

' They should be there, right?'

Needing to state my curiosity, I opened up the Shop opinion.

========================================================================

-One Ability Gacha Ticket(Free).

-One Tier 7 Companion Gacha Ticket(Free).

-Erza Scarlet(Tier 7 Companion): 120,000 WP(Waifu Points).

-Environment Shield(Tier 2 Item): A handheld device that projects a protective barrier that shields against physical and supernatural hazards and attacks - 12,000 WP.

-Tech Core(Tier 9 Item): This laptop provides step-by-step instructions to uplift any society's technology level by level from the Stone Age to Interstellar Travel - 620,000 WP.

--

Note: All Items change every week, so please step by next week Players~! Moreover, All Items are different for every Player.

========================================================================

' Holy shit!' My eyes widened at the last item,' This place sure doesn't play around, throwing overpowered stuff like that around.'

' Moreover...' Getting over my inner shock, my eyes were drawn to the top two items,' It's Free?'

[ Affirmative! All Players have a Free Tier 5 Companion Ticket and a Free Ability Ticket to get them started ]

' Tier 5?' My Ticket wasn't that. Mine was two levels higher.

' Is there a reason mine is Tier 7 instead of Tier 5?'

I know I'm not any special. How could the League of Legends addict who only knows how to use the microwave be special? I'm just another person who is relatively good at LoL with Yasuo.

[ You can thank your Patron for that ]

' Patron?' I blinked,' What do you mean?'

[ All 1,000 Players have a Patron and each grants different Powerups or Drawbacks ]

' You mean like a God?' I may be a High School dropout, but I know what that word means.

[ Affirmative! ]

' Could you-'

[ Negative. I can not give you the information on your Patron. You will have to find out yourself ]

My lips twitched. It seems the System must get these questions often. Why else would she sound so bored out of her mind?

' Patron aside,' I grinned like a kid at a candy store,' Can I use my Tickets already?'

[ Affirmative! Would you like to use them? ]

My smile got bigger hearing the System's voice. Now, she sounds a bit happier than before.

' Yes. But only use the Ability Ticket First.'

[ Right away! ]

Appearing out of thin air was a new screen. On the screen was a medieval treasure chest inside a rather dark and demonic forest.

Even though I wasn't there with the treasure chest, I shivered as a unfamiliar feeling washed over me. It felt like the forest was watching me. And if I fuck up, the forest will swallow me whole leaving nothing behind.

' Fuck! Who the bloody Hell is my Patron?!'

Withholding another shiver, I ordered looking at the Yes and No opinions under the treasure chest,' Yes.'

[ Ding! By using the Ability Ticket, you gained: Shaper(Worm) ]

" Say what?" I paled seeing what ability I got. I know who and what Shaper is. And I don't want anthropomorphized fragment of a Space-Whale inside my head!

[ Ability: Shaper.

Type of Ability: Shard.

Original World: Earth-Bet - Wormverse.

Shaper Description: You are a master of biology and life in all its forms and functions. You are capable of complete control and manipulation of all organic material within a touch, and also sense and understand every detail about it down to the atomic level. However, You are limited to whatever material is on hand. Shifting the nature and function of biomass takes only a thought, with it automatically conforming to what you desire and what you want it to be and do. Unfortunately, You cannot alter your own biology ]

' Oh fuck.'

This was my last thought as blackness immediately greeted me after. The last thing I saw was eight pairs of beautiful eyes smiling at me.

..

..

..

..

..

...

..Oh fuck indeed.

>>>>>>

6