Ch:30
180 15 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Out of a sudden, something inexplicable happened to Alice.

She heard the hole let out a burp. 

"What?" They looked confused at one another, neither knowing what to say or do.

But it seemed there was nothing happening after doing that peculiar sound, causing Alice to scratch the back of her head.

"Nothing..."

"It was worth trying," Katherine attempted to cheer her up.

"350 experience down a hole..." Alice took a seat on the cold ground stressing over how hard it had been to get rid of those spiders, and how this hadn't really helped in any useful way.

As a new leader, she attempted to think of things to improve their lifestyle.

But they were so behind in time and she was just an inexperienced child that lacked so much knowledge and information that she just didn't know what to do.

'I'm tired,' she protested to the sole soul that she felt she could confide: me.

'Try to get some rest for the time being.'

Alice muttered a sound, returning to the room where the somewhat comfortable furs remained.

While laying on the ground, she stared at the ceiling and its faint light.

"I'm sorry Theseus..." she had some hiccups before being able to fall asleep.

Inside my domain, I found the entrance opening by itself, causing me to go check it out.

Like before, I waved the lantern to see who had triggered it. And to my surprise, there she was, my little Alice.

"Come on in," I told her quickly, pulling her hand as she looked rather depressed.

We took a seat by one of the walls.

"You don't have to push yourself so hard," I told her despite believing otherwise. Other users were likely trying hard to become stronger, so it was normal for Alice to not want to fall behind.

"I need to protect them."

"You already did once. They'll have to learn how to fend off by themselves."

She looked at me curiously as if my words were a mystery to her.

"What's wrong, Alice?'

"Do you think they don't need me?'

"That's not what I meant,' I intertwined my hands against each other. 

She leaned her head on my shoulder, seeking a bit of comfort.

"Just... you shouldn't try to shoulder everything."

A feeble murmur ventured itself out of her mouth. It seemed this place was not so much like a prison, but more like an inn where the souls could rest.

In the meantime, Katherine arrived at the core room, standing by her kin. She saw them slicing through the spider corpses with the use of the blackened sharp legs as if they were long kitchen knives.

"Alice has given us a race, tools, meat, blood, and even protection despite how young she is."

They stole a glimpse at her. Complaints flew her way.

"Where is Theseus?" 

"Why is he not protecting us anymore?"

"What were those things?"

They had been living like rats, secured by a golem who spooned them in every way. 

But those times were over.

Theseus was gone.

Times were changing.

And they were about to be forced to make their own choice.

"Our guardian has died to the monsters that we slew today. Alone he was outnumbered and ravaged, completely destroyed," Alice had not told her what exactly happened.

But Katherine knew that they could not sit still and do nothing.

Yet, she saw the feebleness take over their weak selves.

Despair drowned their spoiled bodies.

"We're all going to die," one of the men muttered, feeling hopeless.

"Maybe we will!" The named women shouted gathering their attention further.

"But maybe we won't. That will be up to us to choose. We will decide if we become those filthy creatures' meal, or if they become our food!"

Their gazes met the many corpses of the creatures.

Seven of them were dead and the villagers remained alive.

Perhaps they could survive.

A hint of hope gleamed within them.

"Alice has given us the means," her finger poked one of the thirty-two spider legs.  

They seemed like a good way to get things done.

Each picked one and then they mimicked Katherine who raised her own into the air.

Soon they dispersed taking everything they could to the many floor rooms, leaving the woman behind in the core room.

And given the chance, she knelt in its middle, whispering, "for my lady."

She placed her palms on the fluids that had come out of my dimension along with the leftover mess from the spiders that had died.

"Blood omen," the surrounding liquid began flowing in front of her becoming something more.

Grotesque scenes streamed before her eyes showing the vampiric being of a territory in the future, a golden city with a white flag. Of a charming prince wielding a lightful weapon with immeasurable powers. Of him taking Alice's hand in marriage and...

Behind all that beauty, there lay a dark mountain with vile creatures. 

And atop its peak, a girl with a chain in the middle of her chest was holding a lantern with one hand. Its flame was that of a green abhorrent aura, similar to the one of the ritual. But what struck Katherine the most, was her tender yet sorrowful gaze looking down on the world. It showed an inexplicable feeling, almost like all the prior greatness was simply insignificant.

As if forewarning the vampiric being of something, the lantern pointed behind and the scene moved to what was hidden in the vast shadow created by the tall mountain.

The woman's eyes were quickly mesmerized by how wide the world was as she had never seen the outside before.

The moon creepily smiled, illuminating everything below, and just as her eyes followed its moonlight, she shivered.

A gigantic army walked toward the couple, destroying everything in its path.

The liquid completely diluted and the scenery faded.

Some information followed causing Katherine to furrow with concern.

Blood Omen: The prophetic ability to perceive an ominous threat from the future. Requires a considerable amount of blood. Cooldown 365 days.

14