Ch:13
191 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All of a sudden, outside on the surface where the nocturnal sky was illuminated by the users' and monsters' abilities as they clashed against one another.

More than three hundred beings were projected to the sky, scattering as if repulsed by an angry volcano.

A peculiar long-haired girl stood on top of a severely injured boar. She was seen by many mounting it, holding herself by gripping the tusks. She resisted to the best of her ability to not fall from it, allowing the creature's body to withstand the fall for her. Like a meaty cushion it landed and she suffered no such thing as injuries. But the same could not be said for the boar.

She had been one of the first to come out, so her eyes quickly stared at the location where she had left me by the green stone. 

It looked chaotic, at the way creatures were sent flying randomly: some dying by the sharp wood of the many branches, others landing on top of the reincarnated crushing them.

I Pandora scattered outstanding pandemonium across this battlefield, bringing misery to many.

Sufferable howls roamed the area, frightening the many users who also assisted this creepy scene.

Blood poured in diverse directions, staining the trees along with the further away grass and the closeby sand.

"Greetings, oh unholy child," a man had come to be in Alice's presence without her noticing. Perhaps, he had come to be there waiting for her, for that was more likely to be right. But how could it be? Had anyone grasped the means to see the future in this new world? Had such been this man's wish?

"Who are you?" she asked nervously, withstanding the wild behavior of the fiend between her legs. What a nasty, feisty piggy this one was, shaking itself to the sides, unable to move.

Its short legs had been broken from the grand fall and yet dared to act erratically, not willing to be dominated by another.

"You can call me the seer," he passed his elderly fingers through his white beard, reminding her of what it meant to be old.

Worried about me, with the people who closed in from all sides, she lifted the dagger, grabbing it with both hands. Then, she turned it upside down and stabbed the creature's head taking the crystalization of experience into her mouth.

Blood was everywhere, and to Alice, it managed to be her second skin, a layer upon her natural self.

"What's a seer?"

"He who foresees the future."

"Sees?" her eyes glanced at the man ones, perceiving them to be almost fully white. Never once had she seen any like that. But it made her wonder if they were okay.

"This a curse, the price of witnessing visions that shouldn't otherwise be seen."

For the first time in a long while, Alice gulped, mustering the bravery to question him, "were you waiting for me?"

"Unfortunately, you were not in my plans. The destiny this old one had sighted was shattered by a pillar of purple light."

"Ah..." 

His words were simple enough for even a child to understand. Yet, she didn't know the future could be changed by the deeds of the reincarnated, much less her own.

Had her actions been that special? Anyone could have fed experience to their items, right? She thought briefly about these things, unsure of what had been so important about it. And almost as if the ancient figure had read her mind, his following words became the key to deciphering her puzzled mind.

"Because you were the first."

The first to do what others didn't dare to try. The experience was after all the fuel necessary for user growth. Many had instantly perceived it as valuable as money once had been. Perhaps it had now become its new currency. With importance came value, and with value came the possibility of a trade.

"Tell me, child, if you are willing. What is it that you gained?"

"From the pillar of light?" 

"That is so."

She decided to answer his question with a whisper and a gaze. Her eyes moved towards where I was expelling monsters out of me. 

"An ability."

"The amount of chaos its causing," he muttered in a low tone, calculating how special the item was. And how problematic it could be in the wrong hands.

A spear remained in his right hand, standing vertically, toe to toe with its wielder. Its appearance was similar to the weapon in her hand. What she failed to get a grasp of was his item. The long black robes kept everything covered from neck to feet. Knowing that we had all been reincarnated. It was strange the man had found himself in such fine clothes. This could mean it was what he wore before the grand reincarnation. But if that was right, then who in the hell was he? A cosplayer grandpa, perhaps?

"How'd you get here if you can't see?" 

"A proper question with a rightful answer. Of course, I received assistance from others like us."

"Alright, mister. I need to go find Pandora." 

At that moment the man's expression twitched and darkened. Nervously, he asked, "a box?"

She unmounted the boar, stealing a glimpse at the very tall figure.

"You didn't lie," she smiled briefly before turning around. Instead of leaving right away, she added, "feed the experience to your item and a similar miracle may happen."

The old one bowed lightly like a gentleman as he heard Alice leaving. But his expression was that of a shocked man, stuttered to the core.

The beasts had stopped falling, leaving the surroundings in a ruckus. 

Inside his mind, he took a glimpse at his information.

 

Name: Merlin | 60 years old

Race: Elf | Grade: Inferior Species

Level: 0 | Exp: 20

Curses: Blind Foresight.

Weaknesses: Fire, rot, void, demons.

Innate Traits: Nature Friend.

Contracted to the tree.

 

"Barely have much myself," he muttered softly, hoping to change it soon.

A small group soon approached the seer.

"How'd it go old man?" A young blonde teen questioned, wielding a greatsword in his hands.

"She may very well be your fit," he laughed, intertwining it with coughing.

"Don't go on dying yet," a young woman declared feeling it would be a waste of talent.

 

Name: Yuki| 25 years old

Race: Elf | Grade: Inferior Species

Level: 0 | Exp: 40

Curses: Delusional Ninja.

Weaknesses: Fire, rot, void, demons.

Innate Traits: Nature Friend.

Contracted to the kunai.

 

"My destiny is far from over," from a gap in its robes, he took out a little tree, smiling at it.

Next to him, the young human who had beauty splattered all over his face lifted the greatsword in his possession at the upcoming creature, "I'll become the king of this new world." 

 

Name: Arthur | 15 years old

Race: Elf | Grade: Inferior Species

Level: 0 | Exp: 150

Curses: Obsessive Conqueror.

Weaknesses: Fire, rot, void, demons.

Innate Traits: Nature Friend.

Contracted to the greatsword.

 

Behind him the young lady, Yuki threw a kunai, piercing one of the fiend's feet.

With a clear arc, Arthur did an almighty swing cleaving the piggy body in half.

"Can't activate your aura if you're killed fast," he sneered at it, mocking its corpse, and ending up kicking its head.

 "Now, now grandson. Don't belittle the dead or they may rise to haunt you," with a little glare the old man hid his face inside the black hood.

The boy clicked his tongue, not willing to go against the ancient one.

"Did you get what you wanted, Merlin?" The young woman in blue shorts and a white shirt retrieved the small weapon.

"I believe I may have," his hand slowly approached the crystalization of experience, feeding it to the tree in his possession.

And then it shone, causing the two younglings to smile.

17